BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

12 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Itv's coverage is so rank

You've just spent 90 minutes listening to Danny Murphy.

You're now listening to McCoist - a man that actually expresses joy at watching football.

The studio stuff might be much worse (I never watch it), but I'd rather listen to McCoist than Murphy every day of the week.

• Like 7

The studio experts talking about blocking an opponent as though it is a tactical legal move. I always understood that impeding an opponent while not playing the ball is obstruction. We need arbrito to explain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Poorest Italy side I've seen in years

Correct - and they failed to qualify for the last World Cup - but England couldn’t find a way to beat them in front of our fans in our national stadium. All down to Southgate again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

The studio experts talking about blocking an opponent as though it is a tactical legal move. I always understood that impeding an opponent while not playing the ball is obstruction. We need arbrito to explain. 

Obstruction was removed from the laws several seasons ago. It is now impeding and punishable by a direct free kick as opposed to an indirect free kick when obstruction was in the laws.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Correct - and they failed to qualify for the last World Cup - but England couldn’t find a way to beat them in front of our fans in our national stadium. All down to Southgate again

mancini an excellent tactician,completely outfoxed gareth,who did`nt know what to do when italy changed formation

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Obstruction was removed from the laws several seasons ago. It is now impeding and punishable by a direct free kick as opposed to an indirect free kick when obstruction was in the laws.

So blocking is still an offence then and not a tactical manoeuvre?

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

So blocking is still an offence then and not a tactical manoeuvre?

It was always an offence but now not classed as obstruction. I think in those circumstances it is tactical and certainly deliberate.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We beat them home and away in qualifying.  The Italy team you talk about  was on a different level

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

It was always an offence but now not classed as obstruction. I think in those circumstances it is tactical and certainly deliberate.

Thanks for the clarification. I’m just sick of seeing it not punished, it’s like watching NFL and for me it is ruining the game. 

• Like 3