BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 23/10/2024 - k/o 19:45

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Um... tough one to predict. We won on the weekend but it was hardly convincing. No single player you would say has to start. As in all championship games it really comes down to who scores the first goal. If you get the first one you win something like 60% of them, draw 25% and lose 15%. Roughly that anyway. 

But that means do you prioritize not conceding or do you go about getting the first one? I expect Eustace will go for the former and it will be very very cagey. But I am not completely sure... one of the good things about Eustace is that he does seem a bit unpredictable.

ALso I think midweek games the away side really seems to struggle. But had a little hunt around the internet to find some evidence for this and couldn't so maybe it's just Rovers struggle mid week?

Just hoping we get a random amazing performance. You never know...

Beck.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

We have won our home games, that's true. However I believe that our results by and large have flattered to deceive. Let's not forget two awful performances prior to the international break with largely the same lads on the pitch. My opinion is that we are sleepwalking towards a really bad run if we continue this 7 man defence . I believe we can keep it tight but be a little more creative. Hence my inclusion of Buckley over Travis. I don't think Buckley is great by any means but he potentially offers something that the current two can't.

On your second point; I'm sure you were being light hearted and not trying to demonstrate that an argument is worthless if it contains a mistake (Andy instead of Adam) but the surname is Wharton, not Warton.

I know ... sarcasm is my gift

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

In the right back debate everyone seems to have missed the player who I believe is the best right back at the club. Leo Duru is ahead of Brittain, JRC and Carter but continues to be over by the manager. He was outstanding yesterday for the under 21's.

That's a bold claim. 

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 nil Rovers. Expect a similar type of performance to the Swansea game. We played on the counter in this just highlighting how adapted we been in different scenarios and situations. Eustace, coaching staff and players deserved huge credit for our start, adaptability of tactics and 5 home wins

I hope it's not a similar type of performance to the Swansea game. First home defeat if so.

• Downvote 1

I think if we play like we did against Swansea, we'll be very fortunate to get all 3 points. I have no issue setting up to play on the counter but we don't really have the pace to break on teams with any real conviction.

I doubt he'll change much following a win but it seems like, game after game, we are looking at changing up the attack as it didn't quite work in the game before.

Dolan will retain his place in the middle, Cantwell most likely on the left. I'd maybe bring Sigurdsson in but it would mean starting him on the right. Assume Gueye will keep his place with Ohashi to come off the bench.

5 hours ago, benhben said:

Surely with Gueye, his main threats are occupying defenders and in the air. I think a quick winger staying wide and getting crosses into the box would suit him, rather than our slower build up with very few crosses. 

Id still have him as the lone forward than Osashi who isnt as physical. 

Hmm.. who got their head in a tough spot to score the equaliser against Norwich??

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1566626547224107

44 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's a bold claim. 

Why when it's what I believe. One of my gripes with Eustace is that he prefers experience and that's all well and good in some situations but in this instance his reluctance to play a natural right back hung Carter out to dry and contributed to a couple of defeats.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Why when it's what I believe. One of my gripes with Eustace is that he prefers experience and that's all well and good in some situations but in this instance his reluctance to play a natural right back hung Carter out to dry and contributed to a couple of defeats.

It’s a fair point and I hope he has learned his lesson from it. 
He was a fish out of water at full back.

• Like 1

The Swansea game shouldn't be much of a barometer of how tonight should go. After last night's 0-0 draw, that's now seven out of their eleven games this season which saw a maximum of one goal. Definitely puts our struggles with the ball into consideration. 

I think more of a football match should break out tonight. Whether that suits us not remains to be seen. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

In the right back debate everyone seems to have missed the player who I believe is the best right back at the club. Leo Duru is ahead of Brittain, JRC and Carter but continues to be over by the manager. He was outstanding yesterday for the under 21's.

i don`t think he`s quite ready for the step up,especially against a side as good as west brom

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think he`s quite ready for the step up,especially against a side as good as west brom

The discussion was about, is Duru the best right-back the Rovers have ?  

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

The discussion was about, is Duru the best right-back the Rovers have ?  

He played a peach of a pass in for Harry Leonard to score against the German side in the U21 international game last night. Brittain does a similar thing (thinking about his cross for Yuki to head in the leveller against Norwich), so perhaps it is a question of having some strength in depth available to the squad, to create chances for our not quite striking it yet strikers..?

For me, if they are good enough to sign a professional contract, then they are good enough to represent the town ;0)

Tough game and a real test. Hope we can keep being unbeaten at home but not expecting a win. Expect Eustace will try to nullify them and try to score on the counter or from a corner/free kick. In other words I expect another borefest. If it keeps us unbeaten at home it’s ok. I’ll always have coffee. So…COYB!!

We are playing Russian Roulette again at the back. Not a good idea with players of the quality that WBA have pushing up. 

Coming back into the game a bit now, and Cantwell is starting to spray passes around.

Interesting battle ahead...?