BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

I should have maybe included the fact that we won't plan on having questions that come across as being directly antagonistic. Happy to ask questions that ask for accountability and clarity, but there's no way we will get an interview out, or have future guests, if we treat this as an inquisition. 

Yeah cos that's what we need, more softball interviews with club officials.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

On 12/07/2024 at 09:42, Eddie said:

We'll be having Rudy on our podcast, so if anyone wants to post questions they'd like asked we'll be happy to put them to him.

No gotcha questions. Nothing rude. We're going to try to get a clearer understanding of what his role is. What the infrastructure of the club now looks like. 

Not sure when you are having him on, but if There is any truth in Rovers slashing the asking price for Szmodics to £6M this week, after previously apparently quoting much higher (especially when numerous players who were playing in the Championship have been sold in the past week for £15M+ such as Greaves, Delap, Hutchinson, soon to be Philogene etc)  Then what has changed at Rovers?

Please note I am not saying that Szmodics should be sold at £15M-£20M, I understand that despite his goal scoring exploits last season, the other players I mentioned are younger, with high potential for growth etc, but £6M for a Premiership team to pay is a nonsense (Coventry paid over £5M for Jack Rudoni from relegated Huddersfield), and indicates a club in real financial trouble if anywhere near true.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

On 12/07/2024 at 09:42, Eddie said:

We'll be having Rudy on our podcast, so if anyone wants to post questions they'd like asked we'll be happy to put them to him.

No gotcha questions. Nothing rude. We're going to try to get a clearer understanding of what his role is. What the infrastructure of the club now looks like. 

Rovers stated in their retained list that they had offered Whitehall, Saadi & Baker new contracts 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/may/18/retain-list-confirmed/

All 3 of these no longer qualify as being U21, so can he clarify

Are any of these players now seen as first team squad players?  (Whitehall has been highly regarded in the past and Saadi played last week in the friendly)

Is it more a case of getting them fit and helping them to find a new club?  (Whitehall and Baker have had a bad time with injuries)

Is it a case of offering them a contract on slightly more than they were on so that when they sign somewhere else, Rovers will be due compensation?

Obviously the answers may be different in each case and I am not asking him to single any of the 3 out

Have any of these players signed the contract (Saadi may have down as he played last week)

If they have signed, why have the club not announced anything? - communication has been been great for years and seems to have taken another downturn this summer

If they have not signed, are they still in negotiations or have they left?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Yeah cos that's what we need, more softball interviews with club officials.

There's a difference between a softball interview and being so challenging with a guest that they either leave or don't consent to an episode being published. We could get him on and ask him very aggressively about his qualifications or his refusal to play when he was manufacturing a move and it would result in us not having an interview. 

I would suggest that you hold off any criticism until you hear the actual interview - if you ever even listen to it. 

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

Not sure when you are having him on, but if There is any truth in Rovers slashing the asking price for Szmodics to £6M this week, after previously apparently quoting much higher (especially when numerous players who were playing in the Championship have been sold in the past week for £15M+ such as Greaves, Delap, Hutchinson, soon to be Philogene etc)  Then what has changed at Rovers?

Please note I am not saying that Szmodics should be sold at £15M-£20M, I understand that despite his goal scoring exploits last season, the other players I mentioned are younger, with high potential for growth etc, but £6M for a Premiership team to pay is a nonsense (Coventry paid over £5M for Jack Rudoni from relegated Huddersfield), and indicates a club in real financial trouble if anywhere near true.

It's a good question. I think we will likely have him on after the window has closed. That will give us the advantage of being able to properly judge the summer's transactions and also give him enough time in the role for us to feel like he can't just avoid questions by saying that he is still getting up to speed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, unleaded said:

Ask him please what plans he has to fix the state of Ewood park stadium… Has he had a walk around the ground… Any stadium improvements plan on the horizon…

Good question. 

14 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I would rather Creosote a Fence in the pissing down Rain than listen to him waxing lyrical.

You won't have to listen. I'm sure there's a fence somewhere that you can work on.

Just now, Eddie said:

There's a difference between a softball interview and being so challenging with a guest that they either leave or don't consent to an episode being published. We could get him on and ask him very aggressively about his qualifications or his refusal to play when he was manufacturing a move and it would result in us not having an interview. 

