BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

Just read that Clive Tyldesley has been axed by ITV and his last game on commentary will be the last 16 game between Germany & Denmark.

At a time where there are more and more (poor, imo) female commentators creeping in to the men's game, I find this a bit baffling. I actually didn't mind listening to Clive and actually really enjoyed his rapport with McCoist.

Find this a bit sad if I'm honest.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Just read that Clive Tyldesley has been axed by ITV and his last game on commentary will be the last 16 game between Germany & Denmark.

At a time where there are more and more (poor, imo) female commentators creeping in to the men's game, I find this a bit baffling. I actually didn't mind listening to Clive and actually really enjoyed his rapport with McCoist.

glad tbh,massively biased to man utd and talked to much rather than commentated on the action,he was the tv version of alan green

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

glad tbh,massively biased to man utd and talked to much rather than commentated on the action,he was the tv version of alan green

Has he reminded us of that night in Barcelona during Euro24 yet? 

6 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I totally agree. Tyldesley is a very good commentator and I hope Sky Sports sign him up for this season PL or EFL season

• Like 2

7 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

The women pundits and presenters are turning up everywhere. I know it is 2024 but they are getting the gigs for PC reasons rather than credentials / insightful knowledge and it is bloody annoying.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

The women pundits and presenters are turning up everywhere. I know it is 2024 but they are getting the gigs for PC reasons rather than credentials / insightful knowledge and it is bloody annoying.

I thought Clive tydsley was one of the better comentators.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I always turn the sound off irrespective of who is commentating. I can’t be doing with any of them telling me what is obvious. None of them are particularly insightful.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I always turn the sound off irrespective of who is commentating. I can’t be doing with any of them telling me what is obvious. None of them are particularly insightful.

It's when they say something which is the opposite of what I've just seen or just a biased fib that they lose me.

I only turn the sound off or more usually search another source when Murphy is on. It's just background noise anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's when they say something which is the opposite of what I've just seen or just a biased fib that they lose me.

I only turn the sound off or more usually search another source when Murphy is on. It's just background noise anyway.

Yep! Danny Murphy is bloody awful! Pair that with a female commentator & I'm done!

I'm not sexist at all, but there's something not right about a female commentator on the men's game. 

I expect a ban here btw & if so then it is what it is.

• Like 3

Look forward to England game tomorrow. 

My team would be for tomorrow game

Pickford 

Walker Stones Guehi Shaw 

Bellingham Rice

Palmer   Foden   Gordon

Kane

Around 30,000 England fans are starting to arrive in Dusseldorf for the clash with Slovakia on Sunday. Nobody seems to be writing about the impeccable behaviour of the travelling hordes, even the gutter press have packed up the SLR Cameras and returned home to chase ambulances.

We have the best fans in the world, its time for this England side to step up and make this nation proud.

Come on England.

st-georges-day-1200x834.thumb.jpg.77f5d157868529fa2c07e97963945866.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Around 30,000 England fans are starting to arrive in Dusseldorf for the clash with Slovakia on Sunday. Nobody seems to be writing about the impeccable behaviour of the travelling hordes, even the gutter press have packed up the SLR Cameras and returned home to chase ambulances.

We have the best fans in the world, its time for this England side to step up and make this nation proud.

Come on England.

st-georges-day-1200x834.thumb.jpg.77f5d157868529fa2c07e97963945866.jpg

But no no the jocks are the best fans ever because they wear skirts and drink lots of alcohol 

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

But no no the jocks are the best fans ever because they wear skirts and drink lots of alcohol 

They only wear skirts because they're not at the tournament long enough to warrant a change of underwear 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, B16Rover said:

They only wear skirts because they're not at the tournament long enough to warrant a change of underwear 

Going on that theme.  What do Scotland and a teabag have in common? Neither are in the cup that long

• Backroom
14 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Yep! Danny Murphy is bloody awful! Pair that with a female commentator & I'm done!

I'm not sexist at all, but there's something not right about a female commentator on the men's game. 

I expect a ban here btw & if so then it is what it is.

Why?

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

My problem with women is the same as say a league 2 player commentating. They’ve not played the game at a comparable level and thus their experience doesn’t transfer 

Don Goodman is one of the best commentators in the game.

• Like 1

On England I'm finding it extremely distasteful that Southgate has created the narrative that it's the fans fault the players aren't performing because they are putting them under too much pressure and making them perform in a "strange" environment.

Nice guy my arse. 

• Like 1