BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well, we are sponsored by Totally Wicked!

That was last season.

Hopefully our current sponsors don't result in a ram's bottom being thrown onto the pitch...

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have been told he kicked the Nobber. To not retaliate to being bitten must be extremely difficult but once he has kicked him it's a red card. I don't think Rovers will appeal it for that reason as provocation won't work in mitigation. I haven't actually seen it but I was told by a friend who was in there in an official capacity.

The kick was before the bite though in fairness so there’s no mitigation for appeal other than he was merely trying to kick the ball away - which I think may be the case 

The sequence goes

•    Osmajic gets fouled
•    Holmes doesn’t like it and comes running in to barge Cantwell over
•    Beck then kicks Holmes as he is trying to take the free kick quickly i think
•    Osmajic doesn’t like that and bites Beck (ie after Beck’s kick)

•    Beck sent off for kick = correct
•    Osmajic gets yellow=incorrect should be red (to be fair , so much kicking off then that lino/ref probably didn’t see it –at the time looked like he just put his head into Beck’s neck from behind –hopefully he gets what he deserves and a long ban retrospectively)
•    Holmes gets nothing=incorrect should have been yellow for a barge after the fact

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

The kick was before the bite though in fairness so there’s no mitigation for appeal other than he was merely trying to kick the ball away - which I think may be the case 

I was quoting what I was told but having seen it now it's clear the order of events. That now puts a different perspective on an appeal and maybe we will. The kick wasn't dissimilar to the kick by Veltman on Rice for which he wasn't sent off. The

Good thing is any other season a performance like that would see us beat but we kept it a bay none the less 

ref a fucking disgrace, he didn’t wanna send the knobber off so he was gagging to send one of ours off yet completely misses the bit ? Disgusting, typical knobber team dirty wankers never have a team with grace and class always dirty lumps playing on the ref, refs always buy it aswell horrible team don’t deserve to be at such a level they should be in the lower leagues with the rest of them. That horrible lump should be done for assault too, if I was manager/ chairman/ player I would be pressing charges and getting the lump infront of a judge next week 

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was quoting what I was told but having seen it now it's clear the order of events. That now puts a different perspective on an appeal and maybe we will. The kick wasn't dissimilar to the kick by Veltman on Rice for which he wasn't sent off. The

My worry is that if it’s classed as violent conduct and a 3 game ban rather than 1, I do think it’s more a case of him trying to kick the ball away 

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I think eventually we will see Cantwell as number 10 and Duberry on the right…

More than happy to be on the points tally we are with still these lads to be up to speed… Hopefully we have a left winger in mind in January.

Dolan, Hedges are subs for me - They can still both make an impact off the bench.

Totally agree they are either shit or good, not consultant enough and Dolan never plays well against Preston 

What a disgrace. Grown up game of football and PNEs Osmajic bites Rovers Beck's neck. What also shocking is the ref or at least his assistant knew and did nothing about it. The ref was too concerned that he'd achieved a red card evening-up. Yet another pathetic referee performance yet they keep sending them to our Championship games and then they'll earn credit by taking part in a Premiership game - almost like a pat on the back for these chaps as we never hear a critical word against them. If it happened in a Premiership game the world would know about it but it Championship. 

Time someone did something about these poor officials. 

As for Osmajic I'd like to see a minimum 10 match bad. Criminal Court action??

PNE were the better side, even 10 v 11. JE got the subs wrong and I wouldn't have started Ohashi. Yeah he scored two good goals last week but his game play was poor. Gueye's good with his head but no one gave him a cross to show it. We played disorganised with Travis showing his anger at Pears mid first half for not following the game plan. Even so, Pears was the MOTM with three outstanding saves. 

Disappointing 0 0 game but the headlines will be all about PNEs Osmajic and the 4 officials. 

15 minutes ago, aletheia said:

The sequence goes

•    Osmajic gets fouled
•    Holmes doesn’t like it and comes running in to barge Cantwell over
•    Beck then kicks Holmes as he is trying to take the free kick quickly i think
•    Osmajic doesn’t like that and bites Beck (ie after Beck’s kick)

•    Beck sent off for kick = correct
•    Osmajic gets yellow=incorrect should be red (to be fair , so much kicking off then that lino/ref probably didn’t see it –at the time looked like he just put his head into Beck’s neck from behind –hopefully he gets what he deserves and a long ban retrospectively)
•    Holmes gets nothing=incorrect should have been yellow for a barge after the fact

It wasn't a foul in the first place - the biter dived. Holmes tried to play on, even though the whistle had been blown - Beck goes to kick the ball away - it's a yellow at most.

The ref lost control of the game - sadly he'll turn up next Saturday to make another game about himself with no repercussions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I think PNE did really well when they went down to 10 to be honest. They kept stretching us despite being a man down and were a lot more attack minded than I expected.

Thought Hyam was poor today and Beck had a very mixed game. Pears and Carter were good. Thought Hedges made some really bad decisions and needed to get his head up. I don’t know why we don’t sit crosses up in the box when Gueye is on, really need to work on that as he will score headers for fun.

Need to see some replays on some of the incidents, but the ref was obviously going to send one of ours off.

Slightly disappointing we didn’t take all three points, but by no means a bad result.

I thought we were poor across the park today - we simply didn't get going.

I was disappointed that Eustace stuck with a 'winning' team - he should have been braver and started Gueye from the beginning. Hopefully Dolan and Hedges leashes are becoming shorter and shorter - they offer very little going forward.

eustace set us up to hit preston on the counter

heckingbottom sensed  this and did`nt fall for it

we did`nt change our approach in the second half,sadly,which imo was a mistake

dolan was shocking today,he was unable to control the football,surely thats a prerequisite of a professional,can see him being replace by cantwell when he gets match fit

only positive from today,is we did`nt look like conceding at any time,even our old achilles heel of set pieces were dealt with comfortably

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

eustace set us up to hit preston on the counter

heckingbottom sensed  this and did`nt fall for it

we did`nt change our approach in the second half,sadly,which imo was a mistake

dolan was shocking today,he was unable to control the football,surely thats a prerequisite of a professional,can see him being replace by cantwell when he gets match fit

only positive from today,is we did`nt look like conceding at any time,even our old achilles heel of set pieces were dealt with comfortably

I gather that's his modus operandi regardless of the opponent away from home. 

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I gather that's his modus operandi regardless of the opponent away from home. 

as we`ve seen today,if the other team don`t fall for it then you have to change shape,can`t complain to much though,we would have lost a game like today last season,we do look a lot more organised and resolute

• Like 1