BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 23/10/2024 - k/o 19:45

1 minute ago, sabino said:

Cantwell is a great player, but his takleing is awful.

He is class but, until he does the defensive side better, is a bit of a luxury.

dont really think that will change tbh.

I would like to see Cantwell more in the 10\central, and dolan wide if dolan is going to carry on playing. Dolan lacks quality with the ball but does give you hard work, which is why id prefer him wide just to help up and down. Give the ball to the better players as much as possible.  Tronstad trav and dolan as a 3 in the spine of the pitch is a real issue to why we do lack quality at times, they arent the most gifted with the ball at their feet in terms of passing\decision making. but 4 clean sheets in our last 6 games i think, with stats like that we've always a chance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So if his talent is wasted out left why did his best form in his career came from the left wing at Norwich and where Norwich turned down £30m for him from Villa. 

Playing from the left allow his to go either way or roam from the left like he did on Saturday, he also tracked back and help Beck out defensively time after time. 

Best starting eleven is past it time and football is now a squad game and where head coaches pick their team on tactics, opposition strengths and weaknesses 

You don't half spout some nonsense.

Firstly, Cantwell said at Rangers and recently Rovers, number 10 is his best position.

A friend was showing me some stats on Cantwell's starting position in his last 50 games at Rangers and Norwich.  30 were  in central midfield and JUST ONE in the left position.

You play the lad where his involvement and influence can be at its greatest and it's not stuck out on the feckin left.  I don't want him tracking back covering our left back as you state, I want the lad hurting the feckin opposition.

Best starting eleven past its time - feck me, you having a laugh?  Can't imagine any manager telling the likes of George Best, Pele, Cruyff, Messi etc 'this game isn't for you son, it's a squad game and we need to take into account the opposition'.

Question for you Chaddy - who do you think is best for the 10 role, Dolan or Cantwell?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Firstly, Cantwell said at Rangers and recently Rovers, number 10 is his best position.

A friend was showing me some stats on Cantwell's starting position in his last 50 games at Rangers and Norwich.  30 were  in central midfield and JUST ONE in the left position.

You play the lad where his involvement and influence can be at its greatest and it's not stuck out on the feckin left.  I don't want him tracking back covering our left back as you state, I want the lad hurting the feckin opposition.

Best starting eleven past its time - feck me, you having a laugh?  Can't imagine any manager telling the likes of George Best, Pele, Cruyff, Messi etc 'this game isn't for you son, it's a squad game and we need to take into account the opposition'.

Question for you Chaddy - who do you think is best for the 10 role, Dolan or Cantwell?

Indeed he did:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c80kw0x1l12o#:~:text="I'm happy to play,Yes."

and:

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

West Brom have quality all over the park and real depth on the bench too.

A really stiff challenge and that humiliation at the Hawthorns to be avenged as well.

I trust  Eustace to get an up tempo performance in what promises to be a real cracker.

All three results equally likely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So if his talent is wasted out left why did his best form in his career came from the left wing at Norwich and where Norwich turned down £30m for him from Villa. 

Playing from the left allow his to go either way or roam from the left like he did on Saturday, he also tracked back and help Beck out defensively time after time. 

Best starting eleven is past it time and football is now a squad game and where head coaches pick their team on tactics, opposition strengths and weaknesses 

You still need to know what your best starting 11 is going to be irrespective of whatever changes are made later on. We don’t.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

It's one of those games where we know the opposition can pick us off, and that they will come with a clear game plan and the flexibility to change things up if it isn't quite going the way they want.

At the same time, Rovers have to believe they can beat any other side in the division, with a bit of luck and a shed load of hard work. What will be interesting will be whether the players can perform in a more coordinated and purposeful way than in recent games, although perhaps we might struggle to play any worse as a unit than we did at Plymouth...

Stiff test. A midweek barometer of our potential and appetite. Bring it on!

