BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

With the number of subs these days and players being much fitter, 11 vs 10 isn’t the advantage it used to be. More concerning was the lack of creativity, I was especially disappointed with the impact of Cantwell and the young winger. First half I thought our problem was Pears’s complete indecision every time he had the ball making everyone just drop back and face their own goal, whereas Preston’s keeper had excellent decisive distribution.

Beck doing an Andy Todd was just daft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Pears was very good today. Beyond that, there wasn't a lot to be pleased about. We seemed really clueless going forward and never looked like threatening to score. A lot of work needed and time for some switches of personnel. Dolan and Hedges should be options from the bench. Baker is a square peg in a round hole unless coming in for Travis or Sondre. We've got a lot that's encouraging but that fluency in the final third was a long way off, today.

We still lack quality in the wide areas, and don’t have the creativity when teams sit deep against us. 

hopefully cantwell can help with the creativity side of things

• Like 1

Dull game where neither team would have scored if they played another hour. I was glad when the whistle went to be honest, pears played very well today, kicking atrocious but positioning and shot stopping where very good. He was man of the match . Not much to add except I can’t believe how many cards where handed out

• Like 2

Just now, waynerovers said:

That's a bit harsh 

I don't think it is, he's an awful footballer, as soon as cantwell and cozier are fit, he will be out of the team, he's awful.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, cesus said:

Pretty certain Beck got bit then.

Should have been sent off even if the bite wasn't spotted. Thug that lad. Hopefully a lengthy suspension coming when the bite is assessed.

I assume Beck was trying to show them the actual bite mark. If one was visible, then the officials are absolute fucking morons for not sending the guy straight off, as it's concrete proof.

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

I was especially disappointed with the impact of Cantwell and the young winger.

Cantwell yes, but ACD looks class to me. He'll be a regular fixture soon enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

With the number of subs these days and players being much fitter, 11 vs 10 isn’t the advantage it used to be. More concerning was the lack of creativity, I was especially disappointed with the impact of Cantwell and the young winger. First half I thought our problem was Pears’s complete indecision every time he had the ball making everyone just drop back and face their own goal, whereas Preston’s keeper had excellent decisive distribution.

Beck doing an Andy Todd was just daft.

It's the 5 subs that are the problem. You can't wear teams down now.

Unless you catch a team out with a switch of play, the extra man doesn't really factor in defensively. 

• Like 1

We were poor today but we have had a great start to the season. It’s not going to be great every week. I am taking the positives from that, that we still seem very difficult to beat, even during our worst performance. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, aletheia said:

You consistently talk drivel about refs.

Always the refs fault 

For me Cantwells booking was ridiculous and he missed an obvious one for one of theirs but the bookings and red we did get otherwise were pretty obvious and most refs will give them.

The bite is disgusting and will obviously be a long ban but he clearly hasn’t seen it or would have sent him off, either way Beck would have been off as well. 

Focus should be our inability to create anything today 

• Like 3