BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mainoo is a Kante but without the speed, tackling and intensity.

Just another mundane midfielder who plays for an alleged top club.

Another Rashford / McTominay.

My mate is a City fan and absolutely loves that the United fans / brass overrate their youth players. It keeps the gap between the two sides in Manchester cavernous. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoversTilliDie said:

Yet another average performance. Play like that against the top dogs, and it could be an embarassing scoreline. Has southgate got something against Wharton, so far he's played o minutes.

He doesn't play for a "big club"

• Backroom

Has to be one of the worst groups in tournament history. 7 goals in the entire group, I think? Final matches and not a single one of the teams could score a goal ffs. You'd expect us, Denmark and Slovenia to all get knocked out in the last 16, and I don't think any neutrals would be too concerned. So many good games and good performances across the tournament, but Group C has been the big let down for anyone watching 

I would play this team on Sunday

Pickford

Walker Stones Guehi Tripper

Rice

Palmer Bellingham Foden Gordon

Kane

On today performance, far too slow with the ball, needed pace wide. Palmer and Gordon should have been on much earlier. Created very little

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, RoversTilliDie said:

Yet another average performance. Play like that against the top dogs, and it could be an embarassing scoreline. Has southgate got something against Wharton, so far he's played o minutes.

Evidently he's not a fan of CMs that can pass.

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Must be one of the worst Euro, or WC, groups ever. 

It does seem bizarre we can get this group while France, Netherlands and Austria all in a group.

All our groups under Southgate have been so easy, followed by ending up on the weak side of the draw. Its an uncanny talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Kane said we were much better tonight. He may need a drugs test. 

Tbf we were, but that's more of a statement on how dhambolic they've been rather than any particularly good performances

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Has Bellingham passed the ball to an England player yet

I was going to post similar in the first half.

He scored a great header in an earlier game but otherwise he's been pants.

Saving himself for the "big" teams ........ I hope ....

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Southgate has a lot of short comings but he is incredibly jammy with the draw... Fourth tournament in a row with soft draws!

The luck he get's is incredible. He's served up 3 dreadful performances in the group but get's lucky in that it is one of the worst groups in tournament history, so he top's the group and manages to end up on the softer side of the draw. If previous England manager's had the luck he has with draws then England would have won something since 66.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

That was just bad.

Either Foden or Bellingham has to be dropped, but that would take big cahones. Southgate doesn’t have them.

Foden isn't help by having Trippier behind him but he has been mainly ineffective, cuts inside and runs into traffic.

All the subs made a difference I thought. Denmark and the first half tonight I thought it looked like our players just hadn't gelled and didn't look like they knew each other. Second half was better and showed glimpses. 

Bellingham since the first game hasn't looked like Lord and saviour so I think it's time to drop him back next to rice and put foden at 10, he had a good game tonight. Pop Gordon out left and Palmer in for saka 

• Like 1