BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I can't remember the last time I went to my actual seat

I remember Plymouth away last year. A group turned up 15 mins after kick off and insisted on their seats. Stewards told them to sit anywhere and proceeded to tell them, they should of arrived earlier! 

For safety reasons, just sit anywhere.

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Agree. A strong win but we will concede sadly. Can't see a clean sheet with pears in goal 

Apparently Southampton are sniffing around Eustace.

It would be better for him to get some success on his cv, preferably with Rovers, than for some cash-wallowing competitor to try to steal him based on a short run of positive form. Pathetic how little actual talent there appears to be swimming around in the management pool.

Hands OFF, Southampton scum!

COYB!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t really argue with that. I’m surprised the young winger isn’t on the bench but there’s only so many places. I suppose Brittain must still be injured ?

Which winger

• Like 1

I still don't think Baker is a winger, if it's unchanged from last week, can't help but feel Dolan right, Hedges left Baker through the middle has a better balance to it, I have to say I'm looking forward to Cantwell getting up and running

Hard to complain after the last game, I'd probably start Gueye but you can't drop Yuki after those goals... When was the last time we had that kind of striker problem? Trying to fit Rhodes, Gestede and King in the same lineup?

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Apparently Southampton are sniffing around Eustace.

It would be better for him to get some success on his cv, preferably with Rovers, than for some cash-wallowing competitor to try to steal him based on a short run of positive form. Pathetic how little actual talent there appears to be swimming around in the management pool.

Hands OFF, Southampton scum!

COYB!

That nomark south coast Club are starting to become rather irritating.

• Like 2

Just now, AspRover said:

I still don't think Baker is a winger, if it's unchanged from last week, can't help but feel Dolan right, Hedges left Baker through the middle has a better balance to it, I have to say I'm looking forward to Cantwell getting up and running

Baker won’t play as a winger. There’s been quite a lot of discussion on the forum on how Eustace likes his full backs and wide players to operate. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Any news on Siggy? Reports suggested he was unwell last week but expected him in the squad today

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/22/team-news--preston-north-end-v-rovers/

Seems to indicate that whilst Brittain & Sigurdsson are back in training (as per Eustace earlier this week), they were not fit enough for today.  To be honest, if they are only at say 80-90%, why bring them back early when we can already name that bench?

Edited by KentExile

I'd argue strongest bench we've had since league 1 promotion or before. If brittain /Siggy fit a couple of those players miss out on squad..

Carter RB is a good shout (even if forced) as a physical preston team. Just not sure if Baker is best to start, lets hope he makes subs early if needed.

Cmon Yuki your position to keep now!

• Like 2

Just now, DackDackGoose said:

I'd argue strongest bench we've had since league 1 promotion or before. If brittain /Siggy fit a couple of those players miss out on squad..

Carter RB is a good shout (even if forced) as a physical preston team. Just not sure if Baker is best to start, lets hope he makes subs early if needed.

Cmon Yuki your position to keep now!

Yep. Squad is actually looking decent. And we have players to come back in Siggy and Callum.

Come on Rovers!