BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Great save but not quite as good as the Banks save.

Yes, great save by the Turkish keeper but Banks save was much lower and he still got a strong hand to it to deflect up and away.

The whole incident was perfection, pass, cross, header and save all perfect and watched on a colour TV which my Dad had got especially for the WC.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, RTM08 said:

The Dutch another team not willing to setlle for 1 goal. I honestly think every game I've watched this tournament has been enjoyable except the England ones.

France have been super dull.... All the neutrals won't be backing England or France.

15 hours ago, Upside Down said:

That save from the Turkiye keeper at the end was unbelievable. Worthy of winning the game.

Are commentators on BBC and ITV pronouncing the team Turkey or Turkiye? 

My US coverage, with English commentators, has been saying Turkiye (Turk-i-ye). 

I've always said Turkey, like the bird.

19 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’re quite right, that’s what I meant by second. I should have said nearly as good as Banks. 

• Like 1

Big game up against the Swiss luckily while The team is playing very well Murat Yakin is an awful manager who isn’t particularly well liked in the squad.

we need to change drastically I would go and change a formation 

pickford   

walker stones konsa 

TAA    Mainoo  Bellingham  Rice          Saka

Foden

Kane 

• Like 3

On changing the system to 343 everyone saying Southgate wont do it but isnt that exactly what we did in the last Euros? Played 4 at the back in the Groups then switched to 343 for the knockouts starting with Germany?

So Southgate has form on it. And with Switzerland being so accomplished with 343 and how we struggled against Denmarks 343 in the group a couple of weeks ago it seems likely to me.

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

On changing the system to 343 everyone saying Southgate wont do it but isnt that exactly what we did in the last Euros? Played 4 at the back in the Groups then switched to 343 for the knockouts starting with Germany?

So Southgate has form on it. And with Switzerland being so accomplished with 343 and how we struggled against Denmarks 343 in the group a couple of weeks ago it seems likely to me.

I think calling it 3-4-3 is being kind to Southgate. It was more 5-4-1 or 5-2-2-1 if we're putting a positive spin on it, there were 7 defensive players and 3 forwards.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2024 at 16:43, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not even close, this came uo for him Banks had to get all the way down iirc and nostalgia has not distorted reality

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I think calling it 3-4-3 is being kind to Southgate. It was more 5-4-1 or 5-2-2-1 if we're putting a positive spin on it, there were 7 defensive players and 3 forwards.

Yeah - fair point... here was the team against Germany in 2021 if anyones interested : 

image.thumb.png.185421a6ec850c1e4eda5b543b809d54.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Not even close, this came uo for him Banks had to get all the way down iirc and nostalgia has not distorted reality

I agree. I watched it live and when Pele headed the ball I immediately thought “ That’s a goal “ . How Banks got down to the ball is amazing but how he managed to flick it up and away from the goal  ?  I still don’t know how he did it !

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree. I watched it live and when Pele headed the ball I immediately thought “ That’s a goal “ . How Banks got down to the ball is amazing but how he managed to flick it up and away from the goal  ?  I still don’t know how he did it !

It's worth a rerun

Banks talking about the save and better video of it at

https://youtu.be/9IXEc6BAHpY?si=EpCm1t-hcId__RVK

Edited by AllRoverAsia

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's worth a rerun

Banks talking about the save and better video of it at

https://youtu.be/9IXEc6BAHpY?si=EpCm1t-hcId__RVK

Okay, thanks for that.  It did biunce up some and Pele was a lot further away.  So both saves are closer to each other than I thought.  What ever it was an excellent save.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How was that Spanish handball any different to some of the ones that have resulted in penalties being given/goals disallowed?

I don’t think it should have been given but the inconsistency is baffling. 

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

How was that Spanish handball any different to some of the ones that have resulted in penalties being given/goals disallowed?

Something something silhouette. I don't really get it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It was judged by an English referee…

• Like 1