BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Lee Carsley Takes The Reins

8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

Southgate has to go. He’s done ok but in no way has he got the best from a talented bunch of players.  We’ve done well despite him rather than because.  Time for change.

He should have gone after the last Euro Final. We’ve just wasted three years.

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He should have gone after the last Euro Final. We’ve just wasted three years.

I personally think he should have gone after the World Cup semi. He's always been tactically awful in big games.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, M_B said:

Semi finals are the absolute minimum now, that's the bar he's set. 

Semi finals should always be the minimum for a footballing country such as England,it's nothing new to expect to get that far.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Gareth is a victim of his own success. We aren’t a nation that wins trophies. Until Gareth we didn’t even get to finals. 

He’s done a great job. 

Playing like we did tonight I’d rather we didn’t. That was embarrassing. We looked like a pub team for a big chunk of the game. Their pressing exposed our lack of technique. Our wingers come inside all night long, theirs get around the side of teams.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

As I’ve said before, I’d be on the phone to Klopp immediately.  Be telling Southgate to make his own way home.  We’ve been gash 90% of this tournament - with the best squad of players (relative to everyone else) in living memory.  Absolute failure.

Hmm I do think we do quite significantly overrate our own players... How many of them would Germany, France, Spain take off us? No more or less than we would take off them.

Its a decent squad but no better than those teams imo. We're acting like we should win it with the players we have and I just have never seen it.

Were in the conversation but to win it we need not only good players but a well balanced effective system.We haven't found that.

• Like 2

Quality stuff from our captain…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/cp68zzx8x4rt?post=asset%3A15b5e97b-fcc7-410d-ab13-0899a35b3f40#post

In the 181 minutes he played across both the Euro 2020 and 2024 finals, England captain Harry Kane had just one shot, one touch in the opposition box and had just 58 touches of the ball

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Semi finals should always be the minimum for a footballing country such as England,it's nothing new to expect to get that far.

But it is quite new to regularly get that far!

Edited by joey_big_nose

• Backroom

Sometimes you have to be brave and ruthless to move forward. Much like with Mowbray and Rovers, sticking to the comfort zone ultimately doesn't get you to the next level. I'd be quite excited to see what this crop of young players could do under a more attacking-minded manager. Maybe that wouldn't get us there in the end either, but it'd be nice for me to be able to really enjoy watching England again and to genuinely believe we can beat an elite team. 

• Like 1

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Hmm I do think we do quite significantly overrate our own players... How many of them would Germany, France, Spain take off us? No more or less than we would take off them.

Its a decent squad but no better than those teams imo. We're acting like we should win it with the players we have and I just have never seen it.

Were in the conversation but to win it we need not only good players but a well balanced effective system.We haven't found that.

We had the player of the year in both Spain and Germany - as well the the Prem - and Southgate managed to make them completely ineffective.  Granted Kane wasn’t fit - but then why persist with him when he’s done fuck all really but take up a slot in the 11?  Piss poor management.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Sometimes you have to be brave and ruthless to move forward. Much like with Mowbray and Rovers, sticking to the comfort zone ultimately doesn't get you to the next level. I'd be quite excited to see what this crop of young players could do under a more attacking-minded manager. Maybe that wouldn't get us there in the end either, but it'd be nice for me to be able to really enjoy watching England again and to genuinely believe we can beat an elite team. 

We’ve gone backwards since Mowbray left DE, but I take your point, nobody stands out, who you thinking? 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think Spain would take Wharton

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if pep fancies leaving city,as he often does when he wins all he can,the fa should be on the phone immediately

i think having klopp as manager is a no no,having a german manage the british national side is a step to far for most people imo

If he wins things I do not give a flying fuck where he’s from.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I’m gonna sign off for the night before my head explodes. But if you’ve got the player of the year from the Spanish league and the Premier League, you lose two successive finals, it’s probably time to do something different.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

But it is quite new to regularly get that far!

I agree we've been shit in tournaments for far too long and now we have done better the last few years but  we are England and we should be going into every tournament expecting to go far in them

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Gav said:

We’ve gone backwards since Mowbray left DE.

Yet we finished higher with JDT than Mowbray ever did 🫤.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Has to be Southgates last game.

We need a new manger with some new ideas, someone who can more out of what we have.

You can't have a team with Foden, Bellingham, Kane, Rice, Saka, Palmer etc. and struggle to beat Slovakia and Slovenia (with horrific performances to boot).

We've played well for 45mins (1st half vs Netherlands) all tournament. Everything else has been poor.

He's too reactive, waits till we are a goal down before making a change, we're not dominant or on the front foot ever. And when we get back into a game we sit back and try and force extra time (weirdly).

He's done well to give him his credit, x2 finals and he's "rebuilt" England to a degree but like Rovers sticking with Mogga, you can see the writing on the wall, we need to move on if we are to progress.

Again spot on.