BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

10 hours ago, 47er said:

We have had the worst luck possible at Deepdale in recent years. It's as if we are cursed.

So I won't be optimistic about this until we've actually done it.

Our actual away record against them in recent years isn't too bad.

2-2 last year (but we were 2-0 up)

1-1 in 22/23 (last minute Hyam own goal)

Won 4-1 in 21/22

Won 3-0 in 20/21

Last defeat was 3-2 in 2019 when we had gone 2-0 up in 11 minutes. Not a single member of our starting eleven on that day is still at the club.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Won 4-1 in 21/22

Won 3-0 in 20/21

Last defeat was 3-2 in 2019 when we had gone 2-0 up in 11 minutes. Not a single member of our starting eleven on that day is still at the club.

That 3-2 leant itself heavily to a Mowbray tactical F up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The 'plastics' line is what they stack their bitterness and jealousy behind that goes back way beyond that, always been a bigger better club and it's hard for them to acknowledge without inventing something.

As a rovers fan (unbroken season ticket since 82) who has lived around Preston all my life, i can definitely confirm the above.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Won 4-1 in 21/22

Won 3-0 in 20/21

I have PNE grouped together in with Bolton and Wigan as places we inexplicably always tank, so seeing those results written down surprises me a bit. Blowing leads and conceding last minute equalisers probably doesn't help.

One of those fixtures too where Gally could look like a world beater. Four goals in those games (if you include the 3-2, annoyingly) and I seem to remember he properly rinsed their full back in the covid season. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The 'plastics' line is what they stack their bitterness and jealousy behind that goes back way beyond that, always been a bigger better club and it's hard for them to acknowledge without inventing something.

Nothing gives that away more than when they talk about how big their crowds *would be* if they were in the top flight. Conveniently ignoring that one feature of being a big club is playing in the top division at least once in the last sixty years.

In fairness, if another club had form for advertising season tickets in my town centre then I'd probably be quite bitter about it too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Where you grew up will probably dictate how much you dislike Preston. I’ve got Rovers supporting friends in Lostock Hall/Brig/Leyland who detest Preston with a passion. Conversely, they couldn’t give a shit about Bolton. 

Deepdale is also closer to Ewood than t’Turf is. It’s a big local rivalry whatever way you cut it. 

Preston are massively obsessed with us though as a rule. It’s probably because they’ve not had a good team since Finney retired.

I’m Blackburn born and bred, went to school in brig though, rovers fans out numbered Preston heavily but throughout my high school days 2006-2011 Preston weee non entity to us, later years the plastic United and Liverpool fans decided to start supporting Preston aswell which contributed to my growing dislike for north end as they was fickle and irritating, remember in 2010 rovers played a friendly against a strong pne at the time as they just got them loans in from United as junior fergie had just got Preston job recently and they beat a half rovers cause of another friendly the next day which the other half was playing in 3-0 and by god you’d have thought it was an fa cup game they went on… ironically they ended up relegated to l1 that coming season. 

one of them in particular used to switch between a Liverpool and pne scarf whenever it suited him best and Preston fans are well known for being plastic 2 team wankers yet have the audacity to call us plastics out of bitterness cause we took fans off them. 

I now live in Preston just up the road from deepdale down blackpool road I have worked in Preston for the last 5 years non stop despite doing work in Blackpool for a spell inbetween so have come to really find out how irritating knobbers are, they think they are something they ain’t, one win and it’s all roses for them until the next defeat, they are a lot more fickle than any rovers fan for sure. They have had way too much luck against us over the past 9 years so putting them back in their little box gives me huge satisfaction 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Ironically they are the biggest plastics, all support a big red club on the side 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, toogs said:

As a rovers fan (unbroken season ticket since 82) who has lived around Preston all my life, i can definitely confirm the above.

A year or two pre Jack was the first time i came across any genuine nobbers from Preston and i remember being quite surprised at their bile and bitterness towards ALL things Rovers.  They were a bit older than me so maybe it stemmed from encounters in the 70's or something but it was the kind of stuff you'd expect to encounter on the far side of Accrington back then.

To be fair they were always sound with me once they got to know me but i often wondered how they coped when the Rovers revolution started.

And if any of them became Ewood regulars (cheering on the opposition of course) 🤣

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Rovers, Dingles, Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool - all been in the PL

Preston - never got close. 

To be fair to them, losing two Championship Play Off Finals (2000/01 lost 3-0 to Bolton and 2004/05 lost 1-0 to West Ham) is pretty close.

Although you can add Huddersfield, Cardiff, Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Swansea all of whom were below, or even divisions below PNE last time they reached the Playoff Final in 2005, who've gone on to appear in the Premier League.

32 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

To be fair to them, losing two Championship Play Off Finals (2000/01 lost 3-0 to Bolton and 2004/05 lost 1-0 to West Ham) is pretty close.

Although you can add Huddersfield, Cardiff, Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Swansea all of whom were below, or even divisions below PNE last time they reached the Playoff Final in 2005, who've gone on to appear in the Premier League.

It’s not close if you’ve never scored a goal in a play-off final. 😉

Their fans are definitely worried ahead of this one. Took a quick look at their forum and there's no bluster this time about 'beating the Plastics', no excited 'these lot are shit haha' posts, no ridiculing of any of our players.

In the past they have been quick to call Scott Wharton, Travis, JRC, Dolan etc crap and allsorts, whilst being confident about winning the game. Not this time. There's actually very little mention of the game, which tells its own story.

Yuki, Mak, Cantwell and Duberry are coming for them, and they know it. Just hope we really show up this time in front of a big away following.

There have been too many times over the last 12 years where a big away support has been let down by a feeble display on the pitch. I think Eustace will have them ready and focused though, as we were at the wooden shed. He is showing a different type of mentality so far this season is Eustace, a winning one. I like that and long may it continue.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

That would be my pick, and have us looking like this in possession…

Pears

Carter   Batth   Hyam

Hedges   Travis  Sonny    Beck

Dolan

Gueye           Yuki

Appreciate this is a slight deviation from Eustace’s two #10’s but I’m dying to see what Gueye and Yuki could do as a big man, little man combo…🙌🏽

Agreed, sometimes you pick the right team for the job not necessarily the last team picked

• Like 2