BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

Questioned the Watkins sub but I will eat my words and some. When he's made them, Southgates subs have worked. 

Two finals for the man who many have dubbed a shit manager. 

Get the fuck in!!! 

• Like 4

Apparently we're the first team in Euros history to reach the final despite being behind in both the QF and SF on the way (I guess you can add RO16 to that too). 

Can't argue with that I suppose - it's frustrating at time but we're getting there.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

It would take some balls but there is an argument to drop Kane, start Watkins and bring Kane on later in the game....

Won't happen, but then, would you change a winning formula at this point? We've got to the final with Kane starting, regardless of perception of his performances. Probably have to keep rolling with it at this point. 

• Like 2

Kane was non existent the whole game(and most of the tournament) apart from the penalty, but you know he'll still start in the final 

Full respect to southgate though for finally making the changes but bloody hell he makes it harder than it needs to be sometimes

Actually buzzing though!! And for the first time under Southgate i feel we have a genuinely good chance of winning the tournament if everyone plays to their best against spain. 

Still think Bellingham and Foden have a lot more to offer and if they can find that extra something on sunday we could be unstoppable 

• Like 2

Best team in the first half, back to walking football in the second half. We looked like conceding when they broke on us. Great strikers goal from Watkins.

I thought Kane hardly touched the ball, he can’t be fit. Rice has struggled all through this comp for me. Mainoo vanished in the second half. The lads at the back did ok. Shaw has to start on Sunday.

We’ll need a goal start on Sunday.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, Adam C said:

Don’t worry, it won’t last. He loses again and everyone hates him again. 

Everybody who hates him will have to get used to him,he won't be going anywhere after getting to another final.

• Like 1

Southgate  changed it too late again for me.  The right subs but England looked dead on their feet and they should have been on 20 minutes earlier. Brilliant strike from Watkins. I’d start him in the final

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Spain are beatable if we go out and play like we did in the first half tonight.Trying to keep it tight will just be delaying the inevitable against them,go out and put the Spanish on the back foot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Just has that feeling where it might be our tournament. Everything seems to be going our way, no matter how grim the situation appears. 

It's coming home 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Everybody who hates him will have to get used to him,he won't be going anywhere after getting to another final.

i don`t hate him,i just did`nt like him as a player and i don`t like him as a manager,then again i don`t have any regard for the england side,i enjoy the games and the drama but i don`t care about them,that ship sailed long ago when players stopped being working class lads who made good and became just a bunch of w*****s

Edited by simongarnerisgod
spelling

Not a big Rice fan either, full of energy but it always takes him at least 3 seconds to pick a pass once he recieves the ball, by which time the oppo have had time to get into position, going forward id love to see Wharton take his place as he instinctively has the vision to know what he's going to do before he even receives the ball

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I'm a big Southgate fan but even I think that 4 tournaments is enough. Two stabs at a final might be enough and time to see what someone else can do.