BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 23/10/2024 - k/o 19:45

We knew going in, but his was going to be a toughie to count on points from- at Ewood, their house, or on the moon. 

I love great defense, and not ashamed to crow over a clean sheet, particularly, against these guys, who have a couple of great scorers. 

Great effort, Rovers players & staff! 

• Like 4

Thought we battled well, where both teams seemed quite organised. Other than that not too much to shout about, we had chances and so did they. Cantwell showing glimpses of a prem player but he could do with some support.
Thought Dolan and Yuki pressed really well, Yuki needs another goal to boost his confidence.

Hopefully Duberry is back for the weekend. Still think we need another direct quick winger in January.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Not strange at all. You were happy to praise him for a good first season then make excuses for the second. That's strange if anything. He couldn't get a tune out of the players when the going got tough. He was taking us down. 

Think about what you've just said. Then think about the circumstances of the recruitment, then think about the owners, then think about what you've just said again. If you can't work it out, I apologise.

31 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Beats the suicide football of the clown that preceded him. Eustace doing a great job, take that type of performance and result all day over a loss but some pretty football at times. No thanks.

24th October 2023 we had exactly the same amount of points, but we've played two less games.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

Just now, London blue said:

You're literally in the middle of it now.

No, I've made my point, I'm right, you're wrong, not a debate for me, apologies.

Just now, booth said:

24th October 2023 we had exactly the same amount of points but had played two less games.

You won't change these people's minds, they are venky enthusiasts, leave them to it, they're part of the problem, hate saying but they are.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Happy to watch it all day. Intriguing and competive. Resilient and players working their nuts off. 

I'll join you in the boring camp.

Better than the frothing at the mouth rage camp of some recent seasons.

We feel like steady eddies atm, solid and functional, without really excelling. I'll take it for now.

It we'd been dull steady eddies from Jan onwards those 2 years we were up top end of the league, we would have coasted into the playoffs. Probably with a lot of confidence that we were difficult to beat. 

4 minutes ago, booth said:

24th October 2023 we had exactly the same amount of points but had played two less games.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this rewriting history.

JDT did an excellent job here for the majority of his time, certainly that first season.

Yes, it went to shit towards the end, but he'd mentally signed off long before that point.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, AAK said:

You won't change these people's minds, they are venky enthusiasts, leave them to it, they're part of the problem, hate saying but they are.

Why does thinking Eustace is doing a good job on a negligible budget make you a "Venkys enthusiast"?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this rewriting history.

JDT did an excellent job here for the majority of his time, certainly that first season.

Yes, it went to shit towards the end, but he'd mentally signed off long before that point.

That's probably fair as well, I was a fan of JDT although you can't just "sign off" because you're not happy with stuff.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, superniko said:

That was a tough watch. Absolute dire mid-week ‘entertainment’.

I’ve never seen a team so bad at taking a throw-in. No idea what they do in a weeks training. 

I found it quite exciting to be honest. It was nervy and could've gone either way. WBA trying to stay patient and waiting to catch us on the break, which when they did they showed how good they are. We couldn't afford to play with higher risk unfortunately and man for man they're a better side than us. I think this was a game that proves just where we are; a solid side that can compete with the best sides in the division on any given day, but we won't have the quality and/or concistency to end up in the top six come May of next year.

Worrying that Carter limped off, didn't look good. We have to adjust our style to our lack of pace throughout the team.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, booth said:

I meant to put "have played two less games".

Maybe edit the post then, because it reads exactly the opposite way around? 

We won’t finish sixth  but, blimey, we probably still have the best home record in the Division and we can keep clean sheets these days, too.

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Reminds me of John O'Mara and Johnny Price back in the early 1970's.

Big John, all 6 feet 4 inches of him was getting no service into the box, if O'Mara had anything, it was a usefulness in the air.

The crowd wanted the wee winger Johnny Price on to provide some service.

You guessed it, Price came on and O'Mara was taken off!

The trouble with O Mara was that despite being 6 ft 3 he was like Sam Gallagher relatively poor in the air for his size and jumped about five foot 8.

Agree we need to try getting more crosses in when Gueye is on the pitch.