BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’d bring on Wharton, Palmer and Gordon and I’d do it now.

Although I wouldn’t have to as I’d have started with all three.

I’d wager that Southgate's first change will be Gallagher for Mainoo. 

Criminal how poorly we’re playing under this guy.

• Like 2

Just now, G Somerset Rover said:

Swapping that one position is literally the only thing he knows how to do. And honestly, Mainoo has been fine, I'd prefer Wharton but Mainoo at least wants to move forwards, it's just he has a bunch of statues further up the pitch. 

Foden would be the first one off for me, we could have a national league left winger there and they'd offer more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’d bring on Wharton, Palmer and Gordon and I’d do it now.

Although I wouldn’t have to as I’d have started with all three.

100% the changes needed

3 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

100% the change that will happen

Southgate is fucking useless.

• Backroom

The usual suspects anonymous. Defensively a shambles as soon as a decent team tries to have a go at us, to the surprise of no one. Special mention to Trippier, Bellingham, Foden and Kane who have all been particularly useless. 

5th best team in the world? Don't make me laugh. Couldn't beat Denmark. Couldn't beat Slovenia. Narrowly scraped past Serbia. Now being embarrassed by Slovakia. Lose this one and Gareth needs to do the honourable thing, much like the manager he replaced, and resign immediately afterwards.

Best England manager since Sir Alf my foot. He isn't a patch on Robson, Venables or Hoddle for a start. Getting a bunch of easy tournament draws and achieving the bare minimum of squeezing past mostly lesser opposition, before inevitably losing to the first good team we come up against, don't impress me much, to paraphrase Shania Twain. 

Russia 2018 and Euro 2020 were huge chances for us to finally win an international tournament. I genuinely think with a progressive, modern manager at the helm we'd have done it. Such a shame. 

We can still win this one, but even if we do scrape through the Swiss will teach us a lesson. Might be for the best if we crash out now. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

The usual suspects anonymous. Defensively a shambles as soon as a decent team tries to have a go at us, to the surprise of no one. Special mention to Trippier, Bellingham, Foden and Kane who have all been particularly useless. 

5th best team in the world? Don't make me laugh. Couldn't beat Denmark. Couldn't beat Slovenia. Narrowly scraped past Serbia. Now being embarrassed by Slovakia. Lose this one and Gareth needs to do the honourable thing, much like the manager he replaced, and resign immediately afterwards.

Best England manager since Sir Alf my foot. He isn't a patch on Robson, Venables or Hoddle for a start. Getting a bunch of easy tournament draws and achieving the bare minimum of squeezing past mostly lesser opposition, before inevitably losing to the first good team we come up against, don't impress me much, to paraphrase Shania Twain. 

Russia 2018 and Euro 2020 were huge chances for us to finally win an international tournament. I genuinely think with a progressive, modern manager at the helm we'd have done it. Such a shame. 

We can still win this one, but even if we do scrape through the Swiss will teach us a lesson. Might be for the best if we crash out now. 

Very good post but ‘we’re shit’ would have sufficed.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Very good post but ‘we’re shit’ would have sufficed.

Aye, but sometimes you've just got to let it out.

With that done, please Gareth, prove me wrong. 

• Like 1