BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The 10 Rovers truths

1. We have an amazing youth team that are feeding our first team. This is the envy of some of the premier league. Believe in that youth.

2. We have some very strong older players that will supplement that youth (regardless of future signings).

3. We have a manager that knows how to dig in. To survive. Believe.

4. Fans complained in 94. Sherwood was a luxury, Sutton ineffective, Flowers flappable. It doesn't matter the situation, some fans will always complain.

5. The owners aren't that bad. Yes, they don't really understand football like us and they were naive as hell. But there is no debt (It's equity). Football's changed since the 90's, what do you really expect them to do? I love the idea of a sustainable football team, that means we sell players to foot the running cost (owners are irrelevant). That's the plan.

6. Blackburn's community has changed. We need to do all we can to attract that changed community to Ewood. I don't care if that irritates some English Patriots. I welcome it.

7. Waggott isn't perfect, but he is what we have.

8. We need to unify as fans. I'm bored of going on every week and arguing with the people around me. Players aren't perfect. Fans aren't perfect. Owners aren't perfect. But I'd never spend my Saturdays anywhere else.

9. We're the most successful team in Lancashire. That's something to be proud of. We can be successful again.

10. In order to move forward we need to accept that we won't agree. You'll read this post and say most of it is rubbish. That's fine. But come the first game of the season we must be as one. Behind the team. Believing in the team.

• Downvote 42

Maybe that's what Gestede meant when he said that he would improve communications. That he would create an brfcs account and anonymously interact with the fans.

Edited by Inferi
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, EasyAs123 said:

1. We have an amazing youth team that are feeding our first team. This is the envy of some of the premier league. Believe in that youth.

2. We have some very strong older players that will supplement that youth (regardless of future signings).

4. Fans complained in 94. Sherwood was a luxury, Sutton ineffective, Flowers flappable. It doesn't matter the situation, some fans will always complain.

5. The owners aren't that bad. Yes, they don't really understand football like us and they were naive as hell. But there is no debt (It's equity). Football's changed since the 90's, what do you really expect them to do? I love the idea of a sustainable football team, that means we sell players to foot the running cost (owners are irrelevant). That's the plan.

6. Blackburn's community has changed. We need to do all we can to attract that changed community to Ewood. I don't care if that irritates some English Patriots. I welcome it.

8. We need to unify as fans. I'm bored of going on every week and arguing with the people around me. Players aren't perfect. Fans aren't perfect. Owners aren't perfect. But I'd never spend my Saturdays anywhere else.

9. We're the most successful team in Lancashire. That's something to be proud of. We can be successful again.

10. In order to move forward we need to accept that we won't agree. You'll read this post and say most of it is rubbish. That's fine. But come the first game of the season we must be as one. Behind the team. Believing in the team.

Ok I’ll bite.

1 I think overhyping them a tad but I’ll give you that

2 just not true. 1 decent player who is almost certainly leaving

3 not seen evidence of this. Things were looking bad and in my opinion got worse. 

4 fans will complain and if there’s no particular reason to they will find trivial things. But in this era there are about 20+ valid things to complain about namely the continuing destruction of the club. 

5 up there with worst owners in football. FACT 

6 I agree the club has done little to nothing to attract new or old fans. One of the reasons to complain in point 4

7 waggot isn’t perfect is an understatement. He’s a useless cretin.

8 if you truly believe the above things please do find something else to do on a Saturday. You are part of the problem whether you see it or not.

9 irrelevant to the modern day struggles. 

10. Bollocks. To move forward we need to educate fellas like yourself on to the same page as sane fans. 

• Like 4

This post should have been titled '10 Rovers opinions, and pretty shit ones at that'.

Don't call something a truth when it's an opinion please, it's nauseating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

This post should have been titled '10 Rovers opinions, and pretty shit ones at that'.

Don't call something a truth when it's an opinion please, it's nauseating.

Yeah. If the title was “10 largely ill-informed opinions on rovers” would read it and think yes he’s hit his own brief there.

• Like 1

Probably a genuine post to be fair, there are people out there with opinions like this. People sometimes forget there's an ill-informed fanbase outside of BRFCS.COM 

• Like 1

He’s probably just a tad extreme the other way, but yes, the majority of the fanbase even now aren’t particularly anti-Venky. ‘Shit support’ will be mentioned more than the owners when it comes to the diagnosis of what’s wrong with BRFC…. The joining of dots seems to go amiss.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, EasyAs123 said:

1. It’s decent, but it’s up against a lot of competition for talent

2. Unsubstantiated opinion

3. Unsubstantiated opinion

4. We’d finished the previous season in 2nd…in the PL…🤔

5. If they don’t want to contribute to the running costs…give the club away then, you aren’t invested

6. This is happening

7. He’s carrying out the wishes of the owners to the letter, therefore it’s more important to change the owners than the CEO

8. Fans are entitled to individual opinions…you’ve inflicted yours on us

9. Yes

10. Unsubstantiated belief…that’s religion isn’t it? 😆

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EasyAs123 said:

go forth and multiply

16 hours ago, EasyAs123 said:

How has this post gone for you pal?

