BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 23/10/2024 - k/o 19:45

10 minutes ago, London blue said:

So it's between JRC and Brittain, right? JRC is far better defensively, and i'd say they're fairly equal going forward. Brittain has a touch more pace but JRC has the better engine. 

JRC is the more accomplished RB, for me.

Definitely, but he’s somewhat injury prone.

It’s funny how different periods of time lead to different opinions of players. For me there are a lot of similarities between Gueye and Chris Brown, both strong, physical and cause defenders problems but would struggle to score in a knocking shop wrapped in 50 quid notes. Gueye is an honest pro clearly working hard but we if he gets 5 this year I’ll be surprised 

Edited by Lancaster Rover

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh!? 

Hes our best RB. Better defensively, better on the ball, had a long spell at RB where he was really good.

If you are a winger up against Brittain you are getting chances to get crosses in.

Still, Brittain is a better right back (an actual right back) than your suggestion of Carter who struggles there.

Gueye is a decent enough replacement in the squad for Gallagher, cheaper, better hold up play and not as injury prone, looks more comfortable in the centre fwd role than Sam ever did but at the moment brings even less goal threat.

A work in progress though so give him time i'm sure he'll start scoring once he's hit a couple in off his arse or elbow and he is certainly an upgrade on Telalovic.

• Like 2

Surely with Gueye, his main threats are occupying defenders and in the air. I think a quick winger staying wide and getting crosses into the box would suit him, rather than our slower build up with very few crosses. 

Id still have him as the lone forward than Osashi who isnt as physical. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes our best RB. Better defensively, better on the ball, had a long spell at RB where he was really good.

If you are a winger up against Brittain you are getting chances to get crosses in.

Still, Brittain is a better right back (an actual right back) than your suggestion of Carter who struggles there.

Agree about Carter. It's not that he doesn't have decent ability on the ball, maybe 20 years ago he would've been brought through as a right back rather than a centre half. He hasn't let anyone down there at all, but there too many times you can tell he isn't natural in that position. Should be an emergency measure only going forward. 

On Brittain vs JRC, I think when he's on form JRC has to get in the team somewhere. Sadly though he hasn't shown anything like so far this year for whatever reason, whereas Brittain has set up two goals already despite missing half our games. Brittain starts for me. 

Brittain was also way up in the assists chart last year too, he also contributes a lot in the first phase of attacking build up.

I think there is very little between Brittain or JRC on the defensive front, I'd go for Brittain being better due to his pace and positional sense. He does get beat the odd time and crosses come in but then that's the case for most full backs these days as with wingers 'cheating' and staying as wide as possible it's often difficult to cover inside and get out and cover the cross.

Edited by Lancaster Rover
  • Like 1

I'd go Brittain over JRC if we're playing Gueye. Brittain's one of the few players that can whip a cross in. I'm still a little confused as to why we've signed a striker who's history shows isn't a great finisher but is great in the air and aren't slamming crosses into him at every opportunity. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I'd go Brittain over JRC if we're playing Gueye. Brittain's one of the few players that can whip a cross in. I'm still a little confused as to why we've signed a striker who's history shows isn't a great finisher but is great in the air and aren't slamming crosses into him at every opportunity. 

Exactly! If he doesn't score himself he can flick it on to someone who will. He's already done that in fact.

We aren't scoring enough goals so let's use every avenue.

PS---Hedges had a good cross on him when he played wide for Aberdeen. Just saying!

• Like 1

Hi All

Sorry if wrong thread !!

I have 3 x Tickets for the 'Blackburn Legends' at King Georges Hall this Friday 25th October at 19.30pm.

Unfortunately, we are unable to attend and the ticket cost is £35 per ticket.

I don't want these tickets to go to waste and will accept £50.00 for all three.

Please contact me on 07903 - 262010

Thanks Andy

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

In your opinion of course. 

I rather Brittain at right back with JRC further forward and getting into goal scoring areas. 

• Downvote 1

My main concern is that we are sitting so deep with our two midfielders that we are inviting pressure on our back line which will be easily exploited by decent teams. In turn we aren't creating enough threat and aren't testing the opposition keeper. 

With all this in mind, I would like to see us get at our opponents, and would play:

Toth

JRC.   Carter Hyam Beck

Brittain Buckley Tronstadt Weimann

Cantwell

Gueye

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

My main concern is that we are sitting so deep with our two midfielders that we are inviting pressure on our back line which will be easily exploited by decent teams. In turn we aren't creating enough threat and aren't testing the opposition keeper. 

With all this in mind, I would like to see us get at our opponents, and would play:

Toth

JRC.   Carter Hyam Beck

Brittain Buckley Tronstadt Weimann

Cantwell

Gueye

That’s the problem as I see it We have two water carriers in central midfield plus a back four.  One is our captain and the other is possibly our most consistent player. So un droppable.  In an ideal world one of centre mids would have a bit more of the Andy Wharton about them. That’s why we look turgid at the moment.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

In the right back debate everyone seems to have missed the player who I believe is the best right back at the club. Leo Duru is ahead of Brittain, JRC and Carter but continues to be over by the manager. He was outstanding yesterday for the under 21's.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In the right back debate everyone seems to have missed the player who I believe is the best right back at the club. Leo Duru is ahead of Brittain, JRC and Carter but continues to be over by the manager. He was outstanding yesterday for the under 21's.

Someone will have noticed....

56 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

won every home game , don't change winning team and is Andy another of the Wartons?

We have won our home games, that's true. However I believe that our results by and large have flattered to deceive. Let's not forget two awful performances prior to the international break with largely the same lads on the pitch. My opinion is that we are sleepwalking towards a really bad run if we continue this 7 man defence . I believe we can keep it tight but be a little more creative. Hence my inclusion of Buckley over Travis. I don't think Buckley is great by any means but he potentially offers something that the current two can't.

On your second point; I'm sure you were being light hearted and not trying to demonstrate that an argument is worthless if it contains a mistake (Andy instead of Adam) but the surname is Wharton, not Warton.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

We have won our home games, that's true. However I believe that our results by and large have flattered to deceive. Let's not forget two awful performances prior to the international break with largely the same lads on the pitch. My opinion is that we are sleepwalking towards a really bad run if we continue this 7 man defence . I believe we can keep it tight but be a little more creative. Hence my inclusion of Buckley over Travis. I don't think Buckley is great by any means but he potentially offers something that the current two can't.

On your second point; I'm sure you were being light hearted and not trying to demonstrate that an argument is worthless if it contains a mistake (Andy instead of Adam) but the surname is Wharton, not Warton.

I hate speeling mistaks.  🙂 

• Like 1

Um... tough one to predict. We won on the weekend but it was hardly convincing. No single player you would say has to start. As in all championship games it really comes down to who scores the first goal. If you get the first one you win something like 60% of them, draw 25% and lose 15%. Roughly that anyway. 

But that means do you prioritize not conceding or do you go about getting the first one? I expect Eustace will go for the former and it will be very very cagey. But I am not completely sure... one of the good things about Eustace is that he does seem a bit unpredictable.

ALso I think midweek games the away side really seems to struggle. But had a little hunt around the internet to find some evidence for this and couldn't so maybe it's just Rovers struggle mid week?

Just hoping we get a random amazing performance. You never know...

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1