BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Bellingham and Kane must go down as two of our worst attackers in any tournament. Bellingham useful for 45 minutes and Kane for that ten seconds when he tapped in against Denmark. 

Post of the day.

• Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

The Swiss won't dispose of us. The players will have a spring in their step now. Out superior quality will overpower them 

I just love your optimism. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The Swiss won't dispose of us. The players will have a spring in their step now. Out superior quality will overpower them 

I wish I could believe but one word that describes this team so far has definitely not been "quality"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Not arguing here, this is a genuine question that I'd love to hear your opinion on: What on earth have you seen from either side that makes you think that?

So far the English players have probably played the worst football any of them have ever played. The Swiss have probably been at their best. I base my opinion on, something will change, and individually we have the better players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

There’s something quite unlikeable about this set up, even aside from the wretched performances. There seems to be a real arrogance amongst the players and manager - their reactions to the recent justified criticism has demonstrated it. It seems to be the modern way that managers like to stick stubbornly to their “philosophy” and changing anything is a sign of weakness, but it barely seems as if there is any real plan here in the first place.

Some real cockiness in the celebrations too - it should’ve been complete and utter relief. Pretty sure Kane claimed in his post match that Bellinghams goal was “the greatest in our country’s history” which is almost as arrogant as it is delusional.

Big changes are obviously needed next time out after fluking it through that tie. Obviously won’t happen though.

Nothing wrong with celebrating 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

There’s something quite unlikeable about this set up, even aside from the wretched performances. There seems to be a real arrogance amongst the players and manager - their reactions to the recent justified criticism has demonstrated it. It seems to be the modern way that managers like to stick stubbornly to their “philosophy” and changing anything is a sign of weakness, but it barely seems as if there is any real plan here in the first place.

Some real cockiness in the celebrations too - it should’ve been complete and utter relief. Pretty sure Kane claimed in his post match that Bellinghams goal was “the greatest in our country’s history” which is almost as arrogant as it is delusional.

Big changes are obviously needed next time out after fluking it through that tie. Obviously won’t happen though.

That’s the problem. He has no idea what his best line up is. Keep playing the same way that’s stunk out the last four games, that’s all he knows.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do they need to have three touches before they can pass the ball.

Englands problem was that a lot of the time after the three touches they gave the ball away. But at least we are through.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Pretty sure Kane claimed in his post match that Bellinghams goal was “the greatest in our country’s history” which is almost as arrogant as it is delusional.

Not only delusional but bloody ignorant. Does he think we are all under 20? What a fuckwit! In his post match interview he comes out with “We done that” Do you mean “we did that”Harry? You’re the captain of England ffs so try to speak bloody English. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Post of the day.

Was very much true at the time it was posted tbf. Still is arguably. Bellingham's goal was superb but the only useful thing he did all game. Kane's was just a fortunate poacher's header which was only possible because of a miskick which led to a flick on. 

Both need to step up two or three gears against the Swiss. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Nothing wrong with celebrating 

I think the point is, Bellingham didn't really celebrate, he was just giving it all that. I thought exactly the same at the time. 

Let's be honest, there hasn't been anything to "give it all that" about. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, M_B said:

I think the point is, Bellingham didn't really celebrate, he was just giving it all that. I thought exactly the same at the time. 

Let's be honest, there hasn't been anything to "give it all that" about. 

I find this group of England players and manager very dislikable. They’re a bunch of arrogant cry babies none more so than Bellingham. He views perfectly justifiable criticism as direct attacks. A far more humble approach would be to acknowledge the team and him personally were shite for 94 mins. But no just this deflect and dismiss attitude. Walker was similarly arrogant in his post match comments vs Slovenia. Southgate is just delusional. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

I find this group of England players and manager very dislikable. They’re a bunch of arrogant cry babies none more so than Bellingham. He views perfectly justifiable criticism as direct attack. A far more humble approach would be to acknowledge the team and him personally were shite for 94 mins. But no just this deflect and dismiss attitude. Walker was similarly arrogant in his post match comments Slovenia. Southgate is just delusional. 

Bellingham does throw himself over a lot,I don't watch Spanish football as a rule, but it does make me wonder if he's used to getting decisions at Real, that he isn't getting here.