BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I hate those delayed run up penalties too. Should be outlawed. 

Same it's infuriating. If they're going to be strict about goalies staying on their line then the run up needs to be one smooth motion. 

• Like 5

What’s annoying is this game has been turned on a decision that nobody really appealed for, and nobody would have known or cared if it was never even looked at.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

Just now, Hasta said:

What’s annoying is this game has been turned on a decision that nobody really appealed for, and nobody would have known or cared if it was never even looked at..

Cnuts in the var room looking for fame

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Cnuts in the var room looking for fame

Yep. They book you for daring to visually show your not happy that a foul has been given against you, but can’t get that right.

It’s barely a metre away from him and he’s running in a completely natural way. Sure he sticks his leg out to block the ball but I’d love to see one of the rulemakers try to run flat out and stick you leg out to block and not have an arm away from your body.

They can fuck off and so can that irritating yank in the studio who just sucks up to whatever on field decision is given.

And this is just Denmark V Germany. Imagine if England go out to such a decision. 🤬

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

What’s annoying is this game has been turned on a decision that nobody really appealed for, and nobody would have known or cared if it was never even looked at.

Two decisions, really. The Danish goal clearly wasn't offside.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Two decisions, really. The Danish goal clearly wasn't offside.

Well the VAR machine says it was so I’ll blame that on the system (which is not 1cm accurate) rather than the operators. ( I don’t think you can say it was ‘clearly onside’ either.)

But for the penalty they’ve looked at it and decided to consciously make that decision. Chances are it’s a leveller in their own mind for the disallowed goal early on.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Well the VAR machine says it was so I’ll blame that on the system (which is not 1cm accurate) rather than the operators. ( I don’t think you can say it was ‘clearly onside’ either.)

But for the penalty they’ve looked at it and decided to consciously make that decision. Chances are it’s a leveller in their own mind for the disallowed goal early on.

What gets me about that one is I thought VAR was to be used in the case of 'obvious mistakes'? Was that changed? Because I don't see what's an 'obvious' mistake about someone's toe being 2mm offside. Even Collina isn't catching that with any certainty. Like you say, even the computer system can't really be sure about it.

Bollocks decision and totally turned the momentum of the game before we even get into a soft penalty moments later.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

If Oliver ever officiates one of our games I'm going to throw a brick at his head 

Of course you are…

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bazza said:

Martha Longhurst and Minnie Caldwell?

I started a binge watch from 1960, now at March 1982. I saw most of the 60s and a lot of the 70s at the time but little since the early 80s.

I have enjoyed rewatching the early stuff the most. Minnie was a gem.

All on YouTube.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bazza said:

The American expert has said it's not Oliver's fault; it's FIFA's.

Although she said the  VAR officials deemed the silhouette of the body to be ‘unnatural’. By which point Keane had already pointed out it was a natural,  running balanced position.

So the officials could have deemed it ‘natural’ as that’s always up to perception.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

“Natural position” this, “unnatural position” that, “arm movement” here, “close proximity” there.

Utterly ridiculous. The laws of the game say it has to be intentional handball. If the VAR officials were given that simple task to base their decision on, it would be so much easier and so bloody obvious in 99 cases out of 100. 

• Like 4

The game is being sanitised to a level that a goal scored isn't being celebrated with the vigour in the crowd that it should be, that is a fundamental failing in the system, football above all else is in the entertainment industry.

The system should only be used for howlers, for me the disallowed goal and penalty are howlers BECAUSE of technology. 

Bringing in technology for 2mm of boot being offside is not needed, goals are entertaining and change games. If offside isn't obvious (clear and obvious remember) then give the damn goal.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, den said:

“Natural position” this, “unnatural position” that, “arm movement” here, “close proximity” there.

Utterly ridiculous. The laws of the game say it has to be intentional handball. If the VAR officials were given that simple task to base their decision on, it would be so much easier and so bloody obvious in 99 cases out of 100. 

Even before all this natural position stuff, I'd say 90% upwards of handball decisions given were bollocks. A professional footballer is extremely unlikely to intentionally handle the ball, especially in the area. Especially if it's for something as mundane as stopping a cross coming in. I see very, very few cases where I think the player has intentionally put their hand on the ball (although as a side note I do think it should be a penalty regardless of intent if it directly stops a goal crossing the line).

The vast majority of penalties given for handball have been the ball being smashed at someone from a couple of yards away, or a player moving their arms as part of adjusting their balance and position. Ie, natural movement. This new version of the laws is clearly intended to deal with the latter problem, but what these fuckwit officials deem an 'unnatural' movement and what I deem an unnatural movement are entirely different animals. You have to wonder if these guys have played the game even at grass roots level sometimes.

• Like 2

I have been involved pretty much all my life in football in various guises as a player, referee and supporter. I despise what is happening to our game as the law makers (IFAB) in their wisdom think they are improving the game but in reality are ruining it. I started refereeing in 1983 and judging handball was simplified by one word - deliberate. That was the only criteria a referee had to judge. Now the law has become so complex several other factors supersede that word and things like silhouette and t shirt line have to be factored in. The real problem though is IFAB who have the power to make radical law changes when they don't have any empathy with the game, they are out of touch and most of them on power trips. The FA representative on IFAB was David Elleray and anybody who saw him referee will know what I mean. I haven't seen or heard of anybody who understands football say that the penalty given last night was deserving of one but I'm certain that the Head of Refereeing in UEFA, Roberto Rosetti will support it by quoting the part of law which will ridiculously, in his opinion justify it. And what is that embarrassing 'snickometer' thing they are showing? It will clearly pander to the blazers within the game but the real people, the fans who pay money to watch are being short changed.

Football used to be such a simple game, in many respects that was the beauty of it. Now when I hear that American woman talk (wtf was she saying about lightning being within ten miles of the stadium would necessitate a half hour stoppage) I realise that certain aspects are too complex. I just wish the law makers could see that.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

What gets me about that one is I thought VAR was to be used in the case of 'obvious mistakes'? Was that changed? Because I don't see what's an 'obvious' mistake about someone's toe being 2mm offside. Even Collina isn't catching that with any certainty. Like you say, even the computer system can't really be sure about it.

Bollocks decision and totally turned the momentum of the game before we even get into a soft penalty moments later.

I think offsides come under the ‘serious missed incident’ part of the rules and therefore don’t need to be clear and obvious errors.

Rule needs changing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, den said:

Maybe it shouldn’t be but it is in the law…

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised