BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was going to post similar in the first half.

He scored a great header in an earlier game but otherwise he's been pants.

Saving himself for the "big" teams ........ I hope ....

He was genuinely brilliant in the first half against Serbia and then utterly disappeared.... Very odd. Not really seen anything like it.

I think Bellingham and Kane are struggling to play together. Gordon and Palmer look like they need to star. Hard decisions need to be made.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Kane said we were much better tonight. He may need a drugs test. 

I think we were better tbh, but it’s a pretty low bar.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Walking football. Hope you can handle some more criticism Harry Kane, you poor little lamb.

Aye, Lineker will be all over it, Lineker who's got as many World Cup and Euros winning medals as me.

That was a pretty dire game. Second half a very willing but limited Slovenia team must have had all of about 2 minutes in our half yet we never really looked like scoring. Did Pickford actually touch the ball in that half ?

Lock Southgate in the boot room and let the players run the show

Don't know what's worse watching Rovers or watching England.

Gallagher was ineffective exactly as I thought he would be and posted as such.  A glorified Robble Savage.

As for Rice, what's he doing that Travis couldn't!?  He's that ineffective.

For feck sake Southgate, show some balls and make Wharton your midfield playmaker.

Boring and frustrating stuff from our over hyped, overrated prima donnas.  Get the buggers home.

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

He was genuinely brilliant in the first half against Serbia and then utterly disappeared.... Very odd. Not really seen anything like it.

I think Bellingham and Kane are struggling to play together. Gordon and Palmer look like they need to star. Hard decisions need to be made.

kane can`t be fit.he`s looks like he`s labouring from 10 mins in

• Like 3

For the next game I'd go with the following. Get Stones in to midfield where he is very comfortable and allow Rice to play further forward. The left side is a huge problem thanks to the idiot manager so I'd play Saka there to try and bring a bit of balance.

Pickford

Walker  Guehi   Gomez

Stones

TAA         Rice                 Mainoo       Saka

Bellingham         Kane

Edited by Ewood Ace

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The luck he get's is incredible. He's served up 3 dreadful performances in the group but get's lucky in that it is one of the worst groups in tournament history, so he top's the group and manages to end up on the softer side of the draw. If previous England manager's had the luck he has with draws then England would have won something since 66.

Nowt to do with luck, England topped their group and did the job. 

Others didn't, so end up where they belong. 

38 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Walking football. Hope you can handle some more criticism Harry Kane, you poor little lamb.

He said how much we'd improved...  chaddyesque that interview..

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched the Austria v Holland game earlier. It was like they were playing another sport entirely.

To be fair, that was a game where both teams genuinely wanted to attack each other. I'm not making excuses entirely because the whole group stage has been like pulling teeth for England, but it's going to be completely different when we play a team that wants to attack us a bit more. 

Misery loves company. I have had to suffer Rovers and Ireland for the last decade plus. Feels like the joy of football was sucked out of me. Welcome Gents.

A basket case club team and an underwhelming extremely frustrating national team. Different levels of expectations I'm aware but you get my point.

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

but it's going to be completely different when we play a team that wants to attack us a bit more. 

Yes and I'm really worried about it!

• Like 1