Head - Rovers 1 Baggies 2

Heart - Rovers 2 Baggies 1

Boing Boing - Rovers 3 Baggies 2 with a last gasp in off the arse of Big Mak, after a sublime strike from Cantwell and another Japanese Banger from Yuki...

COYB!!

Toughest home fixture to date, but it's a West Brom team without a win in their last 4 games, scoring only 1 in their last 3.

For whatever reason we have a decent record against them at home too. Going for a 2-1 home win, but we must play much better than Saturday to achieve it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sabino said:

At least he's a lot better at pressing than Sigurdsson.

Under JDT he would've been given the license to roam. Some positive signs from TC, hope he can build on his positive start and make the players around him step it up a notch. Big game this.

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Eustace decides what's best the team not the players. 

His best form came at Norwich under Farke from the left side of the attack. Simple as. 

Playing him from the left allows more space, allow to roaming into different positions and he can go either way when taking a full back on

Stuck in past and old mental attitude 

Dolan. Give how Eustace wants his number 10 to play. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You still need to know what your best starting 11 is going to be irrespective of whatever changes are made later on. We don’t.

Don't agree. Football now is a squad game plus head coach decides on selection based on tactics and formation for that game, opposition and how they play. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace decides what's best the team not the players. 

His best form came at Norwich under Farke from the left side of the attack. Simple as. 

Playing him from the left allows more space, allow to roaming into different positions and he can go either way when taking a full back on

Stuck in past and old mental attitude 

Dolan. Give how Eustace wants his number 10 to play. 

Don't agree. Football now is a squad game plus head coach decides on selection based on tactics and formation for that game, opposition and how they play. 

Obviously Eustace will pick players based on how he wants to play.

But we are talking about how we would do it. Our own opinions dont have to correlate with the manager. Who would you pick as number 10 based solely on your own opinions if you was picking the team? Seperate it from Eustace for a second.

Cantwell enjoyed his best form at Rangers more centrally and has said himself that he prefers to play as number 10. Im not sure he can go either way either on the left, he doesnt have the pace nor a preference for his left foot to go on the outside. There are advantages to playing him from the left, to me they are outweighed by those of playing him central, but I dont get why you keep qualifying what are supposed to be your own opinions by repeating that its how Eustace wants to play.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously Eustace will pick players based on how he wants to play.

But we are talking about how we would do it. Our own opinions dont have to correlate with the manager. Who would you pick as number 10 based solely on your own opinions if you was picking the team? Seperate it from Eustace for a second.

Cantwell enjoyed his best form at Rangers more centrally and has said himself that he prefers to play as number 10. Im not sure he can go either way either on the left, he doesnt have the pace nor a preference for his left foot to go on the outside. There are advantages to playing him from the left, to me they are outweighed by those of playing him central, but I dont get why you keep qualifying what are supposed to be your own opinions by repeating that its how Eustace wants to play.

I have said my opinions based on how we played under Eustace. 

I would play Dolan or Ohashi in the 10/second striker role. Just like I would play Bellingham in the 10 role instead of Palmer or Foden. 

Of course players get rested from time to time but generally managers pick their best players - if first XIs don’t matter why does Haaland not start on the bench or Van Dyke or Palmer or closer to home Beck or Tronstadt?

The only reason players don’t play for ‘tactical reasons’ is because they haven’t been good enough to make the manager pick them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

40 million banked from player sales last season,hardly anything spent on new players

and some gullible souls think venkys are doing a good job😲

Who are these 'gullible souls'?

16 hours ago, sabino said:

I don't think it's his tacking , some of those he gets blown for are not fouls and it's more of a shit championship ref standard. 

I think Eustace does know his best 11.

The only one up for debate in his mind is the striker position.

In Eustace's mind, I believe his best 11 is -  Pears, Brittain, Hyam, Carter, Beck, Travis, Tronstad, Hedges, Dolan, Cantwell, then either Gueye/Ohashi