BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

I won’t be at the game tomorrow but can’t understand anyone who has planned to travel on Great British Rail (yes it soon will be) as that would be my last choice for guaranteed arrival in Preston. If you are not going by car/coach then it would be very risky relying on public transport on a Sunday morning. 

As for Sky moving games to non 3pm kickoffs it’s a triple edged sword. Some fans can’t attend/its a hassle. The club gets more money but more importantly it gives us more exposure and if we are doing well that will be invaluable. 

As for us OF’s who long for Saturday 3pm kick off times well we can cast them to distant memories. 

Good luck to all travelling and for a Rovers win. 

There is no way that the current situatuon regarding fixture changes can be justified.

Obviously it stems and a huge chunk of the blame lies at the feet of the EFL and clubs for selling themselves out. But Sky also are the ones who want to show the games at these times regardless of the impact of matchgoing fans so they take some blame too.

6 or 7 games on a Saturday at half is a joke and makes little sense. Thats not including the Premier League game which presumably will have the most viewers. Assuming those who dont watch mainly are people who dont have TNT, there is no reason why there should be more than 1 game on Sky. The League 1 and 2 games in particular, how many neutrals are genuinely watching those games (bar chaddy, obviously)? Yet thousands are being inconveniencee to allow it to happen.

Even if you said one game on a Saturday at half 12, one at half 5, 2 on Sunday (2 o clock and half 4) and at a push Monday and Friday night, you have got 6 slots there to play with. They should be split maybe as 3 Premier League games and 3 EFL games with only one game on in any slot. Two at a total maximum if they are on alternative channels.

They should get rid of the Sunday at 12 kick off slot, because public transport at that time even locally will really hinder people. Its only the case because there is no SPL game. So our game is moved at clear widespread inconvience just to fill a gap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

I won’t be at the game tomorrow but can’t understand anyone who has planned to travel on Great British Rail (yes it soon will be) as that would be my last choice for guaranteed arrival in Preston. If you are not going by car/coach then it would be very risky relying on public transport on a Sunday morning. 

As for Sky moving games to non 3pm kickoffs it’s a triple edged sword. Some fans can’t attend/its a hassle. The club gets more money but more importantly it gives us more exposure and if we are doing well that will be invaluable. 

As for us OF’s who long for Saturday 3pm kick off times well we can cast them to distant memories. 

Thats the problem though, its all geared towards more money for the club which invariably floats to the top, with fans being shafted as collateral damage.

It shouldnt be made so difficult for fans to attend such a local game using public transport.

Why is the exposure so important to us? And will tomorrows game being on Sky provide loads of exposure? Say we win, as soon as the full time whistle goes, the focus will be on the next game with constant reminders that City are playing Arsenal at half 4. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

As I posted last season, drive to Walton Le Dale Centre, leave your car on its massive free car park, get the shuttle bus to Preston bus station 10 minutes away, Easy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats the problem though, its all geared towards more money for the club which invariably floats to the top, with fans being shafted as collateral damage.

It shouldnt be made so difficult for fans to attend such a local game using public transport.

Why is the exposure so important to us? And will tomorrows game being on Sky provide loads of exposure? Say we win, as soon as the full time whistle goes, the focus will be on the next game with constant reminders that City are playing Arsenal at half 4. 

Fan’s being shafted? A bit of an exaggeration as we have sold out our allocation so those who have bought tickets have made their own mind up. If the clubs get extra income that compensates for lack of gate receipts. But I do get your point.

Sky clearly don’t look at the public transport schedules when agreeing their schedules. Issues with staffing on the trains have been causing bigger issues for a long time with folk trying to get to work on time. 

I maintain that any TV exposure is good. The game will be shown in pubs, bars and clubs not just in the UK but all over the world. If we impress that is good PR. If we only ever play non televised games at Ewood in front of our local but loyal fans we don’t get that chance to impress. 

I had a dream last night that we went 2-0 up in the first five minutes.

Big Mak netted from just outside the box straight from kick off then Dolqn with the second, nicking the ball from one of their players, beating the next defender before slotting it into the bottom corner.

Hopefully this wasn't just a dream and it was some sort of divine prophecy bestowed upon me from God.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Fan’s being shafted? A bit of an exaggeration as we have sold out our allocation so those who have bought tickets have made their own mind up. If the clubs get extra income that compensates for lack of gate receipts. But I do get your point.

Sky clearly don’t look at the public transport schedules when agreeing their schedules. Issues with staffing on the trains have been causing bigger issues for a long time with folk trying to get to work on time. 

I maintain that any TV exposure is good. The game will be shown in pubs, bars and clubs not just in the UK but all over the world. If we impress that is good PR. If we only ever play non televised games at Ewood in front of our local but loyal fans we don’t get that chance to impress. 

Of course they are being shafted, loads of people are being inconvenienced, no thought is given to how difficult it then becomes to get to the game. Obviously there are massive issues with public transport, but leave tomorrows game at 3pm (still on TV) like most Sunday Championship games are and it becomes miles easier for supporters to travel over even if a train or 2 is cancelled. There have been regular instances where 2 northern teams have had games at Wembley in cup conpetitions where it has been impossible to go down on the train due to stupid kick off times, it should be considered when selecting games and times.

