BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

Working a new job and working every Saturday until 1pm, I was fuming, but I quite like the unknown leaving work and getting home for second half. Yes, I could book the day off before anyone says, but only just started so not accumulated enough leave haha.

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

Working a new job and working every Saturday until 1pm, I was fuming, but I quite like the unknown leaving work and getting home for second half. Yes, I could book the day off before anyone says, but only just started so not accumulated enough leave haha.

The Preston game is on Sunday.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

The Preston game is on Sunday.

Hahaha is it, shows how out of touch I am 😂.  My goodness what a humpty dumpty I am. I've been talking to myself all day saying "would have loved to have gone" now I know I could have, oh well, full game it is on telly then.

There's been a few, but my comment has to be up there with one of the most stupid on this site for many a time.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, AAK said:

Hahaha is it, shows how out of touch I am 😂.  My goodness what a humpty dumpty I am. I've been talking to myself all day saying "would have loved to have gone" now I know I could have, oh well, full game it is on telly then.

There's been a few, but my comment has to be up there with one of the most stupid on this site for many a time.

As above, it’s not sold out yet. We’re in to the final 800 but still available.

1 hour ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

I have every faith in J.E to make the right selections and to respect this as a derby, even though we don't class nobbers as one, 

Of course it's a derby. It's just not the derby. It's actually 1.4 miles closer than the dingle dome.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

biggest away following at sheepdale since lamberts first game i believe🙂

you always knew what to expect from ryan lowes pne,a bunch of cloggers who got the ball in the box quickly.heckinbottom is smarter tactically and a better manager,this won`t be easy and we can`t afford an off day

Don't we pretty much always sell out what they give us at Deepdale?

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ohashi is quite slow although clearly very good in front of goal.

he slow? really? what his first goal from Saturday and he kept up with Dolan and in front of him? quite slow he ain't. 

He is like a Paul Dickov in terms of work rate and closing down their defenders whilst have better finishing quality than Dickov did

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

he slow? really? what his first goal from Saturday and he kept up with Dolan and in front of him? quite slow he ain't. 

He is like a Paul Dickov in terms of work rate and closing down their defenders whilst have better finishing quality than Dickov did

Brave statement 

Will Keane out for them is a big loss. 

Looking at people's 11's... The only change I would make is Weimann for Baker. He's clearly got an eye for goal and the sort of player you need in a derby. Wouldn't bet against him bagging another against another local rival. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

Will Keane out for them is a big loss. 

Looking at people's 11's... The only change I would make is Weimann for Baker. He's clearly got an eye for goal and the sort of player you need in a derby. Wouldn't bet against him bagging another against another local rival. 

once he`s fit,i think duberry will be in,weimann is never going to start every game and baker was ill at ease in that position

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yeah, quite slow I would say. Certainly speed is not one of his strong points, Gueye does have a turn of pace and is certainly quicker although not rapid himself.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, quite slow I would say. Certainly speed is not one of his strong points, Gueye does have a turn of pace and is certainly quicker although not rapid himself.

Strangely enough one of Gueyes better points is his passing ability, he always seems to get the weight of pass correct. Choosing between our forwards for this game will split the opinion of fans, but let's just hope Eustace get's it right.

Edited by rigger

From what I've seen Ohashi isn't quick - probably average paced.  Ropey first touch, but a cracking engine and knows how to draw a foul. He can clearly use both feet and seems a natural finisher. Also  has a very good jump so surprisingly good in the air for his height. 

Very useful signing for this level. 

I'd still rather play Gueye as the lone striker.  Ohashi could clearly play the 10 or off Gueye. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

I have every faith in J.E to make the right selections and to respect this as a derby, even though we don't class nobbers as one, if you've ever worked with them, they get a serious hard on over beating us, they can't contain their joy, they are so bitter and twisted and to stick it to them sunday and have them panicking in the relagation zone from a rovers win would be fantastic and just what they need to put them back into their little holes.

Usually see them spouting off for weeks before on social media about bEaTiNg ThE pLaStIcS but I haven't seen a thing this time, yet. Suggests they're somewhat worried. 

• Like 1

Ohashi is a lot quicker than his strong frame and running style suggest.

Quite apart from his skill at knowing the right place at the right time, he has the pace to get there. 

For the third goal, Hedges pass forced him out wide but he had the speed to get from near the touch line to the edge of the area before retreating Bristol City players could either intercept his drive inside or give cover to the bamboozled full back and they only had to run straight back to defend their goal.

I would agree about Gueye up top and Ohashi in the number 10 role BUT

- Ohashi has been scoring as the front man without Gueye on the field

- Dolan is now playing the number 10 role really well with the set up for Ohashi's first perfect; tackled his man fairly in the centre circle, pace to break Bristol lines running straight at goal, strength to evade the tackle and played the ball while falling with perfect pace and direction for Ohashi's strike; no wonder he got a snog from Tronstad

- and there is Cantwell building match fitness

- and Weimann who undoubtedly provide effective halves and cameos as consistently one of the best behind the striker players in the Championship for years.

What a wonderful problem for John Eustace to have... Starting at Deepdale

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Usually see them spouting off for weeks before on social media about bEaTiNg ThE pLaStIcS but I haven't seen a thing this time, yet. Suggests they're somewhat worried. 

ive said exact same thing as well, personally ive left them be and saving it for big maks hat trick.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ABBEY said:

doing same as my dingle predictions , ain't doung doing one ain't tempting no fate and I'm trying to be good and not gobbing to any nobbers this week ..

Learning some restraint in your old age Abs, I am proud if you.  Surprised but proud.

• Like 3