BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Thomas Tuchel then…

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't have appointed Tuchel. Far too violated and he has track record for falling out with players and club owners/board. 

I dont see this being long term appointment and just be clear again I wouldn't appointed him. I stand by my comments that it should be Englishman. 

Carsley tied himself in knots cos he knew Tuchel deal was close. 

Violated by whom?

Have the police been notified?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't have appointed Tuchel. Far too volatile he has track record for falling out with players and club owners/board. 

I dont see this being long term appointment and just be clear again I wouldn't appointed him. I stand by my comments that it should be Englishman. 

Appreciate you stating twice in two sentences that you wouldn't have appointed him,

Carsley tied himself in knots because he's not well versed in handling the media. Not his fault, and by no means an indication of his ability as a coach, but as the England manager, almost equally as important.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't have appointed Tuchel. Far too volatile he has track record for falling out with players and club owners/board. 

I don't think Tuchel was close at all until the Greece debacle, and Carsley subsequently folding and cowering in front of the press.

You give the job to the best candidate irrespective of nationality IMO - my top choices would have been Klopp or Pep but accepting those were both unlikely for various reasons, Tuchel is about the best available right now.  I think the FA would have waited for Pep had he made encouraging noises to them about taking over next summer, so I can only assume they've sounded him out and he wasn't keen so now Tuchel's the man.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

I don't think Tuchel was close at all until the Greece debacle, and Carsley subsequently folding and cowering in front of the press.

The deal was done beforr the Greece game and confirmed by the FA committee. Tuchel signed his contract 8th October as the FA statement says. 

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2024/Oct/16/thomas-tuchel-appointed-as-england-mens-senior-head-coach-20241610

35 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

You give the job to the best candidate irrespective of nationality IMO - my top choices would have been Klopp or Pep but accepting those were both unlikely for various reasons, Tuchel is about the best available right now.  I think the FA would have waited for Pep had he made encouraging noises to them about taking over next summer, so I can only assume they've sounded him out and he wasn't keen so now Tuchel's the man.

It's the English manager job so it should have been an Englishman. Thats my opinion and stand by that

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Herbie6590 changed the title to England - Thomas Tuchel then…
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The deal was done beforr the Greece game and confirmed by the FA committee. Tuchel signed his contract 8th October as the FA statement says. 

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2024/Oct/16/thomas-tuchel-appointed-as-england-mens-senior-head-coach-20241610

It's the English manager job so it should have been an Englishman. Thats my opinion and stand by that

Fair enough, it wouldn't have surprised me if it was knee-jerk but they seemed to have planned it a while ago after all.

I agree that I would choose an Englishman IF (and it's a big if) they were on an equal footing to a foreign candidate, but it would be foolish to stand by that and appoint a piss-poor candidate (eg Lampard) just because they are English. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

If he wins the WC, I'll scran a plate of Sauerkraut in Lederhosen.

Seriously though, how many drive German motors and sup German bevs?

Him being German honestly doesn't matter. Be mad at the lack of suitable English candidates and the reasons for that.

• Like 6

I actually think Lampard could've been a good option for England - and maybe one day will be. Just a hunch. He did fairly well, I think, in his first Chelsea stint, and brought through a number of their best youngsters when they had transfer difficulties. His CV, admittedly, is not too good since.

I think Tuchel will start well - immediately commanding the respect of the players through his reputation. How it will pan out, however, is anyone's guess. England managers have found it difficult to build a team unity and tactical set-up. 

I would really like the England national manager to have a role in the FA"s youth programme. We need a longer-term vision that sees the youth players as being the seniors of the future. Moreover, if, as I believe other countries do, youth squads rise up the ranks together, they might have the unity and tactical know-how to win tournaments inculcated in them already. So, the national manager doesn't have to start from scratch with his squad.

Edited by riverholmes

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

I actually think Lampard could've been a good option for England - and maybe one day will be. Just a hunch. He did fairly well, I think, in his first Chelsea stint, and brought through a number of their best youngsters when they had transfer difficulties. His CV, admittedly, is not too good since.

I think Tuchel will start well - immediately commanding the respect of the players through his reputation. How it will pan out, however, is anyone's guess. England managers have found it difficult to build a team unity and tactical set-up. 

I would really like the England national manager to have a role in the FA"s youth programme. We need a longer-term vision that sees the youth players as being the seniors of the future. Moreover, if, as I believe other countries do, youth squads rise up the ranks together, they might have the unity and tactical know-how to win tournaments inculcated in them already. So, the national manager doesn't have to start from scratch with his squad.

I'm a strong no on Lampard. 

The FA's youth programme should be the envy of the world with the amount of money they bring in. It's criminal that it isn't. Progress has bene made, but it needs to keep going and start lower down the pyramid. 

• Like 2

Tuchel is a great appointment, far better than any English names linked.

People against a German in charge need to come round to the fact its a job to him. I work for the European arm of a huge Chinese company, I work my bollocks off because its my job. I have no affiliation to China in any way.

How many managers actually support the team they manage? Tuchel will be passionate because that's the type of manager he is. Over his managerial career he's set club records for goals scored, music to my ears when you look at the players at his disposal and the potential to score goals and entertain.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Tuchel is a great appointment, far better than any English names linked.

People against a German in charge need to come round to the fact its a job to him. I work for the European arm of a huge Chinese company, I work my bollocks off because its my job. I have no affiliation to China in any way.

How many managers actually support the team they manage? Tuchel will be passionate because that's the type of manager he is. Over his managerial career he's set club records for goals scored, music to my ears when you look at the players at his disposal and the potential to score goals and entertain.

He also has a short term contract, so he is playing for the next one.

i have absolutely no interest in the tedious state of international football and the pointless nations league,it interferes with club football,is boring and has no relevance to anybody bar paying the bills at wembley

i could`nt care less who england appoint,they could give kim jon un the job and i would`nt be arsed🙂

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i have absolutely no interest in the tedious state of international football and the pointless nations league,it interferes with club football,is boring and has no relevance to anybody bar paying the bills at wembley

i could`nt care less who england appoint,they could give kim jon un the job and i would`nt be arsed🙂

Well you are in a minority 

On 15/10/2024 at 14:42, bazza said:

What's the problem with a German? Is it because we've generally found it difficult to beat them in football? Is it something to do with two world wars? If the latter we've had more war trouble with France and Spain over the centuries. Perhaps we should have gone for a Portuguese who have been our friends for about 600 years.

The Germans dropped bombs on us… within living memory. Most folk have relatives living or deceased who fought against them in 2 world wars. The animosity has been passed down subsequent generations. This shouldn’t need explaining