• Like 2

I have a fair idea who the poster is and if it is that person, then this is a genuine post. The only point I can agree with is point 9. The rest...

There are fans out there that have such views and much of the current Ewood crowd would probably be giving the OP a thumbs up. Each to their own, but what gets me is points 4, 5 and 6.

Point 4...making out that Rovers fans have always moaned, even during the title chasing days. That type of 'moaning' I.e 'player x isn't good enough, player y is a passenger, player z needs selling' isn't exclusive to Rovers fans.

Every fanbase in every decade has had fans airing such opinions, even during their club's highest points. Do you not think some Liverpool fans were saying similar in the 80's about some of their players, United fans in the 90's, Arsenal in the early 00's, Chelsea under Jose/Abramovic, City fans today? It's normal, it happens across all fanbases.

Sometimes the fans saying such are made to look silly as those players produce the goods. No problem, that's the game.

There is a massive difference though between some Rovers fans saying "Sherwood is a luxury"/"I don't rate Sutton" back then and the fans legitimately criticising what Venky's have done to this club over 14 terrible years.

Trying to gloss over the latter by claiming that some Rovers fans will "never be happy" and citing 1994 to back that up is unacceptable imo. Not only is it playing down genuine fan concern regarding the dismantling of this club, it is suggesting that we are being unreasonable with our criticisms.

This is also playing into the agent created narrative that the Rovers fans are 'entitled'. Yet some Rovers fans, including the OP can't/won't see that.

Point 5...is a polite way of saying 'we could do worse than Venky's', 'the owners were badly advised', 'it's not 1995 anymore', 'the owners can't do what Jack did'.

Firstly, who is asking them to emulate what Uncle Jack did? Nobody is asking or expecting them to break transfer records and have us at the top end of the Premier League. Yet the lazy angle is put out there that we, as fans, are stuck in the 90s, and that's why we are unhappy with the present situation. Absolute bullshit, but this again plays into the agent created narrative. A narrative created to protect the owners and to make us look the bad guys for speaking out, whilst also painting us as having unrealistic expectations at the same time.

Secondly, what do I expect them to do? Are you having a laugh? How about show some care and interest. How about back your managers and allow transfers to happen. How about not ignore being sat in the play off places. How about get rid of that buffoon of a CEO. I could go on.

Point 6...The "English patriots" would be irritated? Wow. What can I say? The agents have played a blinder on that front. There are more Asian faces seen at Ewood today than ever before and a lot of that is down to the sterling efforts of Yasir Sufi and the Community Trust. There has just recently been a South Asian Rovers Supporters group set up too, so work is clearly ongoing in that regard.

Think back to where that false seed was planted and by whom. The idea that Rovers fans who want Venky's out are the "R" word.

That was, imo, a tactical silencing attempt by a devious bastard who was trying to quell anti Venky sentiment. It worked too, as many, imo, feared being wrongly labelled as such if they criticised them, so started to overlook anything that the owners did or didn't do. Some fans are still scared to call them out.

I think the original poster is ultra positive and means well, but points 4 and 5 in particular are what I see and hear from those who call themselves "positive" and who are reluctant to criticise the club.

There'll be plenty at Ewood on a matchday who share those two views. The problem for me, as I've tried to highlight, is where those two views have originated from and who has been repeating them.

It all goes back to the same place. Which is why I and many on here do not buy the PR around these owners being 'fantastic', 'loyal', 'deserving of more respect' and the fans being ungrateful moaners. It has clearly worked on a portion of the fanbase though who blame the 'moaners' and say things like 'the owners aren't that bad'.

Wake up ffs.

• Like 9

Obvious club post is obvious.

And written by somebody who doesn't know our history very well.

Fans moaned in 1994, did we?
Sutton had literally just signed for us and hadn't played a competitive game.
Flowers was an exceptional GK and Sherwood was our club captain - far, far away from a 'luxury' player.

Nice try, whoever wrote this, but our fans are (mostly) clever people and you cannot fool them into believing things that just aren't true.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep, if he read that post out in most parts of Ewood he’d get a round of applause.

No, just blank looks and shoulder shrugs.

The problem inside Ewood isn't this mythical perceived support for the owners and those running it the problem is all out apathy. Most have given up it's all been seen and heard in the last decade so now it's just a case of turn up out of loyalty to the team and shirt, expect nothing and put up with it or stay at home.

Just the way Waggot and the owners want it but just like you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink Rovers fans have never been ones to be told what to do.

Edited by tomphil