BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 23/10/2024 - k/o 19:45

Good point.

We did have some decent chances. Hedges and Dolan produced tame shots which just about reached the keeper and that with their stronger foot and Yuki lost his sense of direction with his effort going wide.

Sigurdsson, well all I'll say on him is that I prefer Dolan and Hedges

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hedges always is for me. Don't know what any manager sees in him.

he works hard,always tracks back and is hard to knock off the ball,i think thats why eustace likes him

imo he`s lost his pace since his hamstring injury and now lacks any end product,given he can`t do 90 mins either i think duberry is destined to replace him in the near future

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Two very well organised teams who will both be relatively happy with a point I reckon. I was convinced we were going to chuck it away last 5 minutes due to having Siggy and Gueye on the pitch reducing us to 9 men. Neither pressed nor tackled and got popped off with ease. 3 dangerous attacks came down the left of as a resulting of their incompetence, lucky that the decision making was poor with fatigue setting in. 

We're right next to the away bench and  Eustace was screaming at Siggurdson to close down, he'd been on about 2 minutes.

• Like 1

I thought we were second best by quite some way. The really worrying thing for me is this wasn’t a rovers team underperforming, quite the opposite, it was a rovers team performing to the best of its ability.

Defensively we did very well but midfield and up front there’s nothing. We don’t have anyone in the squad that even resembles a front runner, let alone a goal scorer - and that isn’t going to change. Good job we’ve started well points wise because this coming winter could be difficult.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Good point.

We did have some decent chances. Hedges and Dolan produced tame shots which just about reached the keeper and that with their stronger foot and Yuki lost his sense of direction with his effort going wide.

Sigurdsson, well all I'll say on him is that I prefer Dolan and Hedges

A waste of a big wage that guy either get a tune out of him or get rid in Jan and use the wages better he's never fancied the grind since he first turned up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, den said:

I thought we were second best by quite some way. The really worrying thing for me is this wasn’t a rovers team underperforming, quite the opposite, it was a rovers team performing to the best of its ability.

Defensively we did very well but midfield and up front there’s nothing. We don’t have anyone in the squad that even resembles a front runner, let alone a goal scorer - and that isn’t going to change. Good job we’ve started well points wise because this coming winter could be difficult.

Maja looked to be exactly what we are short of.

1 minute ago, den said:

Im not going to criticise Eustace as I think he's doing a decent job. But we are difficult to watch for sure. 

Tippy tappy at the back then out to the wings where space is cramped. Out left Dolan, Cantwell and just behind Beck closey followed by West Brom midfield and defence. It's the same on the right when Cantwell and Dolan switch over there. That leaves Travis ( who I thought was great tonight) and Tronstad exposed. 

It's tedious to watch and we rarely get a decent cross into the box. That said we aren't conceding at home which is pleasing tbh. 

For me we just need to get Cantwell into the middle somehow and help the likes of Yuki or Mak.

• Like 2

Given the vast difference in squad value, that was a good point, felt obliged to stay behind and clap them off.

Thought Hyam was man of the match, but it could have gone to a few. Nobody particularly outstanding, but a team performance with plenty effort.

From being a team which stayed up on the last day, to having the style of play scrutinised whilst in 6th place, 3 points off the top 2 is quite the turnaround by Eustace.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Im not going to criticise Eustace as I think he's doing a decent job. But we are difficult to watch for sure. 

Tippy tappy at the back then out to the wings where space is cramped. Out left Dolan, Cantwell and just behind Beck closey followed by West Brom midfield and defence. It's the same on the right when Cantwell and Dolan switch over there. That leaves Travis ( who I thought was great tonight) and Tronstad exposed. 

It's tedious to watch and we rarely get a decent cross into the box. That said we aren't conceding at home which is pleasing tbh. 

For me we just need to get Cantwell into the middle somehow and help the likes of Yuki or Mak.

maybe playing 4/4/1/1 with cantwell behind the striker will give us options,iv`e always though dolan is more suited to playing wide and having wide players who stay wide will get us more crosses and through balls into the front two

Another borefest, Eustace football isnt entertaining but its all about results. I think tonight was a decent point but not a good watch. 19 points from 11 is a very solid return but we need to start winning away from home.

Defensively we are well organised and thats where Eustace's strengths lie, certainly at home. We limit teams to very few shots on target which is a good job as Pears dealt with the little he had to tonight very strangely. Hyam is clearly not a fans favourite but he has been really good in the last 2 games without any real credit. The Carter injury is a big concern, we needed another CB in the summer as it likely will mean Batth will have to play every game, at his age and with his lack of pace that will push us further back, and our only other centre back is ancient and can only play in a back 3 so an injury to Hyam or Batth and we are in trouble.

The 2 current full backs are 2 of our best players and offer something in attack and defence. They should keep their places leaving Brittain (never a winger just as he wasnt under JDT) and Pickering as very respectable cover. Tronstad again very good, Travis decent next to him.

The attack is where I have huge concerns. We have 4 goals in 6 games and 2 came against 10 man QPR. Cantwell stands out but he has to play centrally, his ability is well above anyone else and he needs to be where he can hurt teams the most and not failing to provide adequate cover for Beck.

It feels with the 2 strikers that Eustace is constantly rotating them because when either play, they dont do enough to deserve more games, I am not convinced by either. And our other attackers (Hedges, Dolan, Weimann and Sigurdsson) feel like a conveyor belt of players who do very little. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seemed like the queues as a result of the checks tonight were a joke. Piss up and brewery spring to mind.

I haven't seen a single checker - do they try and catch late comers? Haven't been checked at either of the last two home games, but I get there about 15 minutes early most matches. 

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seemed like the queues as a result of the checks tonight were a joke. Piss up and brewery spring to mind.

Enough to put people off going. Waggott back in action!

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Another borefest, Eustace football isnt entertaining but its all about results. I think tonight was a decent point but not a good watch. 19 points from 11 is a very solid return but we need to start winning away from home.

Defensively we are well organised and thats where Eustace's strengths lie, certainly at home. We limit teams to very few shots on target which is a good job as Pears dealt with the little he had to tonight very strangely. Hyam is clearly not a fans favourite but he has been really good in the last 2 games without any real credit. The Carter injury is a big concern, we needed another CB in the summer as it likely will mean Batth will have to play every game, at his age and with his lack of pace that will push us further back, and our only other centre back is ancient and can only play in a back 3 so an injury to Hyam or Batth and we are in trouble.

The 2 current full backs are 2 of our best players and offer something in attack and defence. They should keep their places leaving Brittain (never a winger just as he wasnt under JDT) and Pickering as very respectable cover. Tronstad again very good, Travis decent next to him.

The attack is where I have huge concerns. We have 4 goals in 6 games and 2 came against 10 man QPR. Cantwell stands out but he has to play centrally, his ability is well above anyone else and he needs to be where he can hurt teams the most and not failing to provide adequate cover for Beck.

It feels with the 2 strikers that Eustace is constantly rotating them because when either play, they dont do enough to deserve more games, I am not convinced by either. And our other attackers (Hedges, Dolan, Weimann and Sigurdsson) feel like a conveyor belt of players who do very little. 

To be fair you've highlighted the problem (Hedges / Dolan / Weimann / Sigurdsson). The strikers are getting no service - granted Ohashi should have scored tonight.