BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/2/2024 - 12pm k/o

The luxury of having 2 quality and in form strikers for one place is so foreign to us as supporters we no longer know how to embrace the competition for the place in the starting XI.  For me it’s Ohashi because Mac was sent off, giving Ohashi his chance and he took it. The spot is his until he gives Mac and opportunity then it’s Mac’s turn to be ready to make it his. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The luxury of having 2 quality and in form strikers for one place is so foreign to us as supporters we no longer know how to embrace the competition for the place in the starting XI.  For me it’s Ohashi because Mac was sent off, giving Ohashi his chance and he took it. The spot is his until he gives Mac and opportunity then it’s Mac’s turn to be ready to make it his. 

With two completely different type of players, it doesn't really matter how you played in the last game, it's who will be most effective against whichever team we face. 

• Like 8

Mainly through family, I've a few connections with PNE and despite the usual pre match bravado, I sense they are bricking it.

Their midweek cup match wont have helped and Keane is also out.

Don't know where their goals will come from and I just can't see them being able to handle our offensive play.

Rovers' win at 7/4 is a terrific bet.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Mainly through family, I've a few connections with PNE and despite the usual pre match bravado, I sense they are bricking it.

Don't know where their goals will come from and I just can't see them being able to handle our offensive play.

A quick look on their site and plenty of them think they are going to win.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’d shouldn’t be taking any opponent lightly. We go out there expecting it to be our hardest game so far, it’s the only way to approach any game.

100%

Well said, I feel Eustace echoes this...

Hence the confidence amongst the fanbase 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rigger said:

With two completely different type of players, it doesn't really matter how you played in the last game, it's who will be most effective against whichever team we face. 

Let's hope Gueye does'nt move his arm, could be another red.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

On 18/09/2024 at 14:47, KentExile said:

I think that was through necessity rather than choice.

Pickering's injury meant Beck had to play, and Batths injury meant that he couldn't slot into centre back (*) with Carter moving along to right back. 

I get the feeling that when there is a choice to be made it will more often than not be a full back pairing of either Pickering & Britain, or Beck & Carter

* Pretty sure that (barring a huge injury crisis) this season, McFadzean will only be used from the bench in backs to the wall situations when holding onto a lead/draw rather than from the start 

Why change a successful team, apart from stuttering for about half an hour after taking the lead, it was an excellent performance against Bristol city.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
Missing words.
  • Like 1

On 18/09/2024 at 05:46, philipl said:

Last night was perfect for us.

PNE slogged through 120 minutes against a Fulham side with ELEVEN changes from their last PL game, suffered two injuries forcing players off the field, no doubt picked up plenty of cuts and bruises then stood outside at 10pm+ on a September Lancashire evening in their sweaty kit for 33 penalties (16-15 plus the two that were missed)...

I saw the first 10 minutes and Fulham were breaking at speed with ease except for the final balls which went out of play for goal kicks...

How many times have we heard comments like these, lets take our foot off the gas, should be a walk in the park. It's a Lancashire derby, they'll be up for it. Nothing but 100% will do.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

In my experience Rovers fans from areas East of Blackburn couldn't care less about preston. They're like Reading or Charlton.

i certainly don`t dislike them as much as burnley and bolton,they just come across as a bit desperate for a rival,no idea why they apparently seem to hate rovers with a foaming rage😀

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

I work with a few PNE supporters and they are curiously optimistic but nervous about our attacking options.

They keep asking where and how we sign Yuki Ohashi.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, KentExile said:

Could possibly see Gueye start as the 9, Ohashi move back to 10, and Dolan slide across to replace Bakers role, which would still allow Dolan to be the second number 10 when Rovers have the ball

Pears

Carter Batth Hyam Beck

Travis Tronstad

Hedges Ohashi Dolan

Gueye

But I feel Eustace will go with the same team as Bristol, Baker was the right footed set piece option (in my opinion he didn't really put in decent set piece deliveries, but Eustace seems to like to have a left footed and right footed option on the pitch) in a team that won 3-0, so that may be enough to keep him in the 11.

That would be my pick, and have us looking like this in possession…

Pears

Carter   Batth   Hyam

Hedges   Travis  Sonny    Beck

Dolan

Gueye           Yuki

Appreciate this is a slight deviation from Eustace’s two #10’s but I’m dying to see what Gueye and Yuki could do as a big man, little man combo…🙌🏽

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Why change a successful team, apart from stuttering for about half an hour after taking the lead, it was an excellent performance against Bristol city.

I was discussing the choice of playing Beck and Brittain at full back against the Dingles. 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Where you grew up will probably dictate how much you dislike Preston. I’ve got Rovers supporting friends in Lostock Hall/Brig/Leyland who detest Preston with a passion. Conversely, they couldn’t give a shit about Bolton. 

Deepdale is also closer to Ewood than t’Turf is. It’s a big local rivalry whatever way you cut it. 

Preston are massively obsessed with us though as a rule. It’s probably because they’ve not had a good team since Finney retired.

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 2