BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Is there likely to be another friendly game squeezed in between Stockport away and the Derby game at the start of August? Don't we usually have a 'big' name home game before the season starts?

11 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Is there likely to be another friendly game squeezed in between Stockport away and the Derby game at the start of August? Don't we usually have a 'big' name home game before the season starts?

i was wondering the same,though i have been told by someone who knows one of the ground staff lads that there is a problem with the pitch ,hence no home friendlies,we ar`nt the only ones to have the same issues apparently

14 hours ago, Hannoverover said:

Nothing has been scheduled but the Stockport friendly isn't certain to go ahead as we drew them in the League Cup which will be played on August 13th. My guess is that both Rovers and Stockport are looking for an alternative fixture but it's getting a but late now to arrange one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have just purchased a  Eticket for the Stockport friendly via the website and i have a received my email with attachment with a scan ,bar code could anyone tell me if i can use my phone to scan or do i need to print it off..Thanks

21 hours ago, den9112 said:

Hi, i have just purchased a  Eticket for the Stockport friendly via the website and i have a received my email with attachment with a scan ,bar code could anyone tell me if i can use my phone to scan or do i need to print it off..Thanks

You can use your phone. If you have an iPhone you can save it into your wallet and just double click the button on the side of the phone and it comes up. Probably can do something similar on an android but can’t confirm

14 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

You can use your phone. If you have an iPhone you can save it into your wallet and just double click the button on the side of the phone and it comes up. Probably can do something similar on an android but can’t confirm

Thanks i have it saved on my phone as a email so i can bring the barcode..Just not familiar with all the modern phones can do..

Hi all - with it being fairly local to me I'm planning on going to the Morecambe friendly on Friday night. With us playing Wigan on Saturday, am I right in thinking the team to play Morecambe is likely to be more of a youth/reserve team? 

24 minutes ago, robbo_rovers said:

Hi all - with it being fairly local to me I'm planning on going to the Morecambe friendly on Friday night. With us playing Wigan on Saturday, am I right in thinking the team to play Morecambe is likely to be more of a youth/reserve team? 

Who knows. Logic dictates to me that both teams would be a mix but in the games against Accrington, Tranmere and Nuremburg he played his strongest team in the first half/game and then changed to essentially the under 21's. Eustace has said it's about fitness and right now I don't think and of the players have played a full 90 minutes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robbo_rovers said:

I'd go anyway.

Remember the saying, "the youth team of today will be the first team of tomorrow".  

Or in our case September. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

I'd go anyway.

Remember the saying, "the youth team of today will be the first team of tomorrow".  

Or in our case September. 

Yeah I was going to go anyway, was curious more than anything. Got tickets for me and my lad earlier today. Living in Kendal it’s the closest football league ground for us, so too good an opportunity to miss.

We could arguably play 1st half with the strongest team and 2nd half '2nd string' in both games, 90 minutes over 2 days certainly shouldn't be beyond them as they look to 'peak' with starting in 2 weeks time! I suspect it will be the reserves at Morecambe tonight.

My prediction is that the starting XI tonight will be roughly the starting XI from the second 60 minutes against Nuremberg e.g. our second string but with Buckley, Markanday, Garrett etc.

Then the starting XI tomorrow to be the starting XI from the first 60 minutes against Nuremberg e.g. our 'strongest' XI apart from Hedges and Szmodics

I am predicting this because it would make more sense to test the strongest XI against a League One side on a Saturday than it would against a League Two side tonight, and I expect he will want everyone to get 90 minutes sooner or later.

The club media have also used photos of Buckley and Garrett for the promotional material for tonight which might be a clue.

Could be wrong of course and it could well be a mish mash of both.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2024 at 18:13, Hannoverover said:

According to the LT, Stockport will be the last friendly before the Season kicks off. So much for the promise of a big name home game.

Nice to see Ryan Hedges on the scoresheet, just back to fitness after injury. Doherty the 16 year old got rave reviews when he came on. We could do with a manager whose prepared to try youngsters in the first team. Look at Spain in the Euros, played a 16 year old early on, and ended up winning it.

5 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Nice to see Ryan Hedges on the scoresheet, just back to fitness after injury. Doherty the 16 year old got rave reviews when he came on. We could do with a manager whose prepared to try youngsters in the first team. Look at Spain in the Euros, played a 16 year old early on, and ended up winning it.

It all depends on how good the 16 year old is.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We have consistently played and brought through youngsters in recent years. If anything, at times overly so due to the lack of competitive budget.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Nice to see Ryan Hedges on the scoresheet, just back to fitness after injury. Doherty the 16 year old got rave reviews when he came on. We could do with a manager who’s prepared to try youngsters in the first team. Look at Spain in the Euros, played a 16 year old early on, and ended up winning it.

Eustace has praised Tyjon after the game. He will surely be involved come the season. Doherty is 18 years old, and if he can make an impact it would be welcome, as it looks like we’re going to be struggling for numbers - there were two keepers on the bench. No sign of Gilsenan, so I suppose he is out with injury.

Edited by riverholmes

8 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Eustace has praised Tyjon after the game. He will surely be involved come the season. Doherty is 18 years old, and if he can make an impact it would be welcome, as it looks like we’re going to be struggling for numbers - there were two keepers on the bench. No sign of Gilsenan, so I suppose he is out with injury.

Gilsenan damaged a thigh muscle in his first week back training. It's quite a serious one is what I was told.