BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Even though people are absolutely doubting it.

It's just my opinion, some will agree, others won't. I can't answer for other people, can you?

I was just using the hard evidence to form that opinion. 

Edited by M_B

15 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's just my opinion, some will agree, others won't. I can't answer for other people, can you?

Well, I've literally seen people doubting it in this thread. So, yeh, in this case I can.

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Well, I've literally seen people doubting it in this thread. So, yeh, in this case I can.

Anyone can doubt whatever they want, that's up to them,it is a discussion forum. 

To me, if we win tonight then the evidence is there to see,i don't really see what grounds anyone could doubt it, enlighten me. 

• Like 1

On 13/07/2024 at 16:15, M_B said:

England are one win away from Southgate being, without a doubt, the best England manager of all time.

He's already a close second having got us to more finals then every other manager combined. 

Absolutely spot on M_B.

Far to many posters on here trying to win the argument rather than looking at the facts. Southgate's record is phenomenal, better than every other England manager in the history of the game.

Come on England.

st-georges-day-1200x834.thumb.jpg.77f5d157868529fa2c07e97963945866.jpg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Would be cool to just all look forward to the final tonight rather than continually sniping like it really matters where a half dozen people on here rank Southgate as a manager. 

Will be interesting to see how tonight plays out. Hoping for more first half versus Netherlands and less... well, the rest of the tournament really. 

• Like 2

First 5 minutes we need someone to put Lamine Yamal over the touchline, a real crunching tackle, let him know who we are and where we come from, that will set the tone and let him know we won't be fooked around and he should have stayed in school.

Come on England.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

In Gareth we trust. 

He has produced time after time and given that he has got us 2 finals and 1 semi final he is the man for England. 

Lets behind them and bring home the trophy. 

I have just driven past a few pubs and they are busy already. 

Come on England 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Gav said:

Absolutely spot on M_B.

Far to many posters on here trying to win the argument rather than looking at the facts. Southgate's record is phenomenal, better than ever other England manager in the history of the game.

Come on England.

st-georges-day-1200x834.thumb.jpg.77f5d157868529fa2c07e97963945866.jpg

This is a ludicrous post

Sir Alf won the World Cup

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This is a ludicrous post

Sir Alf won the World Cup

Tournaments in those days were a hell of alot easier to win

Edited by roverandout

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

These tournaments go on longer. The physical aspect of modern football is much harder these days 

It's not like the England team in that era were at today's standards though. All teams would have had the same advantages/disadvantages back then. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

These tournaments go on longer. The physical aspect of modern football is much harder these days 

That doesn't make it any harder as it is the same for all teams.

Look at the pitch in yesterday’s replay of the 1966 Final ! That’s not to mention the ball. 
I played on pitches like that. I also played football on a bowling green. A local engineering works went bang and the sports facilities were abandoned until eventually Woolworths bought it for their headquarters. They had a bowling green there and they had a goat on a rope to keep the grass down. We’d tie the goat to a tree and play 4 a side on the grass. It was fantastic to play on after the pitches we played on normally. Ball control was so predictable. That’s what pitches are like today.

41 minutes ago, roverandout said:

What are you on about? They used to kick seven shades out of each other and weren’t allowed subs. By what metric is the physical aspect harder these days?

• Like 2