I would suggest that you hold off any criticism until you hear the actual interview - if you ever even listen to it. 

Those are very important questions and they need to be answered.

Apparently he's all about opening lines of communication so shouldn't have a problem with it.

Just now, Upside Down said:

Those are very important questions and they need to be answered.

Apparently he's all about opening lines of communication so shouldn't have a problem with it.

I think there are more delicate ways of approaching both of those questions that might result in a conversation.

Regarding his qualifications, I think speaking about inexperience is a legitimate line of questioning.

When it comes to his refusal to play, I think we are more likely to ask something along the lines of how have his views on unhappy players changed now that he's in an admin role and how might he deal with players who are as frustrated or unhappy as he was during periods of his career.

So, there are differences between softball interviews and coming across like an angry fan trying to shout down a club official. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

I think there are more delicate ways of approaching both of those questions that might result in a conversation.

Regarding his qualifications, I think speaking about inexperience is a legitimate line of questioning.

When it comes to his refusal to play, I think we are more likely to ask something along the lines of how have his views on unhappy players changed now that he's in an admin role and how might he deal with players who are as frustrated or unhappy as he was during periods of his career.

So, there are differences between softball interviews and coming across like an angry fan trying to shout down a club official. 

Can you ask is he ever going to communicate the youth situation, I.E has Whitehall signed, has Rory Finneran?

There has been absolutely no improvement on Comms since he's joined.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Can you ask is he ever going to communicate the youth situation, I.E has Whitehall signed, has Rory Finneran?

There has been absolutely no improvement on Comms since he's joined.

He's completely unqualified for the role, of course things haven't improved since he joined. 

• Like 3

so 3 weeks to kick off...no signings and still no word from rude after saying it's all about communication.  

Ask him how he's spending his rovers blood money and how far his tongue goes up the venky brown star.

• Like 3

On 13/07/2024 at 12:03, Eddie said:

He wasn't frustrated or unhappy, he'd just had the best season of his life. He was greedy, selfish and impatient is what he was.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ABBEY said:

no time for cowards who refuse to play for us

He’s another one like swag and all the others before him that are only given under arm questions. The last thing I watched him on you’d think the guy asking the questions was president of his fan club.

The local media aren’t fit for purpose so not sure who’s going to be asking the questions but he needs to asked about him holding the club to ransom as a player. Particularly, as he might now have to deal with that very scenario as a suit 

51 minutes ago, matt83 said:

He’s another one like swag and all the others before him that are only given under arm questions. The last thing I watched him on you’d think the guy asking the questions was president of his fan club.

The local media aren’t fit for purpose so not sure who’s going to be asking the questions but he needs to asked about him holding the club to ransom as a player. Particularly, as he might now have to deal with that very scenario as a suit 

The thing that baffles me about the in house media team and particularly people like Neil Yardley, he's the one putting the questions to Waggott and Gestede in these latest interviews, is that he (Yardley) has lived through and witnessed the decline of this club under this hierarchy.

As he works for the club, he will have seen it and felt it day in day out for the last 14 years. Surely? He was a constant on Radio Rovers during the good times before Venky's. I recall so many of his interviews on there with players like Morten, Savage, Benni etc. I also recall him talking excitedly with Gerald Jackson many times about our prospects under Mark Hughes, for example.

My point is, he fully experienced the good times like most of us did. He was there, he lived it and as somebody who has remained at the club during the Venky reign, he has seen the decline unfold before his eyes.

Yet, still, STILL, he goes easy on the likes of Waggott and Co in interviews.

I'm not naive enough to expect in house media to go gung ho and be "Venky's out" or "Waggott out", but surely put some challenging questions to these pricks? Whenever I have heard Yardley during the Venky years, he has come across to me as trying to paint a rosy picture.

It's disappointing for me as a fan who used to listen to entire Radio Rovers broadcasts, I'm talking 4pm till 11pm jobs midweek (Yes, I was that invested/sad/crazy, take your pick), where he was buzzing about Rovers just as much as I was, to see the softly, softly approach that there has been throughout the Venky reign.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 2

Rovers is his meal ticket, I presume the in house media is still done through his (and his dad before him) company (CREATV) that was based out of Ewood or he now directly works through the club.

Either way you are getting nothing but the club line - though you imagine his thoughts are a tad different when you think he started in the Souness era.

Edited by Mattyblue