BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

The pub just gave us a free shot for making extra time....!

Thought we defended poorly but were okay (by our own poor standard) going forward without finishing anything in the first 60 mins but last 30 mins of the game we have been atrocious... Really very lucky to still be in it.

Great man management from the landlord.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead

Foden is well harshly viewed compared to other players who’ve been bad and even worse tbh.
Not played that well today, but last two games he was way clear of Kane and Bellingham who seemed to escape criticism.

It’s a funny old game alright.

• Downvote 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

Foden is well harshly viewed compared to other players who’ve been bad and even worse tbh. Not played that well today, but last two games he was way clear of Kane and Bellingham who seemed to escape criticism. It’s a funny old game alright.

Because they have delivered when its has mattered most. The only time Foden has delivered in an England squad was in an Icelandic hotel room.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

Foden is well harshly viewed compared to other players who’ve been bad and even worse tbh. Not played that well today, but last two games he was way clear of Kane and Bellingham who seemed to escape criticism. It’s a funny old game alright.

Not sure I can agree with that. He's created nothing, his set pieces have been abysmal and his inclusion on the left forces that side to be far too narrow.  

I think he was as bad as the other two in the last two games because they've all been bad.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Not sure I can agree with that. He's created nothing, his set pieces have been abysmal and his inclusion on the left forces that side to be far too narrow.  

I think he was as bad as the other two in the last two games because they've all been bad.

He actually had shots in the last few games though. People seem to always have a scapegoat with England, whether he’s Foden, Sterling, or many others in years gone by.
So many are poor, but a select few cop all the flak.
Very convenient for the rest of those that were shite.

• Like 2

Kane, foden and Bellingham have all had bad games and bad tournaments. Bellingham and Kane have at least had moments, the goals today for eg, I honestly can’t recall a single good game foden has had for England. There obviously will be one but there won’t be 5 in nearly 40 caps. Should not be playing. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Because they have delivered when its has mattered most. The only time Foden has delivered in an England squad was in an Icelandic hotel room.

You keep saying this, but I don’t think it makes it any more accurate.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

The players are there to win a tournament. The manager is atrocious, genuinely in with a shout if they’d just sack him mid tournament 

I dont buy it personally, all our good players are central attacking mids really including Kane. Same as the "golden generation", just not a balanced outfit.

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

Bellingham and Kane been terrible all tournament but have all our goals. 

Bellingham ballon do’r contender? I wouldn’t give him a balloon from my great granddaughter’s birthday party. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

He had shots. Talk about clutching at straws.

It’s okay to admit you’re singling him out, don’t worry about it, It happens.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

These substitutions. How is Gallagher getting a game. It’s incomprehensible. Konsa played all season at right back. Get him on the left. Halfwith Southgate. 

We're one up - Got to slam that handbrake on

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Honestly, feel a bit bad for Slovakia.

We don't deserve to be 2-1 up, absolute horse crap.

I wouldn't say Slovakia deserve to be winning either though? As frustrating as we were they offered very little second half. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

You keep saying this, but I don’t think it makes it any more accurate.

What has he ever done of note in nearly 40 appearances in an England shirt? Although if you threshold is having shots then perhaps you aren't the right person to answer that question.

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

It’s okay to admit you’re singling him out, don’t worry about it, It happens.

I am singling him out because he has played nearly 40 times now for England and done nothing of note. I've read people of here saying about dropping Kane or Bellingham but they have shown why you don't drop them as they stand up and produce when needed Foden shrinks when wearing an England shirt. 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

What has he ever done of note in nearly 40 appearances in an England shirt? Although if you threshold is having shots then perhaps you aren't the right person to answer that question.

I am singling him out because he has played nearly 40 times now for England and done nothing of note. I've read people of here saying about dropping Kane or Bellingham but they have shown why you don't drop them as they stand up and produce when needed Foden shrinks when wearing an England shirt. 

Given some of the comments you’ve come out with on a number of subjects in the past, you’re right, we probably shouldn’t engage with each other.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Given some of the rubbish you’ve come out with on a number of subjects in the past, you’re right, we probably shouldn’t engage with each other.

I'll take that as you can't think of anything of note. I know you like an echo chamber.

Edited by Ewood Ace