BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

Last night was perfect for us.

PNE slogged through 120 minutes against a Fulham side with ELEVEN changes from their last PL game, suffered two injuries forcing players off the field, no doubt picked up plenty of cuts and bruises then stood outside at 10pm+ on a September Lancashire evening in their sweaty kit for 33 penalties (16-15 plus the two that were missed)...

I saw the first 10 minutes and Fulham were breaking at speed with ease except for the final balls which went out of play for goal kicks...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

PNE…. no doubt picked up plenty of cuts and bruises then stood outside at 10pm+ on a September Lancashire evening in their sweaty kit for 33 penalties (16-15 plus the two that were missed)...

It sounds traumatic. I hope the medical services were on hand to treat the worst affected 😉

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 2

PNE slogged through 120 minutes against a Fulham side with ELEVEN changes from their last PL game, suffered two injuries forcing players off the field, no doubt picked up plenty of cuts and bruises then stood outside at 10pm+ on a September Lancashire evening in their sweaty kit for 33 penalties (16-15 plus the two that were missed)...

I saw the first 10 minutes and Fulham were breaking at speed with ease except for the final balls which went out of play for goal kicks...

PNE had also made eight changes, and will now prepare for our game in excellent spirits.

They did pick up a few injuries, but probably only to bench warmers, and the game isn't until Sunday.

They played 90 minutes, not 120. There are 4 and a half days between games. And it was a massively changed Preston line up, the 2 players who went off wouldnt have started anyway.

Edited by roversfan99

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They played 90 minutes, not 120. There are 4 and a half days between games. And it was a massively changed Preston line up, the 2 players who went off wouldnt have started anyway.

Woodman, Storey, Lindsay and Bowler I guess will start against us. All started last night. 

Despite Rovers great start to the season, this is the Championship where anyone can beat anyone. Plymouth beating Sunderland last weekend is evidence of that. This will be a tough game and Heckingbottom will have PNE up for it.

I have a bad feeling that we'll struggle in this one and come out of it with a narrow defeat. Pears had a very good game against Bristol City so he's due another clanger, and I worry that it will cost us here. Really hope I'm wrong but I'm just used to Rovers not turning up in derby games for the most part.

As for the team, there's no real need to change a winning side unless there's an injury, but chucking Cantwell in from the start might well be worth it here:

Pears

Carter    Batth     Hyam     Beck

Travis    Tronstad

Hedges      Cantwell       Dolan

Ohashi

• Like 1

Cantwell looked miles off it to me in his cameo on Sat.

No reason to rush him at the min, keep building those sub appearances for a few weeks and hopefully ready to really go after the next international break.

Only one for me who's position might be under threat from Saturday is Baker who wasn't great, but was out of position to be fair.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 6

Last night won't make a massive amount of difference to the Knobbers other than a bit of confidence that they are still in the cup.

This is their cup final their fans always turn out for it and their team is always up for it, Sunday will be no different.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philipl said:

Stood outside at 10pm on a Lancashire evening in September. That's not exactly a hardship is it? 

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Bloody hell! They were playing a game of football, not going over the top at Passchendaele ffs.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, philipl said:

It was a game of football, you've made it sound like the Battle of Hastings....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Rovers Police have issued a warning that there are only two trains from Blackburn on Sunday morning that will get you there before the noon kick off.

And that's if they even bother to run.

Northern have been cancelling all Sunday services on a lot of there routes for months now.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s an odd kick off time as all Championship Sunday games this season have kicked off at 3pm - as do the next two Sundays too.

Presume because Sky are using the slot to cover the usual 12pm SPL game (there isn’t one this week as it’s a cup weekend).

Even Swansea/Cardiff kicked off at 3pm the other week.

Yet Sunderland/Sheff Wed a few weeks back was a 12pm kick off.

Not sure there is any logic behind anything they do.

8 hours ago, KentExile said:

Given the part of your post that I highlighted in bold, Weimann is unlikely to play ahead of Carter.  Maybe Hedges on the right (as he was on Saturday) and Weimann left (where Baker played) with that defence though?

I do agree that Cantwell and Dolan are likely to be the "two 10s" once everyone is fit and firing

Hmmm…yeah maybe.

The big one, is when Brittain is fit and we have the option to play him in the right and Beck on the left. Do we then choose phases of the game to unlock the right or left side and the other one tucks in?