BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

44 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Surely Bellingham in the middle with Rice.

That frees up the no.10 position for Foden and in turn makes space on the left for the Newcastle winger whose name escapes me.

If Bellingham cannot pull strings from. Midfield maybe he is not the world beating superstar that he is being portayed as 

The only issue might be that the last easy game to trial this might be behind you now.

I think Bellingham will keep trying to get into the 10 position wherever he is deployed in the formation. If he can play the deeper role then great... But everything about him suggests he'll bomb on 

5 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Thats only because he always gets picked and rarely misses a game and the entire team has been built around him for nearly 10 years! so just by law of averages he's going to score occasionally 

You do the same with any other half decent prem centre forward and you'd get pretty much the same results 

Score occasionally. He does a bit more than that he is England's all time record goal scorer. He's got nearly double the number of England goals as the rest of the squad combined.

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Score occasionally. He does a bit more than that he is England's all time record goal scorer. He's got nearly double the number of England goals as the rest of the squad combined.

Why do goals scored in friendlies count at international level but not club level!? 

They're still just practice games

• Like 4

• Backroom

I don't think better teams facing us are going to be naive enough to play gung ho attacking football, leaving plenty of space for Saka, Bellingham, Foden etc to exploit. 

They'll have been watching our matches and know that it'll simply be a case of allowing us to piss around with the ball for a while before one of our players inevitably misplaces a pass, at which point we can be picked off without too much trouble on the break. Better teams will totally tear us apart on the counter unless we step up our performances massively. 

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought Foden had his best game tonight. 

The clamour for Palmer and Gordon (seems the media don't much like Bowen) misses a key point that the control and supply from midfield has been non-existent. Foden has played wing for City and I think he'd do well for England, if he received decent passes. I do think he's best centrally but I think it's a mistake to think that new forward players will change things if the centre isn't sorted out. And that includes Kane, who is often in central midfield looking to hit a cross-field pass.

LB is also a big decision because the moment a player runs at Tripper, England's defence will be exposed.

Edited by riverholmes

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

I don't think better teams facing us are going to be naive enough to play gung ho attacking football, leaving plenty of space for Saka, Bellingham, Foden etc to exploit. 

They'll have been watching our matches and know that it'll simply be a case of allowing us to piss around with the ball for a while before one of our players inevitably misplaces a pass, at which point we can be picked off without too much trouble on the break. Better teams will totally tear us apart on the counter unless we step up our performances massively. 

They won't be going all out attack, but they'll have enough confidence in their own ability to get more on the front foot and higher up the pitch, which in itself should create more space.

As bad as yesterday was, we had almost all the ball and were camped in their half for long spells. The better teams won't let us do that, but they'll have to sacrifice some defensive solidity to stop us. 

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think Bellingham will keep trying to get into the 10 position wherever he is deployed in the formation. If he can play the deeper role then great... But everything about him suggests he'll bomb on 

Personally, I don’t think Jude and Phil can continue to play as we are. They keep going for the same spot on the pitch and they keep occupying the same space. 

Drop Bellingham into a deeper role. See how that works.

18 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Why do goals scored in friendlies count at international level but not club level!? 

They're still just practice games

He also has the most goals in competitive matches and the most goals in major tournaments for England.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

Personally, I don’t think Jude and Phil can continue to play as we are. They keep going for the same spot on the pitch and they keep occupying the same space. 

Drop Bellingham into a deeper role. See how that works.

thats up to the manager,he`s payed a lot of money but can`t seem to make decisions like that

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats up to the manager,he`s payed a lot of money but can`t seem to make decisions like that

As a manager, he is very limited and has been extremely lucky to be our National manager for so long.

He should have left after the last Euro Final. Italy didn’t win the final, Southgate’s tactics (or lack of…) did.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

As a manager, he is very limited and has been extremely lucky to be our National manager for so long.

He should have left after the last Euro Final. Italy didn’t win the final, Southgate’s tactics (or lack of…) did.

He hasn't been lucky, he's been the best since Alf Ramsay. 

• Backroom
Posted (edited)

Shame for Ukraine, undone by a poor first game in the end. Played better and were more up for it than Belgium, but just didn't quite have the quality to get over the line in the end. No shame in going out like that, they gave it a right good go, as our Gary used to say.   

Would happily face Belgium, as they look rancid, but think they're on the other side of the draw now? 

Edited by DE.

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would play this team on Sunday

Pickford

Walker Stones Guehi Tripper

Rice

Palmer Bellingham Foden Gordon

Kane

On today performance, far too slow with the ball, needed pace wide. Palmer and Gordon should have been on much earlier. Created very little

Is'nt that the team that played shite against Slovenia.

26 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Is'nt that the team that played shite against Slovenia.

Palmer and Gordon were subs, They made an impact when on. Playing Bellingham and Foden in the 8 and 10 role would improve us for me. Kane needs runners around us which he would have with this line up. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Palmer and Gordon were subs, They made an impact when on. Playing Bellingham and Foden in the 8 and 10 role would improve us for me. Kane needs runners around us which he would have with this line up. 

gareth has`nt got the minerals to drop kane,who is clearly not fit,he could play eze or watkins instead,both willing runners

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sums up England really when you are having to big up a player who played for 5 minutes and probably only touched the ball 4 or 5 times at most. Having seen Bellingham's passing last night I would not be playing him as a number 8, he is better of playing nearer to goal not further away. Ancelotti said something similar when asked about Bellingham being the heir to Kroos at Real Madrid.

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gareth has`nt got the minerals to drop kane,who is clearly not fit,he could play eze or watkins instead,both willing runners

No way would I drop Kane, simple as. Just like Sir Terry Venables wouldn't drop Alan Shearer before the Euro 96

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Sums up England really when you are having to big up a player who played for 5 minutes and probably only touched the ball 4 or 5 times at most. Having seen Bellingham's passing last night I would not be playing him as a number 8, he is better of playing nearer to goal not further away. Ancelotti said something similar when asked about Bellingham being the heir to Kroos at Real Madrid.

Good for you. 

I have said what I would have done with this tournament and that would have been Bellingham as 8 and Foden as 10

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:
37 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

No way would I drop Kane, simple as. Just like Sir Terry Venables wouldn't drop Alan Shearer before the Euro 96

he`s not fit,the last three matches have made it obvious,he can barely run

This ref has lost this Czech-Turkiye game completely. Set a precedent of booking every time someone goes down and is now paying the price as everyone starts playacting.

• Like 2

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

This ref has lost this Czech-Turkiye game completely. Set a precedent of booking every time someone goes down and is now paying the price as everyone starts playacting.

In contrast the ref on the other side is excellent. 

Ignoring and booking Portugal players for embarrassing dives.

Booking Ronaldo for talking back, even though he's captain. 

He's taking no crap, and it's refreshing to see.

• Like 3

Well done Georgia.

They have a very good keeper but could easily have scored 4 themselves.

Skilful and tremendous effort throughout. They didn't just sit on a goal up like some would!

Talking of which it's England v Slovakia in the Round of 16.

• Like 3