BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Thomas Tuchel then…

In his interview after the Ireland game I got the feeling Carsley wasn't all that struck with the media attention. I think he may take the Finland game and then return to the under-21's.

I chose watching the darts over watching that on the TV, but I had it on the iPad and it looked awful. Greece clearly deserved that.

Hopefully its like Keegan losing to Germany, then we get a proper manager in and go smash Greece in Athens 5-1

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Taxi for Lee.

Pack your bags and fuck off.

Probably for the best. There was quite a lobby of support building up in the media before tonight to give Carsley the job.

Promoting from within worked for Spain therefore it was the only sensible way to go for us etc etc

Obviously the two things are complete and utterly mutually exclusive. Just because the Spanish guy was a huge success doesn't mean Carsley is the right man for the job.

• Like 1

We need a manager who the overhyped players are fearful of. Pep is the only one that springs to mind for me. 
Most of the current crop of England players can turn round to Carsley and say “ And what have your ever achieved on th pitch” 

Great result for England in the long term,surely now the knobs at the FA cant appoint the Irishman fulltime after this result.Show some ambition and go for a proper manager and not just another Southgate clone,we tried that and won nothing.

• Like 5

So who would be suitable for the England job? Pep won't take it.

If Southgate over achieved then he's a bloody good manager; the best since Bobby Robson.

5 minutes ago, bazza said:

So who would be suitable for the England job? Pep won't take it.

If Southgate over achieved then he's a bloody good manager; the best since Bobby Robson.

Pep won't take the job. He's wont have an unlimited budget and/or the referees on the payroll.

Well, he won't have the unlimited budget anyway....

It might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. A meaningless glorified friendly nearly 2 years before a tournament but makes it more difficult to justify employing a naive novice like Carsley. He made a rookie mistake of just trying to cram in talented players leaving us imbalanced, then he went the opposite way and stuck 2 up front which again is not something they are used to.

I do think though looking at the players we have, people have been perhaps blinded by a few select individuals but its not quite the golden generation. @roverandout may disagree but its not close to the 2004-06 level of squad. Yes, we have sne stand out top level players but most want to do the same thing, Bellingham, Palmer and Foden all want to be number 10s and putting them elsewhere really hinders them and the team, and Kane when fit also wants to drop deep. We have the odd player in other positions (Saka, maybe Trent and if played probably maybe Rice) who are also quality. But we have not one single left back who is even reasonably good, keepers dodgy, centre backs average, big issues in midfield where Rice is good but not sitting and nothing else of the required standard, and as mentioned some quality attackers but mainly ones that want to do the same thing.

Bring back club football.

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But we have not one single left back who is even reasonably good, 

Sorry for cherry picking one part of your post, but when fit, we look far better with Luke Shaw in the side, than when he's unavailable. (Granted, the latter is fairly frequent).

I actually watched it last night , the much maligned Harry Kane is on the wane but there is no one anywhere near good enough to replace him .

Another poor performance , most of the players are grossly over rated who play for clubs , who have very talented foreign players .

• Like 2