BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I disagree with the Gueye starting opinion. I was disappointed with him in the second half as he offered no physicality and his touch more often than not let the ball get away from him. And how many times was he caught offside? He is a work in progress and for me in most games would come off the bench.

Gueye starts over Yuki when possible for me.

Yuki has a finish on him but other than that he is ineffective. Gueye is a defenders nightmare but was never going to make an impact second half as Preston changed their shape.

Gueye will always make a bigger impact than Yuki starting a game…That’s not me saying Yuki isn’t good enough.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Today's ref was a premiership ref. Says a lot about the standard of referees

He isn't. He had two Premier League games towards the end of last season and screwed one of them up. He is being looked at how for another game but he is Select Group 2 who are predominantly Championship.

• Like 1

First half was abysmal. Zero control over the game and god knows why the tactic was to hit it long to Yuki. The long balls down the channels to Baker and Hedges who are both slow as fuck were inaccurate for 45 mins, too.

Credit to PNE for the second half, made us look the team with a man down, honestly.

Guaye starts for me. Gives us a platform to get into games. Yuki to come on when their defence has been softened up.

Baker is not a wide midfielder. Dolan isn't the answer, we all know that. Hedges is passable but shouldn't be starting.

The sooner the lad from Brighton and Cantwell are up to speed the better, our front 4 is massively unbalanced at the moment.

Having said that, good resilience, another point and unbeaten, so I'm relatively happy. Points dropped, though.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Gueye starts over Yuki when possible for me.

Yuki has a finish on him but other than that he is ineffective. Gueye is a defenders nightmare but was never going to make an impact second half as Preston changed their shape.

Gueye will always make a bigger impact than Yuki starting a game…That’s not me saying Yuki isn’t good enough.

It's horses for courses for me. I thought Yuki did reasonably well in the first half and his mobility without the ball was causing them problems but he was feeding off scraps because our creativity was negligible. Bring Gueye on when they were down to ten was the right decision but for me he isn't quite ready yet but your point about the lack of service is valid. This season we have been really good with our goals to chances ratio and going forward I don't think we will be a team that creates many can due to a lack of creativity in the team. That could change if Cantwell can get fit and hit form.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

cantwell will be replacing dolan,it`s a no brainer

Todd still looks off the pace. Seemed quite cumbersome. He needs to get up to speed, but yes, he’ll replace Dolan when fully fit.

12 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Cantwell, although clearly not fit, was excellent at finding space so he could receive the ball. If he gets back to his best he’ll be an excellent player for us.

He’s got a habit of finding space, he found loads of it in Callum McGregors pocket in old form games 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

He’s got a habit of finding space, he found loads of it in Callum McGregors pocket in old form games 

He never played in an old form/firm game. He’s too young.

The Rangers died but the Pars survived!

Any point away from home is a decent result in this league (aside from maybe Plymouth and Portsmouth).

But that's a missed opportunity against 10 men for an entire half. You should be winning from that position and we failed to even really trouble their keeper. 

40 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Any point away from home is a decent result in this league (aside from maybe Plymouth and Portsmouth).

But that's a missed opportunity against 10 men for an entire half. You should be winning from that position and we failed to even really trouble their keeper. 

Maybe but like you said any away point is good and playing against 10 always different. Shame about Becks red but nevermind.

We got a point,

pears got yet another clean sheet and

we are still unbeaten.

I'll take that 

• Like 1

Lets not forget where we were 7 games ago - nailed on for relegation to league 1.

Of the 16 players involved today, 8 are new. We're a work in progress and despite the disappointment of not being able to convert the draw to a win we're averaging 2 points a game and fourth in the league. I doubt I'm alone in thinking it would probably take 12 games to get to 12 points.

Hopefully lessons learnt and we get back to winning ways against QPR. I expect we'll see quite a few changes.