BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

Two weeks without meaningful football to cogitate about this one and plenty of player permutations to conjure with.

With the exception of Scott (he hates Burnley) Wharton and assuming no training ground injuries, Eustace is going to have close to a full squad to select from- even Leonard and Gilsenan could be back.

Although there are good enough replacements, Hyam and Carter in the middle of defence and Travis and Tronstedt in central midfield are pretty certain starters while it would be a surprise to see Duru preferred to Brittain. Gueye suspension probably assures Ohashi a start leading the line.

The rest is going to be the subject of intense speculation...

The chance to see new faces and the continuing buzz from getting a point from Tony Harrington at t'Turf should reward Rovers with an improving home crowd.

Bristol City have quality up front with Twine supported by the speed of Armstrong and trickery of Sykes. Between them they are very good at creating and missing chances but Ewood could be where it comes good for them so be warned...

The Robbins defending is generous to the opposition, particularly giving away half chances in and around the box which Coventry (Casey Palmer) and Derby three times have recently benefitted from.

Down the years, Ewood has been a happy hunting ground for City with a certain Andy Weimann giving Rovers all kinds of problems. There is also a little matter of losing 5-0 at Ashton Gate in need of retribution.

Let's hope we left having an Ewood horror show against teams beginning with B with the Carabao Cup exit and Eustace continues our Championship spirit, fight and all round performance to secure a further 3 points to set us up nicely for the trip to Deepdale that follows. 

• Like 3

I agree that Hyam, Carter, Tronstad, Travis and Ohashi all pick themselves.

I fear that Eustace will stick with Pears in the near future but he has to play Toth. We cant keep playing Pears considering how poor he is. 

There will be a big decision to make at left back with 2 players who can both feel aggrieved if they dont play. I would put JRC at right back with Brittain being defensively poor.

In attacking midfield we will have various options and again I suspect that Eustace will probably go with Dolan, Hedges and Weimann. Hedges again whilst working hard was ineffective going forward and Dolan repeatedly made poor decisions. I would love to see Cantwell and Cozier Duberry start to give us some guile and pace respectively, with Weimann deserving to keep his place too.

I expect the same team as yesterday beside a change of striker. I would go:

Toth

JRC Carter Hyam Beck

Travis Tronstad

Cozier Duberry Cantwell Weimann

Ohashi

• Like 1

Bristol City just had a  3-0 beating from Derby yesterday but they're one of many teams in the Championship that can beat you on their good day.I can't see them challenging for promotion but i don't see them going down either.2-1 win to Rovers 

Optimism and confidence should be surging through the veins of players and fans after our league start and yesterday's outstanding resilient performance.

A banker home win - the only question is by how many!

42 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looking forward to this,ticket purchased...hope more people come along to support this Teams efforts.

2-0

They already are, c4.5/5k walk ons for the league games so far. Big numbers those at £25 to £35 a pop.

But it’s still difficult to make the ground look well populated with only 9,000 ST holders sitting with them. So, as always, I’ll repeat my mantra - we want substantially bigger crowds? ‘Sell substantially more season tickets’. It’s that simple here.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Optimism and confidence should be surging through the veins of players and fans after our league start and yesterday's outstanding resilient performance.

A banker home win - the only question is by how many!

Please don't Mercer. I can't go through another season of wine-fuelled hyper-optimism

• Like 9

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

I'm heading up for this one. Will be my first visit to Ewood this season.

Gutted Big Mak won't be part of it but excited to see the new lads and I've got a good feeling about it. Don't think Bristol City look as strong as previous seasons but they are an unpredictable and inconsistent team.

I'm gonna stick my neck out with a Rovers 3-1 win.

i thought bristol city were one the favourites to get in the play offs this season,not really got going yet and losing 3-0 against derby is not great at all,think their manager manning is one of the "pass it to death without any threat " brigade,nothing to worry about for us,routine 2-0 win while conversing energy for the pne game

Got to rip the plaster off with pears. Get it done. Becks Derby day performance has means I'd be reluctant to drop for Pickering. Real selection issues are the 3 behind the striker. 

Toth

Brittain.   Carter.   Hyam.   Beck

Travis.  Tronstad

Weimann.      Cantwell.      Dolan

Ohashi

Subs

Pears, batth, JRC, duru, Hedges, Buckley, baker, siggy, dubbery

Edited by BlackburnEnd75
Forgot Jrc

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Toth

Brittain Carter Hyam Beck

Travis Tronstad

Dolan    Cantwell    Hedges

Ohashi 

Bit of a strange move to drop Weiman??

One of Hedges or Dolan will miss out with Wieman keeping his slot on the right.

Also have a feeling if JRC can get himself properly fit over the next two weeks he might get a crack at right back.

• Like 2