BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

17 minutes ago, aletheia said:

England certainly not been great but Lineker should keep quiet.

Lineker

No European cup

No Euro championship final

Not a World Cup winner (semi)

European cup winner’s cup

Charity shield (x2)

FA cup

so your not allowed to criticise now when the national side is managed by someone who can`t make tactical changes,won`t change personel and his team plays terrible

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

so your not allowed to criticise now when the national side is managed by someone who can`t make tactical changes,won`t change personel and his team plays terrible

So literally only the surviving members of the 1966 squad are allow pass judgement on the England Team. 

What a joke 🙂 

2 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Of course, but in the context of England have always been pretty poor. It was excessive (Podcast to flog?)

It wasn't excessive at all, did you listen to the Podcast or are you just reading about it in the Sun?

It was measured, he said the performace had been shit (which was a massive understatement). He did not criticise players and he said the manager was being excessively cautious. You should here Eamon Dunphy speak about the Irish Team if you want to see excessive. 🙂

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Ok measured then. I don't read The Sun.

The problem is there is significant number of people in the UK who do not like Gary Linieker and do not want to hear his opinion on anything, 

Edited by Blow-in

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

these portugal tosspots don`t half do some overreacting when it comes to being tackled

Can't stand them. Want them to lose but for the fact I don't want France to get an easy tie in the quarters

2 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

The problem is there is significant number of people in the UK who do not like Gary Linieker and do not want to here his opinion on anything, 

i can`t stand the self righteous **** but he`s entitled to his opinion and he was bang on with his critique

Just now, aletheia said:

Quite like Lineker. And happy to hear his thoughts. Just thought the reaction (not just his) became hysterical.

We haven't been good though and think we will lose to the Swiss.

I don't. I honestly think this is the turning point. It's come to something when we're fearing the Swiss

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

well i did`nt know the terminally useless roberto martinez was portugal boss,that guy must do some serious a**e  licking to keep getting big jobs

I was thinking that. He's already destroyed one golden generation 

1 minute ago, aletheia said:

There you have it -England entitlement in a nutshell. Serial underachievers at national level.

It's not really entitlement to think you shouldn't be second favourites against a team 14 places below you in the rankings. You can be cautious of their dangers, but the fact most are expecting them to be the better team shows that the team are performing way before where they should be.

It's like if Chelsea fans expected to get battered by Ipswich.

• Like 1

I love that Ronaldo is so unlikeable that my partner who hates football will engage in a Portugal match just to cheer the opposition. 

He's spent the entire half making it all about him and looking like he's about to cry. Quality stuff. 

• Like 5

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

well i did`nt know the terminally useless roberto martinez was portugal boss,that guy must do some serious a**e  licking to keep getting big jobs

A textbook case of falling upwards. Remarkable really. 

• Like 2

On 30/06/2024 at 14:34, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I couldn’t believe how we went right back into our shell immediately after going 2-1 up. Another goal would have killed them dead but we went back to defending our own penalty again. That won’t wash against better teams than Slovakia.

That trait is very concerning, gonget another or two.  I just feel that young Wharton dropping his sweet passes for a Watkins to run on to would have been just the option we needed.  Southgate is not going to be so daring as to try that.

Funny with the exception of Spain Germany and Portugal the better more exciting and entertaining footy has been played by the "lesser" teams.  Hats off to em.