BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

4 minutes ago, Giant said:

Compared to the dross served up earlier, Spain v Georgia is a cracking game so far.

Both teams significantly better on the ball than us, in different ways. Both teams with a lot more desire too.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, matt83 said:

I find this group of England players and manager very dislikable. They’re a bunch of arrogant cry babies none more so than Bellingham. He views perfectly justifiable criticism as direct attack. A far more humble approach would be to acknowledge the team and him personally were shite for 94 mins. But no just this deflect and dismiss attitude. Walker was similarly arrogant in his post match comments Slovenia. Southgate is just delusional. 

They all come across as delusional, honestly. Don't agree with anything being thrown at Southgate, but has deserved the jeering for some of his ridiculous comments. He's been on another planet in this tournament. The players I'm less critical of as I appreciate they'll be defending each other and the manager. Standard us against the world stuff. 

That arrogant 'you were saying?' reaction from Jude after he scored, though... yeah, pretty silly when he's spent the majority of the tournament playing the way he has. Well done on a very lucky last gasp equaliser against Slovakia, having spent another 90+ minutes boring everyone, English or otherwise, to tears. You sure showed us! 

Meanwhile I watch Georgia and wonder how they are showing more pace, trickery, guile and effort than any of our players have at any point in the tournament. 

Just now, rigger said:

I can see Spain scoring four or five in the second half.

Winner progresses to the next round, number of goals don’t matter. 

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Yes Lineker is awful

Best Motd for years when they just showed the games with no commentary.They should have kept it. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Tournament football is all about the result, the performance doesn’t matter.

Next!

Whilst this is absolutely true, the way we have performed against bang average teams every single time provides little confidence we will be able to overcome good sides, let alone the best sides.

• Like 2

We were very lucky tonight. Poor performance and created very little and tempo far too slow. 

I would change to 3-4-2-1 formation next game and my team would be

Pickford

Walker Stones Konsa 

TAA   Mainoo   Rice   Saka

Palmer  Bellingham

Kane

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, bluebruce said:

Whilst this is absolutely true, the way we have performed against bang average teams every single time provides little confidence we will be able to overcome good sides, let alone the best sides.

Not sure I agree that it's true tbh. Aren't international tournaments supposed to be fun? Aren't you supposed to have pride in watching your team? Aren't you supposed to look forward to watching your country play? 

I dread every England match. Not because I'm anxious, but because we're so boring. Grinding out wins all the way to the final doesn't sound like a good time to me. I'm not sure winning the tournament will mean that much if every match was total shit. Or maybe it would, idk. Doesn't feel like it right now though. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Same comments since the opening game and look where we are. Performances have been poor, results have been put is in Qfinals. 

I feel sorry for Guehi, somebody ( Foden ? ) sold him short with an awful pass and he had to take one for the team. Now he misses the next game. I wasn’t impressed by the ref he was letting things go in the second half that he’d been booking players for in the first 10 minutes.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We were very lucky tonight. Poor performance and created very little and tempo far too slow. 

I would change to 3-4-2-1 formation next game and my team would be

Pickford

Walker Stones Konsa 

TAA   Mainoo   Rice   Saka

Palmer  Bellingham

Kane

When we briefly upped the tempo for 10 minutes at the end of the 90 minutes we looked better. Then as soon as we go 2-1 up it was back to walking football again.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I feel sorry for Guehi, somebody ( Foden ? ) sold him short with an awful pass and he had to take one for the team. Now he misses the next game. I wasn’t impressed by the ref he was letting things go in the second half that he’d been booking players for in the first 10 minutes.

Trippier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The trip on Mainoo was the clearest yellow of the game, I'll bet their player was expecting to walk. Absolutely ridiculous decision. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

Not sure I agree that it's true tbh. Aren't international tournaments supposed to be fun? Aren't you supposed to have pride in watching your team? Aren't you supposed to look forward to watching your country play? 

I dread every England match. Not because I'm anxious, but because we're so boring. Grinding out wins all the way to the final doesn't sound like a good time to me. I'm not sure winning the tournament will mean that much if every match was total shit. Or maybe it would, idk. Doesn't feel like it right now though. 

Having faltered time after time, whether playing good football or not, and having won nothing since 1966, I don't care how we win anymore. We're not a Brazil who have won so much they can afford to get particular about how they win. We just need a trophy because we're possibly the biggest under achievers in international football.

Win like this against a quality side in the final and I'll be over the moon. Much rather that than play brilliantly but lose. But the way we have floundered against meh sides tells me we won't be reaching the final despite a very generous draw.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was Trippier, but I agree. Missing both our left sided defenders might end up forcing us into changing approach vs the Swiss though, which would be no bad thing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Same comments since the opening game and look where we are. Performances have been poor, results have been put is in Qfinals. 

Opponents have been poor too though. Still not faced a good side. There is no glory in what we have achieved, it is the bare minimum given the fixtures we have had, and gives zero faith that we will be able to beat a quality team.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ref seemed to be trying to establish his authority early on with unnecessary yellows, but as you say, it made him look inconsistent when he didn't give cards for fouls that were clearly worse later on and actually deserving of a yellow. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Win like this against a quality side in the final and I'll be over the moon. But the way we have floundered against meh sides tells me we won't be reaching the final despite a very generous draw.

I think we're both in agreement there. I don't think the Swiss will be too concerned. I imagine they'll consider this their best chance so far to reach a semi final. 

• Like 1