BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Totally agree, I prefer all the other managers who got us to a final. 

How many have we won though? Answers on a postcard….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

How many have we won though? Answers on a postcard….

Same as all the other managers bar Alf. Gareth got us in the mix twice which is more than anyone else has 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

The only thing I'd change about that game is starting kane. He's been immense for England but he's not been fit for this tournament and we were playing with 10 men for 60 minutes. He didn't jump, he didn't run, he didn't press. 

I've been a big supporter of Southgate but his commitment to Kane cost him against Croatia in 2018 and cost him in this game. 

We gave Spain a good game, well done lads. 

He played very similar to morata who shearer was lauding as he came off. The difference was that Spain had players running past and England played in front the whole time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

The only thing I'd change about that game is starting kane. He's been immense for England but he's not been fit for this tournament and we were playing with 10 men for 60 minutes. He didn't jump, he didn't run, he didn't press. 

I've been a big supporter of Southgate but his commitment to Kane cost him against Croatia in 2018 and cost him in this game. 

We gave Spain a good game, well done lads. 

I agree Kane shouldn't have started but I don't think anyone else coming in would have materially changed the result. Watkins had 30 mins and didnt worry them too much.

In the longer term the key thing for us is we have the material now to win things with a lot of good players, but we need to figure out how we play to best use those talents, and really knit together a team and style like Spain did in 2008 (or seemingly now) or Germany in 2014. 

Im not sure if Southgate is the right manager for that. I suspect not (and that he will quit anyway) but also suspect if we try and hire someone in it will go tits up.

England do feel at a bit of a crossroads. Next appointment is key.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

Bellingham will get some stick when he gets back to Madrid. 

If he stays in Carvajal's pocket they can save a fare.

Absolutely anonymous again, needs to take a step back after all that yapping he was doing in the Slovenia game and think about how he's playing.

• Like 5

Southgate has to go. He’s done ok but in no way has he got the best from a talented bunch of players.  We’ve done well despite him rather than because.  Time for change.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

Mainoo was awful 

Kane was even worse 

For ages I've failed to see what the hype of Mainoo is all about.

He did the square root of sfa.

At least Southgate did sub off our most crap players.

We were fortunate to lose by 2-1.

We have no left sided attacking threat at all and on the right Saka invariably checks back or inside.

Football in general will be pleased the best by far team won.

• Like 2

Just now, RoverDom said:

Same as all the other managers bar Alf. Gareth got us in the mix twice which is more than anyone else has 

Phenomenal effort by Southgate, he’ll be kept on if he wants the job, no doubt about that. 

He took over England when we’d been knocked out in 2016 by Iceland, posters on here have short memories. 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Phenomenal effort by Southgate, he’ll be kept on if he wants the job, no doubt about that. 

He took over England when we’d been knocked out in 2016 by Iceland, posters on here have short memories. 

Correct - and what is noticeable about those demanding a new manager is that not a single one of them has said who it should be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Correct - and what is noticeable about those demanding a new manager is that not a single one of them has said who it should be.

Semi finals are the absolute minimum now, that's the bar he's set. 

7 hours ago, Gav said:

If that's the case he should take their hand off for a new contract, I don't see anything to suggest he is a top 4 premier league manager.

Edited by Blow-in

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

As I’ve said before, I’d be on the phone to Klopp immediately.  Be telling Southgate to make his own way home.  We’ve been gash 90% of this tournament - with the best squad of players (relative to everyone else) in living memory.  Absolute failure.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Why do we have to name a new manager? What we do know is we wont win anything with Southgate

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

Southgate has to go. He’s done ok but in no way has he got the best from a talented bunch of players.  We’ve done well despite him rather than because.  Time for change.

We haven't much front anymore, Kane is well passed his best , Toney and Watkins are not going to score many against proper international teams ..

Just now, RoverDom said:

Guehi our player of the tournament for me

Guehi, Stones, Pickford solid all tournament for me. But unfortunately, it's that that says everything. The midfield, and especially the forwards have majorly let themselves down. We got to the final by sheer luck and then were lucky it wasn't a rout.