BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Forever Blue said:

We lost to the better team. No shame in that.

We did, but we could have been a lot better, so there’s plenty of shame in that.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Best team in the tournament win it, so can't complain. We're a level below Spain and it showed tonight. We had our moments but when they stepped it up we couldn't handle them. 

Another final lost. History only remembers the winners. Gareth has done his best, but it's best for all if he moves on now. Get a progressive manager in who can really take these young players to the next level. The potential is there. 

With that said, two finals in for years and we've lost both of them. Can't imagine we'll keep getting these opportunities. At some point you have to take them.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

Southgate, you aren’t the one, you never were- go away, please. Also, people that think he’s our greatest ever manager could do with going away, too.
Get a clue while you’re there too, ta.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

We lost to the better team. No shame in that.

We've turned up for one half all tournament. We deserved to lose by 3 or 4 there and that second half performance was amongst the worst.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

We wouldn’t have scored but how the fuck did the ref not add more time

I thought he'd add 1 of the 2 mins lying on the ground. 

But nope, 1 second, blow up. 

• Like 1

The only thing I'd change about that game is starting kane. He's been immense for England but he's not been fit for this tournament and we were playing with 10 men for 60 minutes. He didn't jump, he didn't run, he didn't press. 

I've been a big supporter of Southgate but his commitment to Kane cost him against Croatia in 2018 and cost him in this game. 

We gave Spain a good game, well done lads. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

Tournaments in those days were a hell of alot easier to win

Nonsense. You haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. 

Southgate is a serial failure

• Like 2

Just now, RoverDom said:

The only thing I'd change about that game is starting kane. He's been immense for England but he's not been fit for this tournament and we were playing with 10 men for 60 minutes. He didn't jump, he didn't run, he didn't press. 

I've been a big supporter of Southgate but his commitment to Kane cost him against Croatia in 2018 and cost him in this game. 

We gave Spain a good game, well done lads. 

Nah haven’t you heard? Kane is class. Scored three goals from a cumulative 20 yards and should be player of the tournament according to some on here 

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Also, people that think he’s our greatest ever manager could do with going away, too.

Totally agree, I prefer all the other managers who got us to a final. 

• Like 1

Pickford played well as a keeper but his distribution of the ball was awful. The game was lost in midfield. None of them played up to par. A comp too soon  for Foden, Mainoo, Saka, Bellingham etc. They all want to hold onto the ball instead of just passing it like Spain did.

Why Kane played is a complete mystery. He looked like me when I had disc problems.

Taxi for Southgate I think.

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Best team in the tournament win it, so can't complain. We're a level below Spain and it showed tonight. We had our moments but when they stepped it up we couldn't handle them. 

Another final lost. History only remembers the winners. Gareth has done his best, but it's best for all if he moves on now. Get a progressive manager in who can really take these young players to the next level. The potential is there. 

With that said, two finals in for years and we've lost both of them. Can't imagine we'll keep getting these opportunities. At some point you have to take them.

Good assessment, that's the worry. 

After 3 tournaments there is no justification for our lack of 'way or play'.  Before the tournament no one could name the Spanish manager and half the Spain team are middling in their clubs (Ruiz, Laporte in Saudi etc).  

Are style of play is lack of ambition.  We got the goal and sat back again - like Italy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

Totally agree, I prefer all the other managers who got us to a final. 

No other manager has had the criminally easy routes to finals he has. It’s ridiculous how lucky he’s got. Gets tactically out thought whenever we’re in a big game. Too many favourites and no ability to adapt 

• Like 1