BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Always the refs fault 

For me Cantwells booking was ridiculous and he missed an obvious one for one of theirs but the bookings and red we did get otherwise were pretty obvious and most refs will give them.

The bite is disgusting and will obviously be a long ban but he clearly hasn’t seen it or would have sent him off, either way Beck would have been off as well. 

Focus should be our inability to create anything today 

They're paid professionals - do you not expect them to be better?

Perhaps you don't. 

I think eventually we will see Cantwell as number 10 and Duberry on the right…

More than happy to be on the points tally we are with still these lads to be up to speed… Hopefully we have a left winger in mind in January.

Dolan, Hedges are subs for me - They can still both make an impact off the bench.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

Can’t complain with a point away from home I suppose. A bit of an anticlimax after looking forward to this all week. At least the invincible season is still on  🤣

Excellent saves from Pears. Dolan unlucky to crack the post.

Shame we didn’t push on and win when we brought Cantwell and ACD on.

Preston really are an ugly cunt of a club aren’t they.

RTID

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Unbeaten away in our 2 big derby’s, unbeaten in 6 overall.

I've never considered Preston a big derby. It is for them, of course, because they're a bunch of weirdos.

That's evident by the way they were carrying on today. It was as though it was their biggest game of the season.

• Like 4

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They're paid professionals - do you not expect them to be better?

Perhaps you don't. 

I don’t expect them to be flawless so prefer to focus more on what we (the royal we) can make better

I Do think the ref should be quizzed on his reaction to the bite, no doubt about Becks red but he clearly tells the ref he’s been bit, the evidence should be there to see and he should have at least consulted with the Lino 

• Like 2

I wasn't able to see the game today but it sounds like we didn't play that well and a draw was about right, with some poor officiating again. 

3 tough away games and we haven't lost any of them. And 3 home wins out of 3. Very happy with that start. 

Need to get Cantwell and Duberry in the starting line up ASAP. They are the two who can unlock defences.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

No, the Sky interviewer has seen the bite mark. Beck was in with the officials showing them the bite mark. 

he’ll get banned for a long time the scum bag 

Their fans seem to be condemning it from what I've seen.

I think it's already generated enough heat for them to be forced to give him a lengthy ban if they weren't already going to do so. You can't have players biting other players. What a disgrace.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t expect them to be flawless so prefer to focus more on what we (the royal we) can make better

I Do think the ref should be quizzed on his reaction to the bite, no doubt about Becks red but he clearly tells the ref he’s been bit, the evidence should be there to see and he should have at least consulted with the Lino 

Had either of them seen it he would have had a red card. No way the linesman sees it but doesn’t draw it to the ref’s attention.  There was a lot going on & it’s only the reverse side angle from the other side of the pitch that is definitive.

• Like 1

Bizarre as it sounds delighted with a point against 10 man knobbers. 

We still struggle against teams of cloggers. The JDT effect not completely out of the system?

These refs cant cope with the rough stuff and we seem to be on the receiving end of a lot of it!

Plaudits to Pears on the derby clean sheet. Like the look of a bigger back line with Brittain & Pickering out of the picture(though will be needed later on). 

Hopefully Dolan improves after his (perhaps expected) poor performance against Preston of all teams

cos Cantwell looks miles off it in the cameo.

Maybe Cantwell is one for 2025 ?

• Like 1

In isolation, we were poor at breaking them down, lacked any creativity or game plan and after their red we will be disappointed with only a point. 

Wider picture, sat in 4th unbeaten across 6 games and it’s another point away from home. 
Just need to churn out 3 points consistently in our winnable home matches, like QPR next. 

• Like 1

I do feel Gueye is better starting than Ohashi.  Although Ohashi the better player. 

We set up to play on the break.  Today when they went down a man, bringing Gueye on against a back 5 was never going to move the needle. 

• Like 2

Poor game, but despite having the extra man advantage for a large period I'm quite content with the point. Preston look like they're going to really struggle for goals based on that performance. Rovers were poor, and yet quite possibly could have nicked it had Dolan's chance gone in. Fine margins.

Another solid defensive display, and a 2nd clean sheet in a row. We look a tough side to score against right now, and limited Preston to long ranged efforts.

The main criticism is that we didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck when they went down to 10. Felt that Dolan could've been hooked a lot earlier as he was not having a good game at all. Would've liked to have seen Cantwell and Cozier-Duberry get more game time. Also, why are we persisting with short corners AFTER bringing on Gueye?? GET. IT. IN. THE. MIXER!

Shame we'll lose Beck for 3 games but I felt the ref did an good job at handling both red cards. Osmajic should get a lengthy ban, he seriously lost his head. 10 games minimum I'd have though.

Unbeaten league run still intact. QPR are having an indifferent start to the season so next Saturday is definitely winnable at Ewood.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Bizarre as it sounds delighted with a point against 10 man knobbers. 

We still struggle against teams of cloggers. The JDT effect not completely out of the system?

JDT effect? This goes back as far as Mowbray but at least we're keeping clean sheets now.

• Like 1

I’m one of Pears biggest critics, but his performance today ensured we at least got a point. I know it’s what we should expect from our keeper, but apart from Dolan hitting the post, we never looked like scoring, so Pears saves today were vital and deservedly our MoM.

Dolan for me now needs to drop to the bench. He struts around like he should be first name on the team sheet, but offers so little. Ohashi or Weimann in that 10 role against QPR.

Gueye, when available must start. His presence is vital. Just needs to work on his shooting. 

• Like 4