BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Thomas Tuchel then…

1 hour ago, London blue said:

Why are you against a succession plan being in place? 

Surely someone who won a major tournament in the England youth set up deserves a crack at the senior role? Why does it work that way for players and not managers?

Promoting someone straight from youth team football to arguably the most high profile job in world football with absolute zero first team experience in between sounds about as far away from a plan as you could get in my book.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Promoting someone straight from youth team football to arguably the most high profile job in world football with absolute zero first team experience in between sounds about as far away from a plan as you could get in my book.

Well that depends on whether he has been identified prior to the vacancy as an option (I would anticipate this being the case) or they've thrown him the clipboard and told him to have a crack. 

2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Southgate clone as in an FA yes man was the point made.

How was Southgate an FA yes man?

If anything, he did more to change the approach, mentality, and management of England than any other manager in the modern era. 

• Like 2

I thought Lee Carsley was one of the "rubber dinghy boys" of our first relegation from the Premier League....one of Kiddos men?

And he did not pick Adam Wharton.....so he is not on my Christmas present list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mhead said:

I thought Lee Carsley was one of the "rubber dinghy boys" of our first relegation from the Premier League....one of Kiddos men?

And he did not pick Adam Wharton.....so he is not on my Christmas present list.

Adam Wharton is injured. He has a groin strain but Palace won't rest him enough to let it heal.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't want Tuchel in charge. Think he is too volatile for the England job. 

It's should be English manager appoint for me. 

Also Carsley look like doesn't want the permanent England manager job from his comments post match. 

Don't see Howe leaving Newcastle job right now

Which Englishman are left?

Howe

Carsley 

Potter - maybe?

O'Neil- currently winless and bottom of the league with Wolves.

Lampard - 🤣

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Which Englishman are left?

Howe

Carsley 

Potter - maybe?

O'Neil- currently winless and bottom of the league with Wolves.

Lampard - 🤣

You have answered your own question really. 

Potter or Lampard it is then. 

I still wouldn't be surprise if the FA try to convince Carsley to take the job as it would shown that we are producing and developing our own coaches through the St. Georges set up.   

Tuchel would be a decent appointment - streets ahead of any English candidates, possibly barring Eddie Howe (who is unlikely to leave Newcastle).

Nationality doesn’t matter one iota if he’s the best man for the job and most likely to bring any level of success.

Bit insular to think otherwise.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Andy said:

Tuchel would be a decent appointment - streets ahead of any English candidates, possibly barring Eddie Howe (who is unlikely to leave Newcastle).

Nationality doesn’t matter one iota if he’s the best man for the job and most likely to bring any level of success.

What other major footballing nation go down the foriegn route? Did Spain? Or Brazil? Or France? Or Netherlands? Or Germany? Or Argentina? 

We tried it and we never came close to winning anything. 

35 minutes ago, Andy said:

German or Scottish shouldn't be England manager .It's wrong on so many levels.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have answered your own question really. 

Potter or Lampard it is then. 

I still wouldn't be surprise if the FA try to convince Carsley to take the job as it would shown that we are producing and developing our own coaches through the St. Georges set up.   

Jesus christ is that it? That's the best we've got, Potter, Carsley or Lampard?

You keep repeating that we went foreign and won nothing but do you seriously think any of those 3 will come close winning anything?

Edited by davulsukur

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Jesus christ is that it? That's the best we've got, Potter, Carsley or Lampard?

You keep repeating that we went foreign and won nothing but do you seriously think any of those 3 will come close winning anything?

Until we appoint one of those we will never know. Did we know the Spain manager before Euro 24 but the Spanish FA did and appointed him and back him. 

What other major footballing nation go down the foriegn route? Did Spain or Brazil or France or Netherlands or Germany or Argentina? 

Southgate did an amazing job over the 8 years and achieved so much. What did Capello achieved here? Also going foreign again, what does that say our own English coaches when you don't give them a chance to prove themselves and what's the point in the FA building and investing in St. Georges Park when you go Foriegn again. 

I would give it Potter or Lampard and let them built a team for the world cup in USA and Euros which are held here in UK and Ireland.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Until we appoint one of those we will never know. Did we know the Spain manager before Euro 24 but the Spanish FA did and appointed him and back him. 

What other major footballing nation go down the foriegn route? Did Spain or Brazil or France or Netherlands or Germany or Argentina? 

Southgate did an amazing job over the 8 years and achieved so much. What did Capello achieved here? Also going foreign again, what does that say our own English coaches when you don't give them a chance to prove themselves and what's the point in the FA building and investing in St. Georges Park when you go Foriegn again. 

I would give it Potter or Lampard and let them built a team for the world cup in USA and Euros which are held here in UK and Ireland.

Lampard? You've fucking lost the plot Chaddy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hang on, you're saying we need to develop English managers through the St George's park set up, citing the Spanish national coach's route to the senior team as a reference, and then pick 2 people who haven't managed England at any level whatsoever?

Luis De La Fuente might have been unknown to us but he's been involved in the youth teams of the Spanish national team since 2013. Who's done that for England? Carsely has done it for 4 years and looks to be a complete car crash at senior level.

There hasn't been the same level of long term planning by the FA, so we have no one like that to call upon.

At best, they could give Carsely the job and hope it works out, if that's the route you want to go down.

Lampard and Potter will have to take over the U19's, and move up the ranks over the next 10 years, if we are to emulate Spain.