BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

I think PNE did really well when they went down to 10 to be honest. They kept stretching us despite being a man down and were a lot more attack minded than I expected.

Thought Hyam was poor today and Beck had a very mixed game. Pears and Carter were good. Thought Hedges made some really bad decisions and needed to get his head up. I don’t know why we don’t sit crosses up in the box when Gueye is on, really need to work on that as he will score headers for fun.

Need to see some replays on some of the incidents, but the ref was obviously going to send one of ours off.

Slightly disappointing we didn’t take all three points, but by no means a bad result.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t expect them to be flawless so prefer to focus more on what we (the royal we) can make better

I Do think the ref should be quizzed on his reaction to the bite, no doubt about Becks red but he clearly tells the ref he’s been bit, the evidence should be there to see and he should have at least consulted with the Lino 

Agreed..the ref should check Beck, fine send him off whatever but check Beck and see a bite mark and then immediately send the other fella off. Really obvious. Shouldn't be on the pitch.

I hope he gets a long term ban like Suarez and Becks red gets overturned

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Agreed..the ref should check Beck, fine send him off whatever but check Beck and see a bite mark and then immediately send the other fella off. Really obvious. Shouldn't be on the pitch.

Why would Becks get overturned? He was bitten after he had needlessly kicked their player about 5 seconds after the whistle. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Can’t see that happening. Nor do I think it should.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

No, the Sky interviewer has seen the bite mark. Beck was in with the officials showing them the bite mark. 

he’ll get banned for a long time the scum bag 

Absolutely beyond belief that the officials have seen the bite mark and not carded the cunt. What did they think, he bit his own back?!?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, booth said:

Social media overtime dude needs a raise.

Lol.

Screenshot2024-09-22at14_57_03.thumb.png.f93b3974d860c2a74e7d9b8c3bbdec23.png

Overtime? Given how poor the youth team updates are on social media, I'm not sure they're even putting in a full normal shift each week.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Absolutely beyond belief that the officials have seen the bite mark and not carded the cunt. What did they think, he bit his own back?!?

Championship officials I guess. Hopefully the guy gets a long term ban

• Like 1

Missed most of the game but just catching up now. 

What a horrible, disgraceful set of ****s PNE. The tackle for the red was horrific and a player biting another is a whole new level of disgraceful.

Hope he gets a lengthy ban, Saurez got 10 games (if I remember correctly), so no reason for this guy to get any less.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t know why we don’t sit crosses up in the box when Gueye is on, really need to work on that as he will score headers for fun.

Has Gueye been provided with a single heading opportunity at goal in the league yet?

Rubbish game, we didn't move the ball quick enough and ask enough questions. Fair play to them, they did to us what we did to Burnley.

Absolutely awful ref. Up there with one of the worst I've seen. Killed the game for both teams. Lost control completely.

Flag looked decent on Sky at least. 

IMG-20240922-WA0008.jpg

Edited by Neal
  • Like 5

That ref was awful once again. First card was on 10 minutes (in a derby match ffs). That set the precedent. Towards the end I may as well have been playing Canasta as watching football. They only red card of the day was the biter. 

We were second best to a poor PNE side throughout but gained a point thanks to Aynsley.  Still 4th and unbeaten 😊

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Silas said:

Got to be a lengthy ban surely. Suarez got 4 months.

If the EFL don’t deal with it, then Beck and Rovers should involve the police.

• Like 3

I would have taken a point at kick off to be honest but the way the game panned out I feeling quite disappointed. For me it was our worst performance of the season as we were far too insipid and lacked and real intensity or cutting edge. We simply didn't take advantage of them going down to ten and in truth we hardly laid a glove on them. We were ponderous and took too many touches in possession. A strong area of Eustace's management so far has been his substitutions but today I thought he left them a touch late. After Beck was sent off they grabbed the initiative and we were hanging on in the end. Once again we will be talking about the officials though and I thought, whilst it was a tough match they caused problems for themselves. The melee from the first red card was preventable if the referee had shown the card immediately. In my experience nothing calms players down like a card being shown. It was messy and unnecessary. I have seen a video of the animal from Preston biting Back and he should get the book thrown at him. Again it was avoidable. If the referee stops the game for the Cantwell challenge instead of being clever trying to play an advantage that was never on it doesn't happen. And if the referee had any understanding of the game he would have known that they would have preferred a free kick as it was their best chance of scoring.

All in all a frustrating day but a point on the road and clean sheet are the positives for me.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Overtime? Given how poor the youth team updates are on social media, I'm not sure they're even putting in a full normal shift each week.

Yep but, working on a Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It looked to me (perhaps incorrectly?) that the ref only sent Beck off for complaining about the bite.

I have been told he kicked the Nobber. To not retaliate to being bitten must be extremely difficult but once he has kicked him it's a red card. I don't think Rovers will appeal it for that reason as provocation won't work in mitigation. I haven't actually seen it but I was told by a friend who was in there in an official capacity.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have been told he kicked the Nobber. To not retaliate to being bitten must be extremely difficult but once he has kicked him it's a red card. I don't think Rovers will appeal it for that reason as provocation won't work in mitigation. I haven't actually seen it but I was told by a friend who was in there in an official capacity.

Photo 22-09-2024, 15 55 45.jpg

Its a point and we keep our unbeaten run going. Clean sheet and Pears made 4 good saves today. Back 4 and Tronstad and Travis were solid all game. Disappointed with our attacking play and frustrated by the lack of quality in the final third. Surprised he didn't try Hedges on the wide left and Dolan/Weimann wide right. We didn't used Gueye well enough second half. 

Greenwood's red card is correct and has is Beck one a red card.

It should be at least 10 game ban for Osmajic for biting Beck if not more and its completely and utter disgraceful action and behaviour from him. 

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The clubs and sky should factor in the travelling fans when rescheduling these games but they don't. It is their fault.

We sold near 6,000 tickets for the game, so they were no problem. You have plenty of notice of the change of day or kick off time. 

6 hours ago, martonrover said:

Without getting into the politics on this thread, there aren't enough staff to work the normally timetabled trains on Sundays,  let alone any additional services.

ok thanks for the reply

• Like 1