BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

This could possibly be a thread on its own but are away games unofficialy “sit where you want?”

When I first started going away in the early noughties, people generally took their allocated seat, although sometimes stewards would say “sit where you want” if we’d only sold around 60% of the allocation.

Nowadays, some people seem to have the view that away games are always “sit where you want” whilst others are quite angry about someone being in their seat. I’ve had it at a few games where someone is in my seat refusing to move so I go to another empty seat where someone then gets really arsey because I’m in their seat. 

i understand that no one actually “sits” at away games but personally I like to stand in the seat I’ve been allocated.

So for those of you going today: will you head to your allocated seat or just go where you want? 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is the fault of the EFL/clubs mainly and also Sky, of course it is. Knowing the limitations of public transport, they should ensure as much as possible that match going fans arent left with as many difficulties attending games as they are.

If it wasn't Sky it would be another TV company doing the exactly same thing. 

Yet nearly 6k Rovers fans going today. Is the limitations of Public transport affecting them or is it the problem of Sky or EFL? The rail company had plenty of notice to put on extra trains. Thats on them. 

It isnt really increasing exposure by sticking on a league 1 or league 2 game as one of 7 all on at the same time.

See my reply to Mattyblue. look at Monday night EFL game which would never been on TV normally 

Spain has a totally different culture which is incomparable. During the day, it is too hot to have the same kick offs as we do over here. 

Really? 

4 games played yesterday. One at 1pm, one at 3.15pm, one at 5.30pm and one at 8pm. Same schedule today. 

3 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

This could possibly be a thread on its own but are away games unofficialy “sit where you want?”

When I first started going away in the early noughties, people generally took their allocated seat, although sometimes stewards would say “sit where you want” if we’d only sold around 60% of the allocation.

Nowadays, some people seem to have the view that away games are always “sit where you want” whilst others are quite angry about someone being in their seat. I’ve had it at a few games where someone is in my seat refusing to move so I go to another empty seat where someone then gets really arsey because I’m in their seat. 

i understand that no one actually “sits” at away games but personally I like to stand in the seat I’ve been allocated.

So for those of you going today: will you head to your allocated seat or just go where you want? 

Allocated seat.

I'll just make sure I get in it 20 mins or so before kick off. Plenty will still be at the bar/bog. 

9 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I can't remember the last time I went to my actual seat

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

14 ?? robbing gets , couple of you cheaper in uber. 

It would roughly cost you the same amount for a uber(taxi) for 4 off us and you get a full breakfast and few beers before the game then post game a few more beers and Sunday roast for tea before heading home. Those were the days pre covid for myself and others

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet nearly 6k Rovers fans going today. Is the limitations of Public transport affecting them or is it the problem of Sky or EFL? The rail company had plenty of notice to put on extra trains. Thats on them. 

The rail companies aren’t obliged to pander to the travel whims of football fans, so how can it be ‘on them’?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

The rail companies aren’t obliged to pander to the travel whims of football fans, so how can it be ‘on them’?

No, but these days everything is run as a business, and the only kinds of business that turn guaranteed customers away are those heading for abject failure. I mean, it's not like Rovers would ever do anything to discourage walk ons, new fans, fans turning up hungry and thirsty.... oh, hang on.

Anyway, let's 'do the business' on the pitch first, and worry about the headaches that causes for our backroom buffoons after.

COYB!

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

There is a lot of international interest in televising today's game = international exposure.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4966221/preston-north-end-vs-blackburn-rovers/

I wonder if Rovers marketing folk have detected any attention from the Japanese media, in our free-scoring sensation? 

Is Rovers 'a thing' in Thailand, Mark, or are we lost amongst the flotsam and jetsom of international football favouritism?

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Wouldn't it make them more money for rail companies if they schedule extra trains for football fans to get around the UK on weekends then. People keep saying we need to use public transport more so make it more accessible to people(not for this section that debate by the way)

6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I wonder if Rovers marketing folk have detected any attention from the Japanese media, in our free-scoring sensation? 

Is Rovers 'a thing' in Thailand, Mark, or are we lost amongst the flotsam and jetsom of international football favouritism?

It may be just imagination but Japan appear to pick up more Rovers games than previously.

I am aware if but not in contact with a small group of Thai Rovers fans.

Back in the day it was not unusual to see a Rovers shirt being proudly worn even in remote areas. Not so today.

Locally it's still pro Liverpool, who first visited here decades ago, followed by the usual suspects of Man U, City and whomever else is doing well.

It's heavily PL, I'm not aware of local TV doing EFL games live.

• Like 1

Litmus test for Eustace today.  For those of us who have toiled with following Rovers for many year, we know that this is a big game.  Typically, with interest on the rise, sell out following, game on TV and results going well, this means an abject performance is coming.  Hopefully Eustace and his players can buck the trend.  Hiw dirty will knob end be today. 

I still maintain that the shithouse who gave Dacky that extra nudge as he went out of touch is what contributed to his injury and the begining of the end for Bradley 

Let's smash em.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Without getting into the politics on this thread, there aren't enough staff to work the normally timetabled trains on Sundays,  let alone any additional services.

31 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Think we come away with the points today.  

My only concern is that it goes Pears shaped at some point. 

Agree. A strong win but we will concede sadly. Can't see a clean sheet with pears in goal 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course they are being shafted, loads of people are being inconvenienced, no thought is given to how difficult it then becomes to get to the game. Obviously there are massive issues with public transport, but leave tomorrows game at 3pm (still on TV) like most Sunday Championship games are and it becomes miles easier for supporters to travel over even if a train or 2 is cancelled. There have been regular instances where 2 northern teams have had games at Wembley in cup conpetitions where it has been impossible to go down on the train due to stupid kick off times, it should be considered when selecting games and times.

I think you overestimate the potential good publicity and its importance. Especially domestically, we are merely a gap filler in a day of football where the whole focus is on the City v Arsenal game. But even if it did make people sit up and take notice, what tangible benefit will come from people praising us for winning a game away at Preston.

I dont ask that we are never on TV. I of course watch plenty of football on TV myself, but we are well beyond the point of putting matches on whilst trying as best as they can to not disrupt match going fans. Multiple games all on at the same time, (including League 1 and 2 games that very few neutral fans would consider due to the range of options) kick off times and selections that cause serious issues around getting to games, and also often a situation where a club is repeatedly selected to move kick off times because there are no limits on showing the same team repeatedly, especially consectively. Was it the season before last where we had 1 home 3pm game in 4 or 5 months?

Your point on people buying anyway, unfortunately that is part of the reason why prices of both tickets and TV packages keep going up. The loyalty of football fans can be taken advantage of.

Totally fans are being sharfted. Look at what time we have to set off for Watford away.

Thats going to be a fun trip…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Without getting into the politics on this thread, there aren't enough staff to work the normally timetabled trains on Sundays,  let alone any additional services.

Perhaps put more carriages on the train ?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Think we come away with the points today.  

My only concern is that it goes Pears shaped at some point. 

Things could get yuki today but it would be a travis-ty if we didn't win

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It is the fault of the EFL/clubs mainly and also Sky, of course it is. Knowing the limitations of public transport, they should ensure as much as possible that match going fans arent left with as many difficulties attending games as they are.

It isnt really increasing exposure by sticking on a league 1 or league 2 game as one of 7 all on at the same time.

Spain has a totally different culture which is incomparable. During the day, it is too hot to have the same kick offs as we do over here. 

Do you think they schedule matches at various times so they get international exposure? Seems quite a lot of planning without considering international time zones!