BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I really wouldn't even consider leaving Ohashi out. His mobility is better than that of Gueye and in a game in which I believe there will be few chances his goal to chances ratio is far better than any other player. Gueye is a decent option off the bench depending on how things go.

Certainly agree with your first and most important sentence, you cant after Saturday.

I think Gueye is quicker though, Ohashi is quite slow although clearly very good in front of goal.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

i guess it will come down to who is fit and trains this week. Doesn’t sound like Brittain will make it but Pickering and Weimann might.

Flip of a coin on Mak and Ohashi. I’ve gone for Mak because I think he leads the line better but that would be incredibly harsh on Ohashi. Will accept the managers take on it. Would love to see them together

I reckon…

Pears

Carter.   Batth.   Hyam.   Beck

Travis.   Sonny

Weimann     Dolan     Hedges

Mak

Subs - Toth, JRC, Mcfadz, Pick, Buckley, Baker, Cantwell, ACD, Ohashi

PNE 1 - 2 Rovers

If they’re all fully fit I’d expect that to be our starting line up.

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Rovers on form. Sold out away end. High expectations. Local derby.

I feel I've seen this one before. 🙄

Hopefully Eustace can end the terrible lack of wins we have in local derbys. 

I am feeling the same as I read lots of posts expecting to win. However I'm confident now that the people that matter most in this respect, the staff and players will be fully prepared and have a plan to get a result. Winning there would be sweet and it's about time we saw them scurrying home and starting a 'Heckingbottom out' campaign. 😄

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I am feeling the same as I read lots of posts expecting to win. However I'm confident now that the people that matter most in this respect, the staff and players will be fully prepared and have a plan to get a result. Winning there would be sweet and it's about time we saw them scurrying home and starting a 'Heckingbottom out' campaign. 😄

We'll obviously lose and hit a sticky run at some point (hopefully not against the nobbers!), but it feels to me that we've become a much harder team to beat.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

We'll obviously lose and hit a sticky run at some point (hopefully not against the nobbers!), but it feels to me that we've become a much harder team to beat.

It's inevitable we will lose at some point but I will be interested to see how we react. A fundamental difference between the two recent managers for me is that Eustace appears to know how to get a result and the experience he has in the squad will certainly help in this respect.

• Like 1

2-2 or 3-2 win is my prediction. Excellent effort on the tickets being sold. I don't see how us drawing to Burnley away will then see us lose to PNE away. Cant see us losing this one. JE is harry potter. Absolute magician. Gueye bags one with his head, whether he starts or comes on. 

• Like 2

Not had the full end c5500 over there for a while so a good effort considering daft TV kick off o'clock.

Hopefully it fires the boys up because it'll be another full blooded encounter.

Pears to make a blinding near post save in the last min after Hedgey has gone through at the other end and buried it in the bottom corner !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If they’re all fully fit I’d expect that to be our starting line up.

I'd have Brittain in assuming he's fully fit. I know he has his weak points but he's already assisted two in his four games so far, and the onus will be on us to do more with the ball here against a team who aren't as obsessed by possession. 

That's no slight on Carter who has looked pretty decent going forward, both at right back and when he was still a centre back against Derby. I think PNE play with wing backs though, so I'd be happier with an attacking full back like Brittain trying to pin back his opposite number. 

One too many times in the past we have been bullied by prestons physicality, with rovers being quite a shortish team in previous seasons.

They have had one above us far too many times, we need to put these ankle biting, bitter, prem virgins to the blue and white sword of Lancashire number 1 team.

Although normally I would agree to keep the same team on following a 3-0 win, I think in this case it's a little different, we are "bussling" with quality and I would most certainly put gueye up top, his physicality is something we need against a team like preston, let's push and shove them a little more instead, like we did at the Jeremy kyle dome.

I have every faith in J.E to make the right selections and to respect this as a derby, even though we don't class nobbers as one, if you've ever worked with them, they get a serious hard on over beating us, they can't contain their joy, they are so bitter and twisted and to stick it to them sunday and have them panicking in the relagation zone from a rovers win would be fantastic and just what they need to put them back into their little holes.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Great support from the fanbase to sell completely out and taking over 5k there shows what Eustace has done this season. 

Well done to the fans again 👏

biggest away following at sheepdale since lamberts first game i believe🙂

you always knew what to expect from ryan lowes pne,a bunch of cloggers who got the ball in the box quickly.heckinbottom is smarter tactically and a better manager,this won`t be easy and we can`t afford an off day

• Like 2