BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everyone has know about this kick off for ages, plus so have the transport companies who should have put on extra trains. Also doesn't when train companies are cancelling trains at last minutes or road works happening. Plus more people will drive and there is plenty of space near the stadium to park. 

The fact of the matter with yourself is you are against this games being moved for this new TV deal which the EFL clubs wanted. 

Some people cant drive, dont want to drive, might want a few beers. So baring all that in mind, its irrelevant how much notice is given. 

12pm on a Sunday is a stupid kick off, seemingly its been stuck there because there is no SPL game, so at the cost of lots of inconvenienced match day fans. Always going to be hard to get to games if relying on public transport on a Sunday at that time. But not you though, so its ok.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Some people cant drive, dont want to drive, might want a few beers. So baring all that in mind, its irrelevant how much notice is given. 

12pm on a Sunday is a stupid kick off, seemingly its been stuck there because there is no SPL game, so at the cost of lots of inconvenienced match day fans. Always going to be hard to get to games if relying on public transport on a Sunday at that time. But not you though, so its ok.

My grandson, who has suddenly become really passionate about Rovers, would like to have gone to the game but it would be next to impossible for him to get there for 12-00 on public transport. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My grandson, who has suddenly become really passionate about Rovers, would like to have gone to the game but it would be next to impossible for him to get there for 12-00 on public transport. 

Not good enough from him. He has had prior warning from Sky as to the change which should solve those problems, apparently.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everyone has know about this kick off for ages, plus so have the transport companies who should have put on extra trains. Also doesn't when train companies are cancelling trains at last minutes or road works happening. Plus more people will drive and there is plenty of space near the stadium to park. 

The fact of the matter with yourself is you are against this games being moved for this new TV deal which the EFL clubs wanted. 

How are Northern going to put on extra trains when they are currently cancelling large numbers of trains on Sundays because of a shortage of staff?

• Like 2

Regarding notice that sky give, if they put a few games at 3am but gave 6 months notice, would that be ok?

Also, of course the whole situation isnt down to sky, clubs and the FA etc are all involved. But surely the choice of kick off is based on Sky's schedule, hence why some are moved seemingly dependant on if there is an SPL game. There has to be an element of responsibility on Sky to be reasonable with kick offs.

Dinner time on a Sunday is always going to make transport so difficult. Also, there were 6 games on from the EFL at the same time today at dinner. Why are 6 games needed at the same time?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not everyone fits into one category but Public transport companies could have helped by putting an extra train or 2, instead of cancelling 9.11am train or extra bus plus Rovers have provide transport for fans aswell. 

Yes Some people want a few beers which unless they are in Preston at 9/10am tomorrow you aren't getting that. 

You knew when the game was being played so arrangements could be put in place by fans. 

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

How are Northern going to put on extra trains when they are currently cancelling large numbers of trains on Sundays because of a shortage of staff?

Wouldn't have a clue about the trains to be honest but its been problems for years the lack of trains for away to Blackpool and PNE away in past years or not putting more than 2 carriages on for 

Why is the shortage of staff given the wage of a train driver? 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Regarding notice that sky give, if they put a few games at 3am but gave 6 months notice, would that be ok?

Also, of course the whole situation isnt down to sky, clubs and the FA etc are all involved. But surely the choice of kick off is based on Sky's schedule, hence why some are moved seemingly dependant on if there is an SPL game. There has to be an element of responsibility on Sky to be reasonable with kick offs.

Dinner time on a Sunday is always going to make transport so difficult. Also, there were 6 games on from the EFL at the same time today at dinner. Why are 6 games needed at the same time?

Presumably it’s Sky’s choice to ridiculously show 6 games simultaneously at Saturday 12:30, but just one on a Sunday.

Though saying that in the top flight isn’t it the PL themselves that set the PL broadcast slots that are then sold to the highest bidder. So it wouldn’t surprise you if that pathetic organisation called ‘the EFL’ have had a part in it.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Presumably it’s Sky’s choice to ridiculously show 6 games simultaneously at Saturday 12:30, but just one on a Sunday.

Though saying that in the top flight isn’t it the PL themselves that set the PL broadcast slots that are then sold to the highest bidder. So it wouldn’t surprise you if that pathetic organisation called ‘the EFL’ have had a part in it.

Sky couldn’t do it if the EFL hadn’t agreed to it.

As annoying as it is, I kind of accept this is a “move for Sky” scenario.

Next Saturday will piss me off more when we kick off at Ewood at 12.30 and yet we aren’t even on Sky TV. We are one of 2 other games available for “streaming” at 12.30 which clash with the televised Derby / Norwich game.

Ball ache for me as it takes up my Saturday morning and afternoon. Bigger ball ache for QPR fans. At least we had 8 weeks notice or whatever.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Given I work nights It would be perfect really but not for everyone. People worked a vast amount different hours and shifts nowadays. 

What the FA got to do with the TV deal between Sky and EFL? 

They were a great number of Sunday dinner time kick offs last season

There were 7 EFL games on this dinner time. That is what EFL and Sky wanted to do. EFL had to put more games for TV to get their revenue they wanted for TV rights. 

Its gives people option of watching different games like I did this dinner time when I watched Stanley vs Port Vale game instead of watching Sunderland vs Boro game

Any fans watching from abroad? We are in Corfu for the week so going to find a bar to watch it from here. Will be wearing the rovers shirt all day so hopefully find some other fellow rovers fans although the missus was not best pleased when I told her on the flight that we'd be searching for a bar to watch the game tomorrow haha

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t know where you have got that one from,the parking is a mare around deepdale

from parking there for years. I work in Preston and one of my mates lives around 5 minutes walk distance and I just park outside his house. Car is safe and secure. Then I can be home in 30 mins from Deepdale by avoiding Blackpool road and deepdale retail park traffic

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

from parking there for years. I work in Preston and one of my mates lives around 5 minutes and I just park outside his house. Car is safe and secure. Then I can be home in 30 mins from Deepdale 

Sounds dreadful. I’m at the Spread Eagle at Mellor for 9am full English and ale, a short walk down for the 11:07 No59 bus and a ten minute walk to the stadium. Return trip £2, happy days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Sounds dreadful. I’m at the Spread Eagle at Mellor for 9am full English and ale, a short walk down for the 11:07 No59 bus and a ten minute walk to the stadium. Return trip £2, happy days. 

not at all Josh. I will be home in 30 mins after the game finishes. Then watch PL football and a movie with the Mrs. 

47 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Chaddy, your missus is a lucky lady. Bet she can’t wait for you rush home so she can watch PL football with you. Hopefully she has your dinner ready. 😉

She loves watching football actually. dinner will be cooking in the slow cooker for several hours 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Hope the bus isn't full..