BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems a bit rich considering the amount of times youve written Southgate off, blamed him for wasting our players and suggested that he is the reason we will underachieve.

You as much as anyone understandably arent happy with Rovers but if someone was to say if you dont want to be happy and support them jog on, you would rightly tell them where to go.

It's a bit different.  England only comes along once in a while. People should just enjoy it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roverandout said:

Insane the amount of miserable sods on here. Jim was bad enough at the last euros semi final.  We're in a second successive final and people are bitching on Southgate.  Saying it wasn't a penalty which it was. If u don't want to be happy and support England.  Jog on 

Miserable? Im ecstatic we won, enjoyed the last two performances and really looking forward to Sunday.

But, like with Martin Olsson at Burnley, I can admit it wasn't a penalty. 

Do I care that we were helped getting through because of a dodgy penalty? Not one bit.

I've never had as many downvotes on a post though 🤣

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But you slag off Southgate as much as anyone.

Tbf I did say before the Dutch game whatever happens in the semi final he has my respect.  I've only slagged off his in game management.  He seems to be improving on that.  I've always commended him on every other aspect 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Miserable? Im ecstatic we won, enjoyed the last two performances and really looking forward to Sunday.

Do I care that we were helped getting through because of a dodgy penalty? Not one bit.

I'm only talking about certain people.  I was probably out of order. Yes the penalty was debatable but I still think it was the right decision.  Like others have say any other area of the pitch that's a free kick

49 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’m afraid dodgy decisions are still part of football. I’ve learnt to take the rough with the smooth over the years. On another day the Saka “goal “ could have stood. I thought it was a pretty marginal off side decision.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tbf I did say before the Dutch game whatever happens in the semi final he has my respect.  I've only slagged off his in game management.  He seems to be improving on that.  I've always commended him on every other aspect 

You have implied numerous times that he is wasting this set of players though and have definitely not come across as someone who is merely just enjoying England, you get as stressed as anyone.

11 hours ago, 47er said:

I'm happy, I support England, I'm not bitching about Southgate but I don't agree with the penalty decision.

@47er Would you be trying to keep Southgate until the next World Cup 2026?

I'd be signing him up now.

• Like 3

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Gav said:

The FA are trying to! I do wish he’d not keep us nervous in the group stages though. And get Wharton playing

• Like 1

If England win on Sunday he might consider staying on. If England lose he’ll probably depart - which I think he wants to do anyway.  I get the impression he’s had enough. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hasta said:

It’s clearly not a foul either way. Kane kicks the ball and follows through and then goes into the defender.

But it’s Kane who goes into the defender and not the other way round. There more of an argument (wrongly) for a foul on the defender than on Kane.

If the exact same happens down the touchline (where it happens a lot, usually when a fullback is trying to clear, and the oppo trying to block) it's a freekick every time, and often a yellow.  It's 100% a penalty.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

I'd give him another tournament 

I'd thank him for what he's done, but we need a change - even if we win it.  I'd be on the phone to Klopp with a big contract on Monday morning :)

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Get Chaddy on suicide watch ASAP.

He's already on it after last Thursday

A German in charge of the England team would be wonderful and send a good message to our European friends. But how would the the befuddled minds of some England fans cope? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He's already on it after last Thursday

A German in charge of the England team would be wonderful and send a good message to our European friends. But how would the the befuddled minds of some England fans cope? 

If Klopp was to be given the England managership, I wonder if Chaddy would be buying some Lederhosen ? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

I'd thank him for what he's done, but we need a change - even if we win it.  I'd be on the phone to Klopp with a big contract on Monday morning 🙂

Southgates record with England, courtesy of @M_B

• World Cup quarter final
  • World Cup semi final
  • Two Euro finals, one to be decided 
  • First final EVER on foreign soil 

Why do you think we need a change?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Klopp was to be given the England managership, I wonder if Chaddy would be buying some Lederhosen ? 

He would probably just decide Klopp was English. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav said:

If Klopp were available I'd go for him but I wouldn't complain if Southgate carried on.

• Like 3

Southgate has got better as the tournament has gone on - slowly.

The Trent experiment in the first game clearly didn't seem to work, but even after he put Mainoo in the slow, ponderous build-up and lack of any incision was awful. It clearly needed changing and yet we still approached the first knockout game against Slovakia the same way, and it took a Big Sam-style long throw and a piece of brilliance to save us. 

If we hadn't switched to 3 at the back I doubt we would have gone through the next two games. But fortunately he did, and credit for actually doing it. His substitutions have also worked out, from Toney in the first two knockout games to Watkins spectacularly last time.

I said  before the tournament he wins the games we expect to win (when many England managers haven't to be fair), but every time I've got to a game I think is 50/50 or worse he's lost. Regardless of whether its due to luck or not, on Sunday we have the first game I expect us to struggle in. If he wants to leap out of the Sven / Venables bracket, this again is the chance. 

Even if we lose though, he's still done well in another tournament. People calling him poor are forgetting 2008 to 2016

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Klopp would be a downgrade from Sir Gareth. We couldn’t make a wurst appointment. 

Good to see you're still coming out with the comedy belters.

As for saying Southgate should stay on that is ridiculously premature in advance of tomorrow night's game. He's won nothing at senior level ever and so far has blown great chances against Croatia in the World Cup and Italy in the last Euros.

If we win Sunday night congratulations to him, he'll have proved me wrong that we'd never win anything with him in charge and I guess the FA would give him the option to stay on for the World Cup but for me he should be replaced either way, things have gone very stale this tournament albeit We've lucked our way to this stage.

If we lose again then there should be no question whatsoever he should be replaced - that will be three tournaments wasted with a very good squad who were capable of winning them had the right man been at the helm.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Sven did less with more. 

I'm on to a loser with this, but Sven's record was unbelievably unfortunate. Out on pens vs Portugal after having a perfectly good winner disallowed. Another exit on pens vs Portugal after outplaying them with 10 men. A narrow loss to the last great Brazil team after a freak goal. Also hugely unfortunate with the timings of injuries to key players in Owen, Rooney, Beckham. 

Give him our recent squads and our routes to the latter stages, I'd wager on him doing at least as well.