BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

We go into this with confidence there's a completely different feel to Rovers this season we are a 90+ mins team with game changers on the bench.

Might be one for Cantwell to shine in if he plays a part and do we bring the big lad up top back in or not ?

Eustace has got most things right this season especially at the Dome so hopefully that continues as does Pears good form but always a very tough fixture this. PKNE not hit form yet this season but no doubt they will here although maybe it's the best time to play them.

Nobbers  2    Rovers  2

pne biggest match of their season against their own self styled hated rivals blackburn,i think we`ll make them wail with anguish in a convincing victory,they seem to have lost their thuggish edge now lowe has gone,new manager heckingbottom plays a smoother style,their two centre backs are glacial,if we can get them on the counter we`ll cause them big problems

With no further injuries on Saturday (hopefully), and the likes of Brittain, Pickering, Siggy likely to be back along with Gueye, it's going to give Eustace one very welcome headache for PNE.

I doubt our bench has been this strong in many a season

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

With no further injuries on Saturday (hopefully), and the likes of Brittain, Pickering, Siggy likely to be back along with Gueye, it's going to give Eustace one very welcome headache for PNE.

much as i like pickering,he is`nt getting back in the side with beck now at left back,unless he`s going to be used as a backup centre back,there is`nt really a place for him

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Beck's performance has taken one headache away from him. Not a cat in hell's chance that Pickering (who I rate) is getting his place back straight away. 

Others are very tricky though. It would be harsh in the extreme to bench Yuki after that second half, but PNE will be a very different sort of game and Gueye was playing excellently against Burnley until his mad sending off. Batth will probably be the one to lose his spot if Brittain is back, but that's harsh after a very decent performance. I'd be surprised if Baker keeps his place, but then again I was surprised to see him start, so we'll wait and see on that one.

Either way, a very decent looking bench for the first time in ages, like you say. 

Even if Brittain and Pickering are back, we should stick with the defensive set up who played yesterday. That includes Pears as much as I dont rate him.

The attack is the area that needs tinkering to find a balance. Made my opinion on the Baker experiment clear, not one to be repeated. I think starting Cozier Duberry is a no brainer, we are dying for some pace especially away on the counter attack, and Cantwell doesnt look fit enough yet. Dolan justifies another start, and although Ohashi's all round game has weaknesses, you cant drop him after 2 brilliant goals so its just who starts in that 4th place.

Pears

Carter Batth Hyam Beck

Travis Tronstad

Cozier Duberry Dolan Weimann

Ohashi

Subs: Toth, JRC, McFadzean, Pickering, Baker, Buckley, Cantwell, Hedges, Gueye

The bench is an area where people will have to miss out. Ive chosen Brittain as I would prefer JRC as RB cover and Sigurdsson with others better placed.

So 2 changes but I dont think he will make any.

Go there full of confidence, Preston are a bang average ugly side with shit discipline, little pace little quality. 

Over the last 9 years they have had far too much luck with us, only 4 wins against them, every result bar the 2 4-1 defeats they haven’t deserved, 2 last min equalisers (one being entirely our own goal) and a last minute winner, we e had no luck over them it’s time that changed or we give them gobshites a beating

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Lets do them and do them well,no let up!

Why the hell we just didn't take the full ticket allocation is beyond me.

I can't believe that you are surprised by anything Waggot does.

• Like 3

Pears

Brittain.  Carter  hyam  beck

Travis.  Tronstad

Weimann.   Dolan.     Hedges

Ohashi

Subs: toth, batth, Pickering, jrc, Buckley, baker, cantwell, sigurdsson, ACD, Gueye. (There's 10 there but it's really hard to decide who to drop)

If brittain isn't fit then you'd stick with Carter rb and batth cb. 

Think you'd he looking to get Hedges off as first change.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hedges sit this out. He got a kick in the Bristol game and the manager seems very cautious of him. Could be a good opportunity to get ACD in the 11.

This is going to come across negative but I'd take a point away from home to keep the unbeaten run going and then get back to Ewood for QPR. Derby games are of course never easy games and hard fought. They will be bang up for it and be a harder opposition under Heckingbottom, proven with a very decent point away at Boro. 

We can absolutely smash them of course, we have the ability and great options off the bench with Gueye back from suspension aswell. I can see a tight game where he comes off the bench to score. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Lets do them and do them well,no let up!

Why the hell we just didn't take the full ticket allocation is beyond me.

Why would they make t easy for anybody when they can remove panic over a few tickets potentially being left unsold instead

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hedges sit this out. He got a kick in the Bristol game and the manager seems very cautious of him. Could be a good opportunity to get ACD in the 11.

This is going to come across negative but I'd take a point away from home to keep the unbeaten run going and then get back to Ewood for QPR. Derby games are of course never easy games and hard fought. They will be bang up for it and be a harder opposition under Heckingbottom, proven with a very decent point away at Boro. 

We can absolutely smash them of course, we have the ability and great options off the bench with Gueye back from suspension aswell. I can see a tight game where he comes off the bench to score. 

Exactly. Funny old game is football. Just because we have started well and are looking good and North End have started really badly doesn't mean next Sunday is a pushover. All we need to do is turn up?

It could be a difficult match for us but I have every confidence that JE will have done his homework.Mustn't forget that Heckingbottom is also a good manager and is turning them around. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Pears

Brittain.  Carter  hyam  beck

Travis.  Tronstad

Weimann.   Dolan.     Hedges

Ohashi

Subs: toth, batth, Pickering, jrc, Buckley, baker, cantwell, sigurdsson, ACD, Gueye. (There's 10 there but it's really hard to decide who to drop)

If brittain isn't fit then you'd stick with Carter rb and batth cb. 

Think you'd he looking to get Hedges off as first change.

We've just won 3-0,any season out of  the last 13 or 14 at least ,it would be same again.

The options right now are unbelievable, given we’ve spent next to nothing. I'll bet we get up to 12 to 15 different combinations on here by Sunday. 

I think I'd actually go the same except Gueye up front, Dolan left and Ohashi behind Gueye. I'm sure we're all actually trusting Eustace to get it right. 

• Like 3

I’m in the minority here but I would Start Gueye on this one.

Ohashi was quite ineffective against Bristol city, until his goals of course…Gueye will terrify their CB’s so we need to be into them from the start - Ohashi to come on second half and press like he did against Dingles.

Carrying on our u beaten run is a must so I’d take a draw. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2