BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Dolan and Baker off, Gueye and Cozier-Duberry on for me.

Dolan in particular has had a stinker.

I'll be very curious to see what Eustace does at half time.

The team selection clearly hasn't worked and the nature of the game has changed with that red card. Does he take the game by the scruff of the neck and take off underperforming players, or does he leave it for 10 / 15 minutes?

Personally I'd be going with Gueye and the Brighton lad on from half time. 

• Like 2

Pheew. Good saves by Pears. Been good again today. Really really need to shake things up at half time and change tactics. If Preston park the bus we need the strenght of Big Mak and the creativity from Cantwell (if fit) to brake them down.

And a big thumbs up to Owen Beck. Once again he is dependable, creative, determined and I could go on and on. Just a truly great signing. Way to good for this level of football.

Now on to win this!

• Like 2

Just now, Devon Rover said:

Doesn't change the fact he has reverted to type and looks both out of his depth and like he is so desperate to impress he ends up looking like a joke. We have far better options.

I don't disagree he's had a poor half. He was a post width away from being a hero again though. Fine lines. I'd give him 10 mins or so to see if he can have a more positive impact. 

Red card changes the calculations  completely... Gueye on is a no brainer... Cozier - Duberry as well to run at them.

But we need someone to come in and pass the ball well as they will sit deep.  Is Cantwell fit enough? Will he be disciplined to come deep and pickup the ball? Feels like we should give it a go with the extra man.

• Like 3

That was an awful 45 minutes and we were lucky to go in nil nil against ten men. Need to change to up second half, get Gueye, Cantwell and the baby Saka on. 

Oh, and if anyone knows the prick who through that object from our fans give him a smack. 

• Like 2

Not the same team is it. I can only assume most of our players had a drink last night.

Too many touches going forward, too many poor passes, no pace to the attack. Wide players especially slow. Baker not making decisions quickly enough.

Dolan has been particularly poor. And if we're going to hoof it get Big Mak on instead. Duberry running at their defence would be helpful too.

And who was that moron who threw a lighter on the pitch leading to a retake of the corner and them almost scoring. Why would you do that?

If we carry on playing as bad as we are I can't see the red card making much difference. We won't beat 9 men.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

They’ve set up well and we can’t pass through them so we keep launching it. It’s a game for Gueye. 

Pears excellent.

Dolan and Hedges particularly bad. I’d bring the younger winger on. 

I’d sub Carter before the ref evens it up.

Yeah Carter need to keep calm but sub him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'll be very curious to see what Eustace does at half time.

The team selection clearly hasn't worked and the nature of the game has changed with that red card. Does he take the game by the scruff of the neck and take off underperforming players, or does he leave it for 10 / 15 minutes?

Personally I'd be going with Gueye and the Brighton lad on from half time. 

The team selection has worked as PNE have offered no threat apart from the last couple of minutes. We’re away from home and not losing. He may change it now as they are down to ten.

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Red card changes the calculations  completely... Gueye on is a no brainer... Cozier - Duberry as well to run at them.

But we need someone to come in and pass the ball well as they will sit deep.  Is Cantwell fit enough? Will he be disciplined to come deep and pickup the ball? Feels like we should give it a go with the extra man.

Agree with Gueye on, but not sure there is going to be a lot of space for ACD to run at them.

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

They’ve set up well and we can’t pass through them so we keep launching it. It’s a game for Gueye. 

Pears excellent.

Dolan and Hedges particularly bad. I’d bring the younger winger on. 

I’d sub Carter before the ref evens it up.

Yeah Carter need to keep calm but sub him.