BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s got some big decisions to make before Sunday.

I don’t think he’ll change anything. Shaw for Trippier maybe. 

• Like 3

The squad is so talented but plays in fits and starts, with slow backwards passing and reactive play.

The possession is negative and aimless. You saw England go back to it in the second half. I believe Shaw was told to restrict his game due to fitness and they switched to a 4-4-2, of sorts and the old problems of not being able pierce the midfield arose again. 

Some will celebrate wins regardless and I understand that. But when a superior side scrapes wins with negative play, I can’t really commend it much.

If England played progressively and with intent, they would be winning by clear goals, I feel.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

😂 😂 😂 😂 Not until he's actually one something it isn't! And even then it's not really comparable

It is in comparison to the efforts of every England manager for 6 decades, it's more than comparable. 

Whether we win on Sunday or not, the next bloke has got a mountain to climb to even get close, and that's assuming he doesn't stay on for the world Cup. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

It is in comparison to the efforts of every England manager for 6 decades, it's more than comparable. 

Whether we win on Sunday or not, the next bloke has got a mountain to climb to even get close, and that's assuming he doesn't stay on for the world Cup. 

Southgate has been a revelation as England manager. His record speaks for itself. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

When have the Dutch won anything in recent memory? 1988? Hardly recent.

They’ve been in 3 World Cup finals. Their international record is far superior to ours

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Rice for England is Ike Maguire, strolls about like he's the best player on the pitch.

He is a key cog in the team. Without him foden and Bellingham wouldn't get a free reign 

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

He is a key cog in the team. Without him foden and Bellingham wouldn't get a free reign 

On the ball, not great. But some people seem to have something against players who do the dirty work and tidy up / protect the defence. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Southgate has been a revelation as England manager. His record speaks for itself. 

It certainly does,revelation is the word. Good luck to the next bloke, he'll need it. 

I'm actually warming to the idea of one last crack at the World Cup 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Oh ged a bloody grip man

Two Euro finals and one World Cup semi in 6 years, first final on foreign soil? That's after not reaching a final since 66? 

Give your head a wobble. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Two Euro finals and one World Cup semi in 6 years, first final on foreign soil? That's after not reaching a final since 66? 

Give your head a wobble. 

Phenomenal record. 

• Like 2

Genuinely can't believe we've made it to the final. Stunning.

Southgate won't change, Shaw in at left back from the off I reckon but that's all.

Gotta be so much better for the whole 90mins for  Spain though.

(Also, my street organised a street party/bbq for Saturday, surely this needs to change to Sunday now, right?)

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

Give your head a wobble. 

Some people just want to be miserable. 

• Like 2