BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Thomas Tuchel then…

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So how do you line up and who plays left back? 

I would call either Hall or Davis up. 

I dont know. My point was not a criticism of roverandout, just me commenting on how weak we are in that position. Hall struggles to get a regular game, Davis is not the best defensively and unproven at the top level. 

Wont make a difference against crap sides in pointless games. Impacted us in the summer and will going forward in big games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont know. My point was not a criticism of roverandout, just me commenting on how weak we are in that position. Hall struggles to get a regular game, Davis is not the best defensively and unproven at the top level. 

Wont make a difference against crap sides in pointless games. Impacted us in the summer and will going forward in big games.

we have relied too much on Luke Shaw and no back up. 

I would look to blood Davis or Hall and actually look 2 years down the line and say this is our left back for world cup 2026

or you back one and say this is our left back now and in the future. plan head for the world cup..

What happens if people like Lewis or Shaw are injury and not available for the world cup. Are you going to pick Hall or Davis in March 2026? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Yesterday, English-born Greek player, George Baldock, was found dead in the swimming pool of his house in Athens at around 8.30 pm, BST. Today, Greece play England and, apparently, UEFA refused Greece's request for postponement due to the difficulties of rescheduling the match.

I don't know the logistics of the fixtures, nor the details of Greece's request, but this again suggests that football has got it very wrong that a game can't be rescheduled to honour the request of bereaved teammates.

3 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Yesterday, English-born Greek player, George Baldock, was found dead in the swimming pool of his house in Athens at around 8.30 pm, BST. Today, Greece play England and, apparently, UEFA refused Greece's request for postponement due to the difficulties of rescheduling the match.

I don't know the logistics of the fixtures, nor the details of Greece's request, but this again suggests that football has got it very wrong that a game can't be rescheduled to honour the request of bereaved teammates.

There's no room in the schedule.  If the Greeks wanted it postponed.  They should have forfeited the game

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

There's no room in the schedule.  If the Greeks wanted it postponed.  They should have forfeited the game

4 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Heartless. Chaddyesque

My thoughts too. It’s only a tin pot competition anyway

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 2

People always say how brilliant our side is on paper but tonight is the perfect example of what happens when you try and stick our best players in together. In 1 or 2 positions there is an embarassment of riches but across the team there are big weaknesses hence why we get beat when we play anyone good.

Serves Carsley right for trying to be a smart arse and starting with all this false 9 bollux.

Overall I just get the sense that Carsley lacks the gravitas to motivate and intimidate this squad of players. If Guardiola was in charge they wouldn't be making themselves unavailable for selection or be performing like this, meaningless competition or not.

• Like 2

Greece should be 3-0 or 4-0 up - and deserved so, this is absolutely horrific.

Even Lee Carsley surely didn't believe that Lee Carsley was the right man for this job.