BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Well you've taken a throw away joke comment very seriously here.

It's hard to take you even remotely seriously TBH.

Southgate is a shit manager and England can and should do better.

Just a spam bot.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Just a spam bot.

Hahaha

You've just gone and disliked a shit load of my previous posts on numerous threads. What are you twelve or something?

All because I said Southgate is not a good enough manager for the England national team. Are you his secret love child?

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Butty said:

Big shout but for me we win Euro 2004 if Rooney doesn’t get injured. He was unplayable in that tournament. 

Agreed - and we also probably win if Urs Meier allows Campbell's perfectly good goal in extra time. That leaves us with a semi-final against the Netherlands (tough on paper, but not a game where we go in as underdogs) then Greece in the final. 

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s a really decent, well spoken bloke. Perfect son-in-law material. Is he a winner as a football manager - no. In my opinion of course.

WINNER ? whats he WON as a football manager ? 

son in law? if my daughter brought him( loose term for him ) home i would laugh at the wokeness this bore oozes . Hes the type who defo is vanilla and will set a time table to have it off with ya daughter.

Gimme a geezer son in law who likes a laugh and a beer or two who grafts for the family and dont bottle the family (grealish) at first opportunity.

Edited by ABBEY
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, ABBEY said:

He ain't good enough for us either. 

How many garethettes on here would want him here .

At Rovers? I'd take him in a heartbeat - take a look at our appointments since Allardyce and wobble your head.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Hahaha

You've just gone and disliked a shit load of my previous posts on numerous threads. What are you twelve or something?

All because I said Southgate is not a good enough manager for the England national team. Are you his secret love child?

No, you just post a lot, so you appear on every thread. I didn't exactly have to seek you out, just didn't agree with a bunch of things that you said. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

No, you just post a lot, so you appear on every thread. I didn't exactly have to seek you out, just didn't agree with a bunch of things that you said. 

So you don't agree that Rovers are the greatest club in the world?

You can always just scroll down the page you know.

On 15/05/2024 at 20:48, roverandout said:

Now the season is over and almost over everywhere else, the euros Is approaching.  What's everyone think overall.  For me the three teams I fancy are England France or Germany.  I'd take Adam Wharton ahead of Henderson.  I think him rice and Bellingham would be the perfect midfield balance 

That's what England was missing against Iceland, a player like Wharton who's capable of opening up defences with his excellent passing. I agree, Wharton, Bellingham, and rice would be a solid midfield and foden.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

So you don't agree that Rovers are the greatest club in the world?

You can always just scroll down the page you know.

You post a lot, sometimes I can't scroll that far.

And no, I don't really think about something that I love being the greatest - or not greatest - in the world. If I'm being honest, that feels like quite a childish way of framing something. I appreciate that my passion for the club is subjective and it is impossible to apply objective standards to it. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

You post a lot, sometimes I can't scroll that far.

And no, I don't really think about something that I love being the greatest - or not greatest - in the world. If I'm being honest, that feels like quite a childish way of framing something. I appreciate that my passion for the club is subjective and it is impossible to apply objective standards to it. 

Jesus Christ you're like a dog with a bone.

That particular post in question was made days before you went out of your way to dislike it so you could have easily moved on.

Either move on to the next post or try getting a sense of humour perhaps.

All because I said Gareth Southgate is a shit manager. Talk about childish.

• Downvote 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Jesus Christ you're like a dog with a bone.

That particular post in question was made days before you went out of your way to dislike it so you could have easily moved on.

Either move on to the next post or try getting a sense of humour perhaps.

All because I said Gareth Southgate is a shit manager. Talk about childish.

How's he shit? He has his shortcomings but he's our second most successful manager 

Edited by roverandout

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

How's he shit? He has his shortcomings but he's our second most successful manager 

hows he successful? 

HES WON EXACTLY NOTHING AS ENGLAND MANAGER IN 8 YEARS.

59 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

hows he successful? 

HES WON EXACTLY NOTHING AS ENGLAND MANAGER IN 8 YEARS.

Mark Hughes won nothing as our manager, but i'd consider his tenure a success, wouldn't you?

• Like 1

Reading this thread over the last 48 hours, I think we really could do with the first game starting and this tournament getting underway.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Its so difficult to compare international managers because the format is so different whereas at club level youve all played the same teams home and away.

A big factor is the luck of the draw you get and England's knockout games in the last 3 tournaments have been very fortunate. Had Sven for example who we all agree underachieved got a Ukraine in a quarter with a potential semi final against Denmark or a last 16 game v Colombia followed by a quarter final v Sweden, as oppposed to Brazil and then Portugal twice, he would likely have also got through.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its so difficult to compare international managers because the format is so different whereas at club level youve all played the same teams home and away.

A big factor is the luck of the draw you get and England's knockout games in the last 3 tournaments have been very fortunate. Had Sven for example who we all agree underachieved got a Ukraine in a quarter with a potential semi final against Denmark or a last 16 game v Colombia followed by a quarter final v Sweden, as oppposed to Brazil and then Portugal twice, he would likely have also got through.

Yes. Maybe saying he's shit is a bit much. He's certainly no St Vincent.

But as you say the fixtures that England have had in the knockout stages have been very generous and if they hadn't have won all of those games the question of "is Southgate a shit manager?" Would be met with a resounding yes.

As soon as they have come up against any real opposition they have crumbled.

For me Southgate embodies a lot of what is wrong with the English game. This mentality of trying not to lose rather than going out to win is the absolute bane of English football. It's the main reason I don't like Eustace here.

England have got a great squad and they will fall short because the man in the dugout is not a winner he is bang average at best. Mediocre as a player and mediocre as a manager. If he was announced as the next Rovers manager I wouldn't be too happy about it.

Just to add:

He's got Wharton, Bellingham and Kane. That's enough to win against anyone.

Edited by Upside Down