I think you overestimate the potential good publicity and its importance. Especially domestically, we are merely a gap filler in a day of football where the whole focus is on the City v Arsenal game. But even if it did make people sit up and take notice, what tangible benefit will come from people praising us for winning a game away at Preston.

I dont ask that we are never on TV. I of course watch plenty of football on TV myself, but we are well beyond the point of putting matches on whilst trying as best as they can to not disrupt match going fans. Multiple games all on at the same time, (including League 1 and 2 games that very few neutral fans would consider due to the range of options) kick off times and selections that cause serious issues around getting to games, and also often a situation where a club is repeatedly selected to move kick off times because there are no limits on showing the same team repeatedly, especially consectively. Was it the season before last where we had 1 home 3pm game in 4 or 5 months?

Your point on people buying anyway, unfortunately that is part of the reason why prices of both tickets and TV packages keep going up. The loyalty of football fans can be taken advantage of.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is no way that the current situatuon regarding fixture changes can be justified.

Obviously it stems and a huge chunk of the blame lies at the feet of the EFL and clubs for selling themselves out. But Sky also are the ones who want to show the games at these times regardless of the impact of matchgoing fans so they take some blame too.

6 or 7 games on a Saturday at half is a joke and makes little sense. Thats not including the Premier League game which presumably will have the most viewers. Assuming those who dont watch mainly are people who dont have TNT, there is no reason why there should be more than 1 game on Sky. The League 1 and 2 games in particular, how many neutrals are genuinely watching those games (bar chaddy, obviously)? Yet thousands are being inconveniencee to allow it to happen.

Even if you said one game on a Saturday at half 12, one at half 5, 2 on Sunday (2 o clock and half 4) and at a push Monday and Friday night, you have got 6 slots there to play with. They should be split maybe as 3 Premier League games and 3 EFL games with only one game on in any slot. Two at a total maximum if they are on alternative channels.

They should get rid of the Sunday at 12 kick off slot, because public transport at that time even locally will really hinder people. Its only the case because there is no SPL game. So our game is moved at clear widespread inconvience just to fill a gap.

The PL and EFL tv deals are completely different things. 

The PL tv deals is sold in 6 or 7 different packages with any TV company able to buy them. 

EFL has the chance to make every game available through the DAZN. Wonder what you think if that deal had happened. The EFL clubs wanted more money for that more games were needed plus League 1 and 2 clubs wanted more TV exposure. Maybe EFL should allow games on Saturday and Sunday at 8pm like La Liga does? Sky have made a massive investment in the EFL and it's clubs. 

I watched Stanley game cos it's local team. Thats all. 

It's not fault of clubs or Sky either cos rail companies don't have the drivers or trains to put on extra ones on. Most people will travel by cars or coaches to these local games. Anyone who is travelling to this game this morning, I recommend to anyone you park near St Gregory Catholic church on their roads near there. Then after that head towards to Ribchester or Junction 31a to get on the M6 then the M65..much easier journey back

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The PL and EFL tv deals are completely different things. 

The PL tv deals is sold in 6 or 7 different packages with any TV company able to buy them. 

EFL has the chance to make every game available through the DAZN. Wonder what you think if that deal had happened. The EFL clubs wanted more money for that more games were needed plus League 1 and 2 clubs wanted more TV exposure. Maybe EFL should allow games on Saturday and Sunday at 8pm like La Liga does? Sky have made a massive investment in the EFL and it's clubs. 

I watched Stanley game cos it's local team. Thats all. 

It's not fault of clubs or Sky either cos rail companies don't have the drivers or trains to put on extra ones on. Most people will travel by cars or coaches to these local games. Anyone who is travelling to this game this morning, I recommend to anyone you park near St Gregory Catholic church on their roads near there. Then after that head towards to Ribchester or Junction 31a to get on the M6 then the M65..much easier journey back

Well that is your opinion.

One prediction that will certainly come true.

The Rovers subs bench today will be the strongest most impressive and most experienced we have had since we were in the Premier League.

My loving devoted fans will be appreciating the hyperbolic adjectives.

My team for today….

Pears

Brittain    Carter.  Hyam.    Beck

Trav.    Sonny

Hedges.    Dolan.     Weimann

Gueye 

Subs - Toth, JRC, Batth, Pickering, Buckley, Baker, ACD, Cantwell, Yuki

Yuki really unlucky not to start but Mak is better suited to the lone striker role, especially away from home. I think other than Pickering who cannot take Becks spot, a lot of the team selection will rely on ‘how fit’ those returning are. How fit are Brittain and Weimann to start? I wouldn’t be against starting with the same team as last week.

Yuki to come on at 60 mins and score the winner. Cantwell and ACD on from 70 mins.

PNE 1-2 Rovers 

Edited by Paul Mani

‘More money for clubs’ = ‘more money for players and agents’

And as for ‘more exposure’ this deal hasn’t done that anyway. The majority of the extra games in this deal all KO at the same time - 12.30 on a Saturday. So not sure how much extra exposure the fifth game kicking off at that time gets over if there was just one.

The fans are the losers in this deal, as always.