BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 23/10/2024 - k/o 19:45

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace decides what's best the team not the players. 

His best form came at Norwich under Farke from the left side of the attack. Simple as. 

Playing him from the left allows more space, allow to roaming into different positions and he can go either way when taking a full back on

Stuck in past and old mental attitude 

Dolan. Give how Eustace wants his number 10 to play. 

Don't agree. Football now is a squad game plus head coach decides on selection based on tactics and formation for that game, opposition and how they play. 

Absolute tosh to it all.

Think you are just a mouth piece for Rovers echoing all that Eustace et al say.

Be objective and form your OWN OPINIONS like most on this MB do.

I would play:

Pears

Carter.   Batth.   Hyam.   Beck

Trav.    Sonny

Hedges.     Cantwell.    Dolan

Gueye

Subs - Toth, JRC, Pickering, Buckley, Baker, Weimann, Siggy, Ohashi

Rationale - WBA are a big, physical side so I want to get some bigger, more physical players on the pitch to match them at set plays. Hence the nod for Batth, Hedges and Gueye over JRC, Weimann and Ohashi.

I’ve seen the debate about Cantwell. I’m torn, because in JE’s team, with Beck at LB, Cantwell essentially has a free role coming in off the left and is much more likely to be left unmarked. However, having watched the matches, I think he ends up doing much more defending than we want him to and I would prefer him more central and further up the pitch / closer to the striker because I feel he’s much more likely to find a killer pass than Dolan. I also think Dolans work rate is perfect for that left mid spot and he will still get into the #10 position when Beck pushes on.

Rovers 2 - 0 WBA

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I would play:

Pears

Carter.   Batth.   Hyam.   Beck

Trav.    Sonny

Hedges.     Cantwell.    Dolan

Gueye

Subs - Toth, JRC, Pickering, Buckley, Baker, Weimann, Siggy, Ohashi

Rationale - WBA are a big, physical side so I want to get some bigger, more physical players on the pitch to match them at set plays. Hence the nod for Batth, Hedges and Gueye over JRC, Weimann and Ohashi.

I’ve seen the debate about Cantwell. I’m torn, because in JE’s team, with Beck at LB, Cantwell essentially has a free role coming in off the left and is much more likely to be left unmarked. However, having watched the matches, I think he ends up doing much more defending than we want him to and I would prefer him more central and further up the pitch / closer to the striker because I feel he’s much more likely to find a killer pass than Dolan. I also think Dolans work rate is perfect for that left mid spot and he will still get into the #10 position when Beck pushes on.

Rovers 2 - 0 WBA

Carter is not a right back and Karlan Grant will have a field day if he plays there.

And Hedges is hardly dominant in the air.

I think a starting point should be get your best players in their best positions. With that in mind I'd like Carter at CB, JRC at RB, Beck at LB, Tronny in the middle and Cantwell at 10. From there it's much of a muchness.

Aside from the lineup I'd like to see a little more ambition in Eustace's tactics, but perhaps unlikely given the opposition.

Drab 1-1 is my guess.

48 minutes ago, London blue said:

I think a starting point should be get your best players in their best positions. With that in mind I'd like Carter at CB, JRC at RB, Beck at LB, Tronny in the middle and Cantwell at 10. From there it's much of a muchness.

Aside from the lineup I'd like to see a little more ambition in Eustace's tactics, but perhaps unlikely given the opposition.

Drab 1-1 is my guess.

There's an argument to freshen things up a bit after looking very flat at Coventry which was the first mid week league game. 

I agree getting your best players in their best positions. Carter for example. On cantwell, I think ideally he plays as 10 but we really lack pace and ball carrying out wide at the moment so that could be influencing the decision to play him there. Ultimately for cantwell his best position is one where he gets on the ball more, maybe starting from the left and drifting helps that more atm. 

If you look at the way we press (in a 4-4-2), dolan as the 10 presses higher up the pitch. Perhaps the worry for cantwell is if he plays there he drops too deep to look for the ball affecting the press or if he's pressing higher up then he might go longer periods without touching the ball. I'd like to see eustace explain it tbh.

• Like 1

Rovers’ squad has quality, finally, enough to see some decent players on the bench. I will not disagree, with those who say Beck may be our best. Lad is tough as nails. Dolan, our most improved so far (?).

despite our personnel gains, I’d say mediocre in goal. 

I’d start Yuki, leaving Weimann & Siggy on the bench. 

A win would be wonderful, finally defeat someone ahead of us on the table. however, I’m seeing a 1-1 type of affair. Prove me wrong, Rovers! 

14 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Rovers’ squad has quality, finally, enough to see some decent players on the bench. I will not disagree, with those who say Beck may be our best. Lad is tough as nails. Dolan, our most improved so far (?).

despite our personnel gains, I’d say mediocre in goal. 

I’d start Yuki, leaving Weimann & Siggy on the bench. 

A win would be wonderful, finally defeat someone ahead of us on the table. however, I’m seeing a 1-1 type of affair. Prove me wrong, Rovers! 

Most improved is not always a good recommendation. I once got an award as most improved player. I went from being extremely shit, to  being alright.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Most improved is not always a good recommendation. I once got an award as most improved player. I went from being extremely shit, to  being alright.

ditto,though i only got picked for respective teams because i could play on the left  and could tackle,always found it was a big advantage if you were left footed,it got you a place,even if the rest of your game was a bit ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!